From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Lillie (Japanese: リーリエ Lilie) is a character introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon. She serves as one of the player character's allies and traveling companions during the course of the game.
In the games
Lillie is first revealed as a mysterious girl who is central to the plot of Pokémon Sun and Moon. She assists, and is shown to live with, Professor Kukui for personal reasons. She dislikes Pokémon battles as she does not like seeing Pokémon get hurt, but loves to read.
Lillie is first seen attempting to flee the Aether Paradise three months prior to the beginning of the player's adventure, during the opening cutscene. Just when she is surrounded, she is Teleported by a mysterious force, later revealed to be the Pokémon hiding in her bag, Cosmog, which she nicknamed Nebby (Japanese: ほしぐもちゃん Hoshigumo-chan). Lillie and Nebby wash up on a beach, where they are found by Professor Burnet, who listens to Lillie's story and agrees to help her learn more about Nebby. She contacts her husband, Professor Kukui, who allows her to stay with him as his assistant.
The player first meets Lillie on the Mahalo Trail, where she watches helplessly as Nebby is being attacked by a group of wild Spearow on an unstable rope bridge. Despite not yet having a Pokémon of their own, the player steps in to protect Nebby, and is in turn assisted and recognized by Tapu Koko. Afterwards, she accompanies the player back to Iki Town, where she watches them receive their starter, and later their Z-Ring. Some time after that, she accompanies the player to Kukui's Lab and later provides them a tour of the Pokémon Center. After assisting the player at the Trainers' School, she visits Hau'oli City. After the player completes their first trial, Nebby escapes from her bag and runs off into Melemele Meadow, so the player must find it and return it back to her. After the player defeats Kahuna Hala, she goes to Akala Island alongside the player and Hau.
Throughout the player's and Hau's journey on Akala Island, Lillie mostly stays at the Tide Song Hotel in Heahea City, apparently to meet somebody there, and also in fear of Team Skull, who she saw lurking around the area. She also tells the player that, in her quest to learn more about Nebby, she would like to visit each of the ruins of Alola where the guardian deities live. She rejoins the player and Hau when Professor Kukui summons them to the Dimensional Research Lab, which conducts research into Pokémon coming from other dimensions and is headed by Professor Burnet. She and the Professor travel to the Ruins of Life to watch Kahuna Olivia and Hau battle; when Hau reminds the player that Faba of the Aether Foundation wants to see them, Lillie becomes nervous and insists on staying to watch the battle. Notably, she does not join the player and Hau in their tour of the Aether Paradise.
The reason for this is revealed much later on, while they are on Ula'ula Island: while staying at the Aether House on Route 15, Lillie and Nebby are kidnapped by Team Skull in an operation led by Plumeria, who implies that Team Skull are not the only ones who steal Pokémon; at this, Lillie goes with them willingly and quietly, while Hau is unable to defeat Plumeria to save her. Upon informing the player about this, Gladion, a Team Skull enforcer that the player and Hau have encountered several times, who has warned them to ensure nothing happens to Nebby, barges in, having overheard the conversation. He takes them to the Aether Paradise, where he claims he is certain Lillie has been brought. After raiding the facility, whose employees have now become hostile to them under the pretext that there are intruders, the player manages to enter the house and office of Lusamine, its president, where they find Lillie trying to reason with her, finding out as well that Lillie is Lusamine's daughter, and that Gladion is her brother, who had also ran away from the Aether Paradise for similar reasons. Lusamine berates both Lillie and Gladion for leaving and stealing from her, after all the love she gave them, and shows no care for either of them.
Information the player finds in the Aether Paradise as well as Lillie and Lusamine's conversation reveal that Nebby was actually a research experiment of the Aether Foundation in its attempt to open more Ultra Wormholes across Alola and harness the power of the Ultra Beasts; knowing that the strain of this would be fatal on Nebby, Lillie had taken it from the Aether Paradise. Lusamine manages to get Nebby back, however, and forces it to open Ultra Wormholes across Alola, one of which she goes through with Guzma, the boss of Team Skull. Nebby is revealed to have evolved into Cosmoem in the process, although none of them are seemingly aware of this.
