From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Ghetsis Harmonia (Japanese: ゲーチス・ハルモニア G-Cis Harmonia) is one of the Seven Sages, the true mastermind behind Team Plasma and the primary antagonist in Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.
In the games
Ghetsis first appears in Accumula Town trying to rally its citizens. After that, he appears at several points in the game trying to warn the citizens of the oncoming change and is often the one that comes to rescue other Seven Sages if they are nearing arrest. After the player and Alder come to the Relic Castle he is already there and tells them that if they are to battle N, they must retrieve the LightB/DarkW Stone. He also appears making a similar speech to his one in Accumula Town in Opelucid City. He later appears at the castle during N's takeover and taunts the player before battling N. After the player defeats N, he reveals he has been using N and revived ZekromB/ReshiramW for N to use, and calls N a disappointment. He reveals that his and Team Plasma's motive for stealing Pokémon was a lie all along and that Ghetsis wanted to ensure that he was the only person in Unova with Pokémon, so he could dominate the region (this was previously foreshadowed by him referring to himself during speeches referring to Team Plasma's goals before correcting himself and saying Team Plasma). According to a Grunt in the castle, he was even learning of ways to manipulate hearts of people. Alder and Cheren both hear the truth from Ghetsis. Ghetsis battles the player in a rage, despite N's protest. After the battle, Alder and Cheren arrest Ghetsis and take him away. He is not seen again in this game.
When the player meets the Shadow Triad for the final time, it is revealed that they rescued Ghetsis from captivity and that he is currently on the run. He has lost everything, including his Pokémon, and only the Shadow Triad are still loyal to him. For some reason, he has ordered the Shadow Triad to stop looking for him.
In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, Ghetsis is revealed to be the true mastermind behind the new Team Plasma, which had seemingly been led by Zinzolin, Colress and the Shadow Triad. After Colress is defeated, Ghetsis confronts the player and angrily denounces Colress as being more interested in science than in Team Plasma's ambitions even after being appointed as the organization's official leader. He leaves the player to fight the Shadow Triad while he enters the Giant Chasm with Kyurem. By the time the player catches up with him, Ghetsis has prepared his plan to freeze all of Unova. He summons Kyurem to his side and orders it to use Glaciate on the player, only for N to arrive with ZekromB2/ReshiramW2 and interfere. This however was part of Ghetsis's plan, and while berating N for causing what will happen to Unova as a result of N's refusal to be his pawn in the previous games, Ghetsis uses the DNA Splicers to forcibly revert ZekromB2/ReshiramW2 into its stone form. Kyurem then fuses with the stone, creating Black KyuremB2/White KyuremW2. Ghetsis challenges the player to fight Black KyuremB2/White KyuremW2, preventing it from being captured via a signal from his cane that disrupts the function of Poké Balls. Upon the defeat of Kyurem, its Absofusion is reversed, separating it back into Kyurem and ZekromB2/ReshiramW2. Ghetsis flies into a rage and attacks the player, starting a final battle. When he is defeated, he suffers a mental breakdown and violently rejects the compassion N shows him. The Shadow Triad take him away from the Giant Chasm and later inform the player that Ghetsis is no longer mentally capable of any further criminal deeds, finally ending his threat to Unova.
Ghetsis, as he appears in Pokémon Black and White Versions, will appear as a member of Team Rainbow Rocket in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Pokémon Black and White
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
Pokémon Black and White
- Accumula Town
- "My name is Ghetsis. I am here representing Team Plasma. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I would like to talk to you about Pokémon liberation.
- "I'm sure most of you believe that we humans and Pokémon are partners that have come to live together because we want and need each other. However... Is that really the truth? Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans... only assume that this is the truth?
- "Pokémon are subject to the selfish commands of Trainers... They get pushed around when they are our "partners" at work... Can anyone say with confidence that there is no truth in what I'm saying?
- "Now, ladies and gentlemen, Pokémon are different from humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential. They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn. Tell me, what is our responsibility toward these wonderful beings called Pokémon?"
- "That's right! We must liberate the Pokémon! Then, and only then, will humans and Pokémon truly be equals. Everyone, I end my words here today by imploring you to consider the relationship between people and Pokémon... and the correct way to proceed. We sincerely appreciate your attention."
- Castelia City
- "My word, if it isn't the Gym Leader, Burgh."
