From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Megahorn (Japanese: メガホーン Megahorn) is a damage-dealing Bug-type move introduced in Generation II. It was TM60 in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!, and is TR28 in Generation VIII. Prior to Generation III, it was the signature move of Heracross.
Megahorn deals damage and has no secondary effect.
|| A Bug-type attack that uses a stiff horn or horns. It is rarely learned.
|| A powerful charge attack.
|| A brutal ramming attack using out-thrust horns.
|| A brutal ramming attack delivered with a tough and impressive horn.
|| A brutal ramming attack using outthrust horns.
|| Utilizing its tough and impressive horn, the user rams into the foe with no letup.
|| Using its tough and impressive horn, the user rams into the foe with no letup.
| Using its tough and impressive horn, the user rams into the target with no letup.
In other games
In Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, Megahorn is a move with base power of 24, 10PP and 84% accuracy. The user attacks enemy in front, cutting corners.
In Explorers of Time and Darkness, the move's PP is decreased to 7.
In Explorers of Sky, the move's power is raised to 38.
- Gyms & Raids
- July 30, 2016
- February 16, 2017
- Power: 80 → 90
- Duration: 3.2 → 2.2 seconds
- Damage window: 2.4 - 2.7 → 1.7 - 1.9 seconds
- January 23, 2020
- Trainer Battles
| Inflicts damage on the target.
|| てきポケモンに ダメージをあたえる
| It damages an enemy.
In the anime
In the manga
In the Be the Best! Pokémon B+W manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In other generations
Core series games
Side series games
Spin-off series games
- In Pokémon Stadium 2, Bugsy erroneously refers to this move as "Megaphone" when his Heracross (present only in Round 2) uses it.
- At 120, it has the highest base power of all Bug-type moves, discounting Fury Cutter's variable power, which can reach 160.
- This also means that Megahorn is the only Bug-type move with a base power over 100 under normal conditions.
In other languages