From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Swift Swim (Japanese: すいすい Smooth Swim) is an Ability introduced in Generation III.
During rain, the Speed stat of Pokémon with this Ability is doubled.
Outside of battle
Swift Swim has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Swift Swim
In other games
Whenever the Pokémon uses a special move while it is raining, the move is used twice. No additional PP is used during the second usage. If the Pokémon has a speed bonus, only the first move will gain the benefit of Swift Swim. If the special move is part of a linked move, all moves in the link are performed before they are done the second time.
||Boosts attack frequency if it is raining.
||Raises the number of moves the Pokémon attempts per turn when it is raining.
||てんきが あめだと こうげきかいすうが あがる
||In the Rain weather condition, it can use a move 2 times at once for only 1 PP.*|
When the Pokémon uses a move in the Rain weather condition, it uses it 2 times at once but only consumes PP for 1 use!*
||When the Pokémon uses a move in rain, it uses it 2 times at once but only consumes PP for 1 use!
||When the Pokémon uses a move in Rain or Heavy Rain, it uses the move 2 times at ones, but only consumes PP for 1 use.
In the anime
In the manga
- In volume 25, Yellow's Omastar, Omny, was revealed to have Swift Swim as his Ability.
- In volume 40, Pearl's Buizel, Zeller, was revealed to have Swift Swim as his Ability.
- In volume 42, Silver's Kingdra was revealed to have Swift Swim as her Ability.
- Emerald's Mantine and N's Tympole were revealed to have Swift Swim as their Ability in the PokéSPedia data-book.
- Ruby's Feebas, Feefee, Wallace's Luvdisc, Elizabeth, Crasher Wake's Floatzel, Clay's Palpitoad, Ghetsis's Seismitoad, and Mr. Briney's Huntail were revealed to have Swift Swim as their Ability.
Pokémon Battle Frontier
- Anorith and Armaldo are the only Pokémon with the Ability Swift Swim that are also weak to Water.
- Swift Swim is the most common Ability among all Pokémon, with a total of 45 Pokémon being capable of having it.
In other languages