- "Indeed... No matter. We already have an exceptional base of operations. Is everyone familiar with the legend of the founding of the Unova region?"
- "The truth is this... The blackB/whiteW dragon appeared before a hero who sought the idealB/trueW way to knit together a world full of warring people. This blackB/whiteW Dragon-type Pokémon shared its knowledge--and bared its fangs at those who stood against it. Together, the power of this Pokémon and the hero brought unity to the hearts of everyone in the land, and that is how Unova was created.
- "We shall bring back the hero and that Pokémon to Unova once again! If we can win people's hearts and minds, we can easily create the world that I--I mean, Team Plasma--desires!"
- "Myah-ha-ha-ha! You are quite hard to figure out--a little more intelligent than I'd expected. I am fond of intelligent people, you see. You'll enjoy hearing about this... From every corner of the world, I have gathered knowledgeable people for our king's benefit. You could call them the Seven Sages. Very well! We will submit to your opinion and be on our way.
- "That girl over there... Return her Pokémon!"
- "The friendship between Pokémon and people can be very touching. But, in order to liberate Pokémon from foolish people, we will revive the legend of Unova--and win the hearts and minds of everyone. Farewell..."
- Driftveil City
- "Clay. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Ghetsis, of Team Plasma. I've come to pick up my associates who are in your care."
- "What's this? It seems as if there has been some misunderstanding. We only free Pokémon from wicked people."
- "Team Plasma also has an interest in Driftveil City. And we have many, many more members besides those who are here..."
- "A decision worthy of a businessman called the Miner King. Your grasp of the situation is outstanding. Well then, we will be taking our colleagues off your hands..."
- "Don't worry, my fellow servant of the king... We are two of the Seven Sages, are we not? Well then, everyone, I expect that we will meet again somewhere."
- Relic Castle
- "It looks like everyone is here. It seems you are working hard to resurrect ReshiramB/ZekromW, the other Dragon-type Pokémon, aren't you? But it appears the Light StoneB/Dark StoneW you seek is not here.
- "Well then, congratulations are in order! <Player>, you were chosen by our king. If you truly desire to keep the world as it is, where Pokémon live alongside people, you must bring the other Dragon-type Pokémon spoken of in legend and battle with our king. Otherwise, Team Plasma will steal every Pokémon from every person in the world and release them all!"
- "What's this? Champion Alder, even though illness took the Pokémon that had been your partner for many years, and you haven't had a serious battle in all that time... Even you, who ordered the Elite Four to protect the Pokémon League and left to wander the Unova region alone... Even a Champion like you now wants to protect a world where Pokémon and people live together? Team Plasma's king will show the people of Unova that he is stronger than a Champion who keeps Pokémon bound! And just like the hero who founded Unova, he will be accompanied by the legendary Pokémon. He will give this order! 'Trainers, release your Pokémon!' For this, we have prepared a suitable castle for the legendary ZekromB/ReshiramW and our king!"
- "Our king has no interest in you. He has already determined that victory against you is assured."
- "Of course not. I'm doing this out of kindness. Yes, kindness. I'm making sure the Champion doesn't get hurt for no reason. Granted, the moment when someone loses all hope... I really do love to watch that moment. Well then, farewell."
- Tubeline Bridge
- "Excellent. It seems that you have obtained the Light StoneB/Dark StoneW. I congratulate you on a job well done.
- "It is my lord N's thought that the two holders of the legendary Pokémon should put their beliefs on the line and strive to find which is the true hero.
- "This is not necessary, however. From his infancy, I provided him with the education required to become the hero of legend. Indeed, he has been so acknowledged by the legendary Pokémon. ...Such purity of purpose is his.
- "The liberation of Pokémon of which I... Of which Team Plasma speaks is the separation of Pokémon from foolish people! That's the truth! All Trainers will become helpless to resist us! We alone will be able to use Pokémon!
- "The preparations are complete!
- "When my perfect plan is set in motion, first a few gullible Pokémon Trainers who are unable to resist Team Plasma will release their Pokémon. Then that number will become a hundred, then a thousand... In no time, even the Gym Leaders and the Champion will become unable to fight us. Having a Pokémon will be considered a bad thing! Even people like the sad little Bianca, whose Pokémon was stolen in Castelia, will be unable to face public opinion and will release their Pokémon! That's the kind of world we'll make!