Determined to save both Nebby and her mother, Lillie joins the player on Poni Island and is given the Moon FluteS or Sun FluteM by Gladion. She undergoes a dramatic change, changing her outfit and becoming much more confident, calling it her "Z-powered form". She accompanies the player throughout the island, witnessing Hapu's appointment as Kahuna by Tapu Fini, retrieving the Sun FluteS or Moon FluteM from Exeggutor Island, going through Vast Poni Canyon, where she attempts her first "trial" by crossing a narrow bridge alone, and finally ascending the Altar of the SunneS or Altar of the MooneM, where they are directed to play the Sun and Moon Flutes together. As they do so, Nebby is drawn from Lillie's bag and evolves into SolgaleoS or LunalaM, which amazes Lillie, who had never read about their relationship to each other before. She requests for its help to save Lusamine in Ultra Space, where she is unfazed by Guzma's claims that Lusamine is beyond reason, and goes to confront her. She finally manages to stand up to her, despite being called ugly for leaving her and befriending the player. After the player defeats Lusamine, who has merged with Nihilego, she attempts to strike Lillie with one of her tentacles, but Lillie cries out to Nebby for help, who manages to separate Lusamine and Nihilego. Before losing consciousness, Lusamine asks Lillie when she started becoming more beautiful.
Upon returning to Alola, Nebby indicates its desire to join and travel with Lillie, who gently refuses as she is not a Pokémon Trainer. She suggests it join the player instead, who is required to catch it to proceed with the storyline. Lillie then leaves to take care of her mother, and until the player becomes Champion she is not seen, as she is busy caring for Lusamine in the Aether Paradise. She does tell Gladion, however, to tell the player that he/she is the "best trainer in the world". During the festivities in Iki Town, Lillie and the player quietly slip away to the Ruins of Conflict to give thanks to Tapu Koko; when they return, she tells the player that Lusamine is getting a bit better, and even wanted to join the party, and that she has been gently helping her understand what she has done. She also stops short of telling the player something seemingly important; this is revealed the next day by Hau, to be her departure for Kanto, where she plans to seek treatment for her mother and become a Trainer in her own right. She gives the player her old Poké Doll and says goodbye to them. She is not seen after this.
After Lillie has left, the player can read her diary in the loft of Professor Kukui's lab, as the lock has been pecked open by Murkrow. In it, Lillie writes that her flight from the Aether Paradise had been planned ahead, with only Wicke aware of it, and that Wicke had told her to look for Professor Burnet. She is seemingly turned off at Professor Kukui's habit of going around half-naked. She also notes that Alola does not have any Gym Leaders or — at that time, toward the start of the player's journey — an Elite Four. Wicke also tells the player, upon their return to the Aether Paradise, that the reason Lillie chose Kanto was to seek Bill, who, like Lusamine, has been combined with a Pokémon before, in the hopes that Lusamine would be healed of the last of Nihilego's poisons.
- Main article: Nebby
This Cosmog, nicknamed Nebby (Japanese: ほしぐもちゃん Hoshigumo-chan) by Lillie, was a research subject of the Aether Foundation. Lillie rescued the Pokémon when she learned that the organization's experiments would eventually kill it, and thanks to its Teleport, was able to flee. Since escaping, Lillie has been taking Nebby to the ruins of the guardian deities of Alola, believing she can learn something about Nebby's true nature. Due to the circumstances, Lillie always keeps Nebby in a bag she carries around with her at all times.
|| Pokémon Sun and Moon
- Hau'oli City Shopping District - Fridays
- "What a beautiful view... I wish I could share it with you."
- "O-oh... Hello."
- Regardless of choice: "Uh-umm... Professor Kukui is helping me take care of my Pokémon, and..."
- "he's waiting for me, so I have to be going. I hope to see you again sometime."
- Iki Town
- "Really? You want to go up to the ruins? I don't know what you hope to find there..."
- Mahalo Trail Plank Bridge
- "You can't come out! We'll get in trouble if anyone sees you."
- What's wrong?: "H-help..."
- Who are you?: "Never mind me... You have to help it! Please!"
- "Save Nebby!"
- "Those Spearow are attacking it! But...but I'm too afraid to go out there... My legs feel like they might give out..."
- "Oh... Oh, thank goodness!"
- "You tried using your power again...didn't you? Oh, Nebby... You know what happened last time you used it. You couldn't move for ages after that. I don't want to see you like that again!"
- "No... I shouldn't say that. I'm sorry, Nebby... I know you were trying to save me that time... And I couldn't even help you in return..."
- "What... What is that?"
- "A sparkling...stone? It feels almost warm somehow..."
- "Please, forgive me... I am so grateful to you for helping us out of that dangerous spot."
- Regardless of choice: "I think this stone must belong to you."
- "Please... Don't tell anyone about this... About seeing Nebby... It's...it's a secret, OK?"
- "Come on. Into the bag, Nebby."
- "I'm worried we might get attacked again by some wild Pokémon or...or something. I know it's too much for me to ask it, but... Do you think you could see us back to town?"
- Iki Town
- "Oh...um...yes! You can call me Lillie."
