From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- Genzo redirects here. For the anime character whose Japanese name is Genzō, see Kenzo (EP166).
Cameron the Photographer (Japanese: ゲンゾー Genzō) is a non-player character in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
After the player arrives in Goldenrod City, Cameron will periodically be found in both Kanto and Johto on varying days of the week, and in a few cases, at different times. He will take pictures of the player's party and the surrounding area. Cameron's house is in Cianwood City, which has an automatic camera beside it for use at all times; however, Cameron cannot be found here.
With the entire party
If the Gym Leader is currently in the Fighting Dojo, the player cannot take a picture with the Leader.
Photos without Cameron
There are two other photo locations where photos are taken without Cameron. One is by using the automatic camera outside his house in Cianwood City, the other is a special photo in the Goldenrod Tunnel taken while dressed as a Team Rocket Grunt.
Cameron's house replaces the Game Boy Printer-based Photo Studio in Cianwood City from Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. While Cameron never visits Cianwood City while the player is there, he has set up an automatic camera outside with which the player can use to take a photo with their party. A relative of Cameron's resides inside the house.
A photo with an NPC
taken by Cameron
- "Hello, just when you least expect it! I am Cameron the Photographer. You look so photogenic! Why not have a picture taken?"
- No: "Aren't you a shy one?"
- If the player's Photo Album is not full
- "All right, then! Get yourselves ready!"
- "Good, good! We've got a nice picture! You can see all the pictures on your PC."
- If the player's Photo Album is full
- "Wait a second! My superhuman ability is telling me that your Photo Album is full! Sorry to trouble you, but can you delete some pictures before you talk to me again?"
- Cameron can be found at Mt. Silver, a location only highly skilled Trainers are permitted to enter.
- In French, the name of Cameron (F. Otto) is the abbreviation of the name of Phil the Photo Guy (Otto Focus), which suggests that they could be just one person. This is not the case in other languages though.
||From 現像 Genzō, photo developing
||Possibly from photographie in French, and fotografía in Spanish.
||Possibly from photo.
||Korean reading of 現像 Genzō.