- "You may have the Stone, but there's no chance whatsoever that the legendary Pokémon will accept you as the hero. So, if you're not willing to hand over your precious Pokémon, I suggest you search for some courage-- because you're going to need it!"
- Opelucid City
- "That's correct! Our lord N has combined his power with the legendary Dragon-type Pokémon and intends to create a new world. We herald the return of the hero of Unova, founder of this region.
- "Pokémon are different from people. They are living beings who contain unknown potential.
- "They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn.
- "They are beings whose greatness we should acknowledge! Beings who should be freed from our oppression!
- "We, Team Plasma, invite you to join us! We all want to create a new world where people and Pokémon are both free! Ladies and gentlemen, I ask you now... Please, release your Pokémon. And so I end my plea to you today. Thank you one and all for your attention."
- N's Castle
- "Welcome, holder of the Light StoneB/Dark StoneW."
- "The castle that appeared as if it were enveloping the Pokémon League is a symbol. It means Unova will change."
- "The king of this castle is the strongest Trainer in the world. He is accompanied by the legendary Pokémon. He has defeated the Champion. Added to all that, his heart burns with the desire to improve the world. If that's not what makes a hero, what more do you need?"
- "Now that the stage is set, we can seize people's minds and hearts. We can bring into being the world that I--no, that Team Plasma--desires more easily than you can imagine! We and only we will use Pokémon, and we shall rule the powerless populace!"
- "I've been waiting so long for this! I've kept my silence so no one could piece together what I planned. Now, those painful days are at an end!"
- "Go! Onward!"
- "Discover whether you have what it takes to be a hero!"
- "Go! Holder of the Light StoneB/Dark StoneW! In this room, you can learn whether you, too, can be a hero!"
- "After all of that, do you think you're still worthy of sharing the name Harmonia with me? You good-for-nothing boy!"
- "To start with, I spurred N into pursuing idealsB/the truthW. The reason we reawakened the legendary Pokémon now was to give MY Team Plasma more power! Power to control the fearful masses! That at least was well done."
- "After saying you had to put your beliefs on the line and battle to see which one chosen by the legendary Pokémon was the true hero... You lost to an ordinary Trainer! There is such a thing as being too stupid! Add it up, and you are nothing more than a warped, defective boy who knows nothing but Pokémon..."
- "<Player>! I never would have thought the legendary Pokémon would choose a Trainer like you! It caught me completely off guard."
- "This doesn't change my goal. My plans have not been disturbed! In order to rule this world utterly, in order to manipulate the hearts of people who know nothing, I will have N be the king of Team Plasma. But, for that to work, you-- since you know the truth-- You must be eliminated!"
- "That was just a convenient lie that I needed to create Team Plasma. Use your head. What's to be gained from letting go of useful things like Pokémon? Certainly, manipulating Pokémon helps people expand their possibilities. That much, I can agree with. So it naturally follows that only I should be able to use Pokémon!"
- "You can say whatever you want. A Pokémon, even if it's revered as a deity, is still just a Pokémon. <Player>, so what if it chose you! That doesn't mean you're a threat. Come on! Now you'll face ME in battle! I can't wait to see the look on your face when you've lost all hope!"
- "I won't allow anyone to stop me! No matter who does what!"
- Upon first non-KO HP loss
- "I was expecting exactly that kind of move!"
- When the last Pokémon is at critical health
- "What is going on here?"
- "My calculations... No! My careful schemes! The world should be mine!"
- "What?! I created Team Plasma with my own hands. I'm absolutely perfect! I AM PERFECTION! I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!"
- "Mwa ha ha! Since I couldn't become the hero and obtain the legendary Pokémon myself... I prepared someone for that purpose--N! He's nothing more than a freak without a human heart. Do you think you're going to get through to a warped person like that?!"
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
- Plasma Frigate
- Upon encounter in his office
- "That blasted Colress!" (turns to the player and slams his cane) "The fool is far too committed to pure science. This is how he repays me for making him the boss of Team Plasma? How dare he put his personal intellectual curiosity before our ultimate mission of conquering Unova!" (steps right) "How fortunate for you! Few get to be the sole audience member for one of my speeches." (steps forward) "Team Plasma will use its knowledge and technology to take Kyurem's true power to its absolute limit and freeze the Unova region. The terrified people and Pokémon will bow at Team Plasma's...no...at MY feet!" (walks closer and slams his cane) "Kyurem is an empty being. The remnants of a certain Pokémon when it split into Reshiram and Zekrom... My desire is absolute rule of Unova!" (walks closer) "That's right! Kyurem will be the vessel into which my desires will be poured!"