- "So...you're also one of the professor's acquaintances? It's nice to meet you..."
- "Oh, um... Yes, Kahuna Hala... Nebby was being attacked by Spearow on the Plank Bridge when this boy/girl helped it get away..."
- "But the bridge collapsed, and I thought both of them might fall to the bottom of the ravine... And that was when the island's guardian deity swooped in to save them!"
- "Nice to meet you, <starter Pokémon>!"
- "Oh! When did you get out again? I know that Kahuna Hala and the professor will keep you safe from any harm, but you should still stay in the bag and out of sight. It's safer that way."
- "I think you chose a wonderful Pokémon. Please take very good care of it."
- "If you'd really like to get to know your new friend <starter Pokémon>, you could check out all of its information in your Pokédex."
- "Um... I don't really like to see Pokémon battles where Pokémon can get hurt...but I'll watch for you."
- "Yes... I will keep an eye on..."
- "Oh, you! Would you not try to escape the very moment that you were told not to wander off!"
- On the day of the festival
- "But to what exactly?"
- "So you two will be taking part in the battle? I don't like seeing Pokémon fight one another, since they so often end up getting hurt... But it seems like this is an important event, so I'll be sure to watch you both."
- "Tapu Koko is amazing, isn't it? I hope I can meet it again someday and thank it for saving Nebby..."
- Me, too: "It saved you as well, didn't it? And left you with that sparkling stone... even though you're a stranger to this place."
- Oh yeah?: "You know, <player>... it did save your life, too. And it even gifted you that sparkling stone... even though you're a stranger to this place."
- "Then I suppose this is good-bye..."
- Route 1 Hau'oli Outskirts
- "Oh. Um... The professor said..."
- ""Hey there, Lillie! Bring me that great new Trainer. Woo!""
- "So I'm here to show you the way to his Pokémon lab, if you'll come with me. It's, um... It's this way."
- "M-me? Well, thank you... My name is Lillie. It's very nice to meet you."
- "You...have a very nice mother, don't you? We should get going. I'll show you to the Pokémon Research Lab."
- "Not that way!"
- "You can only reach the professor's lab by treading through the tall grass here. He says he can research moves better when he is so surrounded by Pokémon."
- "Since I'm not a Trainer, though, I have to rely on using Repels all the time. You do know that using Repel keeps Pokémon from attacking, right?"
- "A-and about Nebby... Oh. I mean...Cosmog. Cosmog seems to be a very rare Pokémon. It came from far, far away."
- "It seems to have a very strange power... It used that power to save me once when I was in danger. But some...other people want Cosmog for themselves, to use that power. That's why only the professor and Kahuna Hala and other people I can trust know about it... Can you keep a secret? Can you not tell anyone else about Nebby or what happened on that bridge? Please..."
- "Please don't wander off!"
- "Ahh... There they go again..."
- "The Pokémon Research Lab has its own unique charm, as I think you might agree. I've actually been, um, imposing on the professor here for the past three months. I'm not much of an assistant, but it's the least I can do to pay him back for letting me stay."
- "Maybe I'd be more help if I were a real Pokémon Trainer, too..."
- "The professor... He never stops researching moves. Not even...inside the lab itself."
- "Looks like we'll have to patch the roof again..."
- "And I had just washed his lab coat and finally gotten it clean, too. Now it'll be in shreds... and I'm no good at mending clothes... so he'll just have to buy another new one..."
- "We should probably go in before he does any more damage..."
- "Of course. However I can be a help... I am supposed to be your assistant, right?"
- Regardless of choice: "Oh, I can tell you about Rotom. It is a peculiar Pokémon, with a body made up of something like electricity. It can take up residence in machines."
- "And this will help how exactly?"
- "No, it's not! It's private! The professor has been kind enough to let me use it..."
- "There are four main islands that make up Alola, and a kahuna for each one of them. If you wish to be recognized by the kahunas as worthy, it's said you must clear seven trials."
- "The island challenge... So this is how the people of Alola connect with the world around them."
- "Hold on a moment. Let me show you the Pokémon Center first."
- "If you talk to the woman at the counter, she can restore your Pokémon to perfect health."
- "It's amazing, isn't it? I can't stand seeing Pokémon in pain..."
- "You can also deposit Pokémon in the PC here or take them out."
- "And at the Poké Mart you can buy all kinds of items that should help you during your trials. I'd take a look, if I were you."
- "Over there is the café area."
- "I like to relax there sometimes with a frosty glass of Moomoo Milk."
- "I read something in a travel guide about Alola once... Apparently each Pokémon Center in Alola offers a different selection of drinks. I wonder how they pick what to serve?"