- (to a Shadow Triad member) "It's finally here! The wonderful era in which I am the absolute ruler of Unova has finally arrived! I'll let you take care of this!"
- Giant Chasm
- Upon encounter in the cave
- "The Giant Chasm! This is the spot where Kyurem's power resonates. Here, Kyurem can use the full extent of its power and easily cover all of Unova in ice!" (slams his cane) "Kyurem, come!"
- "I have a memory that has continued to haunt me. Just one. That unpleasant look in your eyes reminds me of it. That aside, this is my gift to you to show my respect for making it this far. I'll freeze you solid right here so you can watch my glorious ascent!" (slams his cane) "Kyurem! Glaciate!"
- After Kyurem's attack is destroyed
- "So you came... The freak without a human heart...N!"
- "Excellent! That was a moving expression of your determination! So the education I provided to make you king wasn't a complete waste, then! But I still haven't forgotten that even though I was kind enough to find you when you were living in the forest with Pokémon, and take you in, and care for you, in the end you were selfish and disrupted my plans. I was supposed to use your abilities to rule Unova!"
- "But I'll forgive you for that as well. ZekromB2/ReshiramW2, which you were kind enough to bring with you, can shatterB2/meltW2 ice! Now you've saved me the work of searching for it! Well, actually, I knew you'd appear if we fired ice missiles into Opelucid City and you noticed the change!"
- "Oh, but it will! If I use these! The DNA Splicers!"
- After ZekromB2/ReshiramW2 reverts into its stone
- "Kyurem! Absorb ZekromB2/ReshiramW2! Use Absofusion!"
- After Kyurem and ZekromB2/ReshiramW2 are fused
- "You fool... Last time, I was going to use you to capture people's hearts and minds to rule them! But this time, I'm simply going to use overwhelming power and rule with an iron fist! Do you understand? If you had simply become king, Unova would have remained beautiful!"
- "Come now, Trainer. This time no one will save you! But to make things interesting, I'll give you a chance. Let's see if you can stop THIS Kyurem!" (looks questioned)
- "What's this? Your Poké Balls are trembling. Could your Pokémon be shaking with rage?" (slams his cane) "No! That's not possible! Simple tools don't have emotion or thought! Come! Challenge Kyurem! Just so you know, catching it is impossible! My cane emits signals that disrupt the function of all Poké Balls!"
- If talked to before battling Kyurem
- "Come now! I want to see your face at the moment you lose all hope! Battle to protect Unova! I've prepared the finest stage, and it's wasted on a bit player like you! Lose and go down in flames!"
- "I can't believe it! The BlackB2/WhiteW2 Kyurem I went to all the trouble of preparing! How irritating! Now I have to go recapture Kyurem, don't I? But first, I'll take down this disgusting Trainer with my own hand! This time I WILL succeed! No matter what they try, no one will be able to stop me!"
- Upon the first non-KO HP loss
- "I was expecting exactly that kind of move!"
- Last Pokémon at critical health
- "What's this?! This is nothing like I expected!"
- "Could it be?! My plans for complete and total world domination foiled yet again? No! It mustn't be! I couldn't have been defeated by some random Trainer from who knows where!"
- (steps back) "How can this be? I'm the creator of Team Plasma! I'm perfect! I'm the absolute ruler who will change the world! And I've lost to some unknown Trainer not once, but TWICE?!" (paces, then turns to N) "I can't accept this! This isn't possible! I can't be bested by fools who can't even use Pokémon correctly!"
- (turns away) "Shut your mouth! Shut up! Shut up! Shut UP! Don't talk like a person, you freak! No real person could talk to Pokémon!"
In the anime
In the main series
Ghetsis is the head of Team Plasma, and the main antagonist of the Best Wishes! Season 2: Episode N arc. He made his debut in Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot!, where he was seen briefly contacting Colress via a hologram communicator. He and Colress discussed the current status of the Pokémon control experiment, and when Ash, his friends and Looker approached Team Plasma's laboratory, Ghetsis ordered Colress to turn the experimental Pokémon loose on them.
He appeared again, this time in person, in Team Plasma's Pokémon Manipulation!. He was seen contacting Colress for an update on his Pokémon control experiment. Later, he spoke to several Team Plasma Grunts, who were spying on the excavations made at the White Ruins as well as looking for N and conducting the mysterious "Project G" and "Project F."
Ghetsis appeared in Secrets From Out of the Fog! discussing his plans with Colress and Aldith. He was also seen in flashbacks to N's past, in which he raised N alongside Anthea and Concordia and wild Pokémon. In a later flashback, a ceremony he led in N's Castle involving N and the Seven Sages was interrupted by Reshiram, infuriating him.
Conducting the Ceremony of Revival
He also had a brief appearance in Meowth, Colress and Team Rivalry!, meeting with Colress, Aldith and Barret via hologram and revealing the existence of the Light Stone to them.
He appeared briefly via a communicator Ash and N: A Clash of Ideals! before arriving at the White Ruins in Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony!. With his followers having subdued Team Plasma's enemies, Ghetsis took the Light Stone and placed it on a pedestal in the ruins, then used his staff to initiate the ritual leading to Reshiram's awakening.
In What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!, Ghetsis successfully summoned Reshiram and, with the help of Colress's machine, took control of it. Despite turning it on his enemies, however, he lost control of Reshiram when Colress's machine was destroyed. Ultimately, he was arrested by Looker along with the rest of his followers.
- Main article: Recurring wild Pokémon in the anime → Reshiram
Ghetsis first summoned this Reshiram in a ceremony two years prior to the events in the anime. However, his plan to control it failed, as his goals led Reshiram to become enraged and destroy Team Plasma's mansion before flying away. These events were recounted by N in a flashback in Secrets From Out of the Fog!.
In Team Plasma and the Awakening Ceremony!, N surrendered the Light Stone to Team Plasma in exchange for Colress releasing Ash's Pikachu from his control. Ghetsis then arrived at the White Ruins and initiated the ceremony, resulting in Reshiram's resurrection in What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!. This time, Ghetsis had Colress use his Pokémon Control Device on Reshiram, placing it under Team Plasma's control. Ghetsis ordered it to go on a rampage, turning its power on both his enemies and his own followers, but when Pikachu fought Colress's control and shocked it, Reshiram began to regain its free will. It helped Pikachu destroy the machine, freeing all the controlled Pokémon, but then went on an even more violent rampage, stopping only when N managed to talk it down. Ghetsis still refused to admit defeat, however, admonishing Reshiram for disobeying him. After Ghetsis was captured along with the other members of Team Plasma, N came to understand Reshiram's motivations, and it departed peacefully.
|| Secrets From Out of the Fog!
In Pokémon Generations
Ghetsis in Pokémon Generations
Ghetsis appeared in The King Returns. He appeared in the Giant Chasm alongside Kyurem, finishing his plans to freeze Unova. Despite N and his Reshiram's attempt to stop them, he managed to fuse the two Pokémon into White Kyurem to further his plans. He was then challenged by Hilbert and his Zekrom.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Ghetsis in Pokémon Adventures
Ghetsis in the eleventh chapter
Ghetsis makes his first appearance in Accumula Town, where he introduces Team Plasma and their campaign to the townspeople. He gives a speech asking the townspeople to free their Pokémon so that they can be truly equal to them. Although some were not swayed by his words, Ghetsis did manage to convince some of the townspeople to release their Pokémon into the wild.
During the attack on Nacrene City for the Dark Stone, Ghetsis had a Plasma Grunt trick Black into revealing where it was kept hidden. After reaching the room, Ghetsis attacked Black and paralyzed him with his Eelektross. With the Dark Stone now in his possession, Ghetsis delivers the stone to N so that he can awaken the legendary Pokémon Zekrom.
When Team Plasma attacks the Pokémon League, Ghetsis uses Hawes as hostage to prevent Brycen from freeing the kidnapped Gym Leaders. He puts Brycen and the other Gym Leaders on crucifixes to taunt Black and others. Black attempts to retaliate, but his entire team is easily defeated by Ghetsis's Hydreigon. When no one is able to stop Team Plasma, several Trainers that Black met on his journey offer to help combat Ghetsis and the other Sages so that Black can move on.