- "The cafés may also offer more than just drinks. I've heard they also sell special treats and that sometimes the staff have tips for trial-goers."
- "We should head to the Trainers' School next. But have your Pokémon taken care of first if you think that they need a little aid."
- "Here we are. You see, the Trainers' School is..."
- "It's a...a... What in the world?!"
- "Well, it looks like we won't be going that way anytime soon, thanks to Tauros there..."
- "But we were only planning to go as far as the Trainers' School anyway."
- "We'll just leave that for someone else to deal with. Come. Follow me."
- "Seeing a Pokémon in pain makes my own heart seem to ache. You can come talk to me anytime that you want your team's health restored. I'm happy to help."
- If talked to again after losing health
- "Let me take care of poor <first Pokémon in party>, OK?"
- "Please try not to push your Pokémon too hard... Um...I mean...if you don't mind..."
- If talked to again after healing
- "You can tell me anytime that you want your team's health restored, and I'll help you. Seeing a Pokémon in pain makes my own heart seem to ache..."
- After battling the four Trainers
- "Oh, that's the school bell."
- "What terrible thing did you do to get called to the office so soon?"
- Nothing!: "That's what you say..."
- Well...: "So you did do something?!"
- "You seemed to be in perfect sync with your <first Pokémon in party>—weren't you? Um... Since we've come this far together, why don't I show you some more of the city? Come on. There's lots to see."
- "<Player>! Over here."
- "You know... I was really impressed seeing how you battled with your Pokémon at the Trainers' School... And even back when you weren't yet a Pokémon Trainer, <player>... you were able to save Nebby... You were chosen by your Pokémon so quickly... I understand why now."
- "Oh! I forgot about Tauros!"
- "Oh, Tauros... Well, at least it's nice that the Pokémon in Alola are so lively and such a part of everyday life."
- "I was thinking I should show <player> around Hau'oli City a bit."
- "All right. Let's all go together."
- "Oh, Hau... I guess we should go catch up with him before he gets too far, <player>. Hau'oli City is the biggest city in all Alola."
- Hau'oli City Shopping District
- "<Player>, Hau... Did you visit the tourist bureau? How was it?"
- "What a wonderful helper you are, Rotom!"
- "Maybe Rotom just wants to flaunt its new camera function and take more photos... Have you thought about trying it out? I think I'll go stop by the apparel shop to do some shopping of my own..."
- "Oh. <Player>... Tell me, do you pick out all your own clothes?"
- Of course I do: "Of course... Most people do, don't they..."
- My mom does it: "Oh, your mother must have a great sense of style then. I love the way that you dress."
- "I...I've always just worn the clothes that my mother wanted me to wear. I don't really know what kind of thing would suit me..."
- "Oh! But that's not why I stopped you. I meant to give you this/these, <player>. I received it/them inside the apparel shop here."
- "I didn't even buy anything, but they said I was the 99,999th customer to visit the store... But I already have the same one/set, so I thought that maybe you might...want it/them?"
- "It looks like we have something in common now, don't we, <player>? Hee..."
- After battling Team Skull Grunts and Ilima
- "Oh! Wait for me, <player>!"
- "Oh, I'm glad to see a familiar face. I always get lost so quickly... I can't figure out the roads here... I can't even buy my own clothes..."
- "But you... You're moving on to your first trial? You're going to Verdant Cavern?"
- "I read something in an old book once. It said that the island challenges were once a journey made to prove yourself and gain the strength to battle against the guardian deities of Alola. Like Tapu Koko... The people in Iki Town said that Tapu Koko loves Pokémon battles, didn't they?"
- "If we could meet Tapu Koko once more, do you think we would find the answer to why it saved you and Nebby that day, <player>?"
- "<Player>... Good luck on your first trial. I will hope that it goes well for you."
- Melemele Meadow
- "Nebby! Nebby, come back!"
- "Ah... <Player>..."
- "Nebby ran off into the meadow here..."
- "And right after it got into so much trouble on the bridge, too... What if a wild Pokémon attacks it? It doesn't have any moves it can use to battle!"
- "Here, <player>. Let me heal your Pokémon for you..."
- "I always carry lots of Potions on me to keep Nebby healthy. That's the best I can do, since I'm not a real Trainer or anything..."
- "Oh, you!"
- "Thank you, <player>."
- "And I should thank <first Pokémon in party>, too. Here, let me at least do this..."
- "You know, I read something interesting in a book once... It seems the Pokémon called Oricorio changes appearance by feeding on the nectar from different types of flowers. It's not actually evolving but undergoing a so-called "form change." Isn't that interesting? I thought it was, anyway..."