After N is defeated, Ghetsis to Black reveals that he is N's father, that his full name is Ghetsis Harmonia Gropius (Japanese: ゲーチス・ハルモニア・グロピウス G-Cis Harmonia Gropius), and that N has been nothing but more than a pawn for his true goals to make Pokémon illegal for everyone other than Team Plasma. He attempts to kill Black to prevent people from finding out about N's defeat and continue to use his son for his evil plans. Using a special team tailored to counter Black's team, Ghetsis manages to easily prevent Black's Pokémon from fighting back. Black, furious from what he learned from Ghetsis, manages to have his Pokémon switch opponents so that he can free Musha from Cofagrigus's grasp. With Musha's help, Black finds out that Ghetsis has a sixth Pokémon assisting him—a Volcarona he obtained from the Relic Castle. Having uncovered Ghetsis's secret weapon, Black has his entire team defeat Ghetsis's team by exploiting their weaknesses. Afterward, Black traps Ghetsis in a cage of Stone Edge pillars, finally defeating him and ending Team Plasma's goals.
After N wakes up, he apologizes to Black and White and thanks them for helping him see the error of his ways. After N bids farewell and leaves, Reshiram begins reverting to the Light Stone. Ghetsis gets the idea to use Colress's Beheeyem to help him escape and uses it to throw Black at Reshiram, preventing him from escaping being pulled into the Light Stone with Reshiram. He then leaves and thanks Colress for the help he gave during the event.
In the Black 2 & White 2 chapter, Colress reveals that Ghetsis is still an active part of Team Plasma, although he has given up his leadership to the scientist. Later, Ghetsis meets with Colress on the Plasma Frigate after the latter finished his test-run of the Colress Machine. After checking up on the new Grunt uniforms, Colress tells Ghetsis that they should call Zinzolin and get him to rejoin them.
Later, Ghetsis sends Colress to Driftveil City in order to find and retrieve Zinzolin as well as the Kyurem he managed to capture without anyone finding out. Colress succeeds with both tasks, but ends up in a battle with Blake, a Pokédex holder that is a member of the International Police. The battle is interrupted by Ghetsis, who arrives with the Plasma Frigate and has Colress put Kyurem into a special room on the ship. Blake attempts to stop them, but is attacked by the Shadow Triad. Ghetsis and Colress enter the Frigate and have it take to the skies.
| Hydreigon is Ghetsis's first known Pokémon. It was used by Ghetsis to fly to the Dragonspiral Tower so that he could meet and give the Dark Stone to N. It is shown to be very powerful, as it was able to easily defeat Black's entire team in a short amount of time. At N's Castle, it was used to battle Black, where its Fire-type moves gave it an advantage over Black's Tula. Eventually, it was defeated by an X-Scissor from Tula.
None of Hydreigon's moves are known.
|| The Battle Within
| Eelektross is Ghetsis's second known Pokémon. It was first used by Ghetsis to attack and stun Black so that the Dark Stone could be easily taken from Nacrene Museum. At N's Castle, it was used to battle Black, where its Electric-type allowed it to gain an easy advantage over Black's Costa and Brav. Eventually, it was defeated by a Flare Blitz from Bo.
Eelektross's only known move is Discharge, and its Ability is Levitate.
|| Finding Truth
| Seismitoad was used alongside the other Seven Sages' Pokémon to fend off several Trainers that were trying to rescue the captured Gym Leaders. Later, it is one of the Pokémon Ghetsis used in his battle against Black at N's Castle. Its Water-type gave it an advantage over Black's Bo. Eventually, it was defeated by Musha's Hidden Power.
Seismitoad's only move is Hydro Pump, and its Ability is Swift Swim.
|| Triple Threat
| Cofagrigus is one of the Pokémon Ghetsis used in his battle against Black at N's Castle. Thanks to its Ghost-type, it easily had an advantage over Black's Musha. Eventually, it was defeated by Brav's Sky Drop.
None of Cofagrigus's moves are known.
|| The Power of Dreams
| Volcarona is one of the Pokémon Ghetsis used in his battle against Black at N's Castle. Volcarona was found in the Relic Castle, where it was later captured and eventually produced an Egg that hatched into the Shadow Triad's Larvesta. Ghetsis used it to camouflage itself with the sun, allowing it to make Hydreigon's Fire-type attacks more powerful in secret. Eventually, it was found out when Black had Musha eat his dreams and then defeated by Costa's Stone Edge. Afterward, Ghetsis expressed disappointment in its easy defeat.
None of Volcarona's moves are known.
|| The Power of Dreams
In the Pocket Monsters BW manga
Ghetsis makes an appearance in Pocket Monsters BW where he is discussing plans with a Team Plasma member on what to do with the Pokémon being released. Clefairy disguises himself as a ninja and listens in.
In the Pocket Monsters BW: Meetings with the Legends manga
Ghetsis appeared in Pocket Monsters BW: Meetings with the Legends.
In the TCG
Full Art print of Ghetsis
- Main article: Ghetsis (Plasma Freeze 101)
Ghetsis was introduced as a Supporter card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game during the English Black & White Series (the Japanese BW Era). First released in the Japanese Team Plasma Battle Gift Set, it was later released in the Japanese Spiral Force expansion and debuted in English in the Plasma Freeze expansion, with all three prints featuring an illustration by Yusuke Ohmura. It was also released as a Full Art card in the Spiral Force and Plasma Freeze expansions, with an illustration by Kanako Eo. Ghetsis makes the player's opponent reveal their hand and return any Item cards to their deck, which is then shuffled. As many cards as were shuffled back into the deck are then drawn by the opponent.
Ghetsis's right arm in the Black and White opening
- During a fan meeting event held in the Yokohama Pokémon Center on August 5, 2012, Junichi Masuda revealed that Ghetsis's full name was initially G-Cis Harmonia Gropius (ゲーツィス・ハルモニア・グロピウス).
- The top of Ghetsis's robes in Black and White resemble the battlements of a castle.
- Ghetsis has several unique attributes:
- He is the only villainous team leader in the main games that uses a pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
- He is the only Trainer in the core series games to use seven Pokémon to battle the player, as he has the player battle the BlackB2/WhiteW2 Kyurem he controls before challenging the player to a battle with his full team in Pokémon Black 2 and White 2. The only other Trainer with a similar style of battling is Greevil in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
- He is the only antagonist in the core series games to try to incapacitate the player. In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, he attempts to have Kyurem freeze the player with Glaciate, but that move cannot cause freezing when used in battle. Before the English releases of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, this threat was mistranslated by various sources as a threat to kill and impale the player using Kyurem's icicles.
- He is the only villainous team leader in the anime to be arrested successfully at the conclusion of his plot.
- He is the only one out of all the core series villainous team leaders who is never battled more than once per game.
- Ghetsis is 2.00 m (6'6") tall.
- In Black 2 and White 2, all of Ghetsis's Pokémon he also had in Black and White are two levels lower in Normal Mode and six levels lower in Easy Mode. However, they are two levels higher in Challenge Mode.
- Ghetsis's right arm is almost always concealed. In the games, it is only seen in Pokémon Black and White's opening, where it is shaded darker than his left arm. In the anime, it is never seen, but in Pokémon Generations he is shown with two fully functional arms.
- Ghetsis's anime incarnation appears to combine traits of his two video game incarnations. His personality is similar to his characterization in Black and White, but his outfit and open motives are taken from Black 2 and White 2.
- Ghetsis bears some resemblance to Giovanni in his goals of world domination, a focus on Pokémon theft, uncaring and selfish parenthood, and the degradation of his sanity after being twice defeated by a child.
|| ゲーチス G-Cis
|| From "G" and "Cis" (C♯), the pitches of the timpani used in his battle theme. The combination of "G" and "Cis" is a tritone, previously referred to as Diabolus in Musica (The Devil in the Music) in the 18th century. Could also be romanized as Goetis, derived from Goetia, Greek for "sorcery".
||Romanization of Japanese name
||Romanization of Japanese name
||Romanization of Japanese name drawing directly from its etymology
||Romanization of Japanese name
||Romanization of Japanese name
||Transliteration of Japanese name
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 魁奇思 Kuíqísī
|| Transliteration of his Japanese name. Possibly from 魁首 kuíshǒu, 魔鬼 móguǐ, and 奇思妙想 qísīmiàoxiǎng
|| Гетсис Getsis
|| Transcription of English name
|| ハルモニア Harmonia
|| Latin for "harmony"
| English, Vietnamese
|| Same as Japanese name
|| From armonía, harmony.
|| 하르모니아 Harmonia
|| Transliteration of Japanese name
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 哈爾孟尼亞 Hā'ěrmèngníyǎ
|| Transliteration of Japanese name