- "Back into the bag, please, Nebby. I know there aren't many people around to see you here, but that's hardly an excuse! And I guess we should be going now... The professor will probably be worried after the way we just disappeared on him..."
- Route 3
- "What are you up to, Hau?"
- "What do you mean?"
- Iki Town
- "It's true... I'm not a Trainer, so I'm sure I don't really understand how hard it must have been... but even I think it's a great achievement."
- "Um... I actually wanted to ask a favor of you first, <player>. If that's all right?"
- Regardless of choice: "You see... Nebby is... Its real home is far away from here. And I want to help it get home."
- "It's like I told you before... Nebby saved my life once when I was in trouble. Now I want to save it!"
- "I feel like there's not much I can do on my own, since I'm not a Pokémon Trainer... But if I had a real Trainer like you helping me, <player>, then maybe..."
- "But I probably shouldn't ask a near stranger to help, right? I know it's just my own wish and it has nothing to do with you..."
- Of course I'll help!: "Oh, thank you so much. I'm so glad! I really didn't know what else to do! Then I suppose... The two of us will be heading to the next island as well!"
- Yeah, I don't know...: "I...I understand. Um, but if you ever do learn anything that you think might help Nebby get home... I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me. I'll do my best to look for clues on the next island on my own. And maybe I'll see you there."
- Hau'oli City Marina
- "I quite like that it has a sense of history..."
- If the player selects "No"
- "The next island... It's too far away to see with the naked eye."
- On the boat
- "If we push the boat much harder than this, we may all end up at the bottom of the ocean."
- Heahea City
- "Isn't it a bit late to declare "land ahoy" after you've already arrived onshore?"
- "...Nebby. Back into the bag."
- "Maybe I'll see about some shopping of my own... And I should find out about the ruins for Nebby's sake, too..."
- "Oh! <Player>..."
- You looking for the ruins?: "Yes, this little fellow will hardly sit still... I think Nebby might be interested in visiting the Ruins of Life. Apparently they house the sacred guardian of Akala Island. A creature called Tapu Lele.
- You looking for new clothes?: "Well, yes, I was doing that, too. But this little fellow will hardly sit still... I think Nebby might be interested in visiting the Ruins of Life. Apparently they house the sacred guardian of Akala Island. A creature called Tapu Lele."
- "I wondered if you'd like to come with us when we go to visit the ruins... I mean...little Nebby here seems to like you quite a bit, <player>..."
- "I'll be at Tide Song Hotel if you decide you want to come. I'm supposed to be meeting someone there... Someone very important to me..."
- "I'll be all right. I can see the building from here, after all. Even I shouldn't be able to lose my way. I think."
- "And you! I'll have you stay in your bag, mister."
- "I've heard that there is a group of terrible people around who try to steal Pokémon. A group called Team Skull. We need to be careful if we want to escape the notice of such a collection of villains... Isn't that right, <player>?"
- "Oh! <Player>... I'm sorry... I saw some people who looked like those Team Skull thugs and I got scared. I was trying to avoid them and then I think I ended up missing my meeting... Oh! But don't worry. It's fine. This is actually where I wanted to be... Will you be going for another one of your trials, <player>? From what I've read, I think that the nearest trial site must be the one up Route 4."
- After battling Lana, Kiawe and Mallow
- "Go, Nebby! Use...use Splash!"
- "Heh... I was just acting like I was <player>."
- "You...you always seemed to end up getting hurt, Nebby. So I never really liked Pokémon Trainers or thought that I would want to be one myself. But when I see <player> and Hau... It's like they've thrown open some door that I always thought was closed... They stride straight through it into the future... It seems...so amazing somehow..."
- "Um, oh, <player>. Hello. I feel like it's been a while since we last met. Th-there's a laboratory here that studies the dimensions, did you know? And the professor is waiting to meet you!"
- "How...how were your trials? It must be quite trying to do three in a row."
- It was no problem: "Goodness, really? It wasn't any trouble for you to tackle all three of Akala Island's trials? I suppose that explains it. The reason you look so content and understood by <first Pokémon in party> there, I mean."
- It was really tough: "I would think so... But still! You made it through all three! I think that explains it. The reason you look so content and understood by <first Pokémon in party> there, I mean."
- "You want to know what happened three months ago? Well, I'd wanted to learn more about Nebby... I mean, about Cosmog. So I decided to come speak to Professor Burnet. But I got lost along the way...and ended up wandering about until I collapsed on the shore..."
- "She listened to my story, staying up all night to hear it all. And then she even got her husband, Professor Kukui, to lend me his loft to stay in... And she told him to help me investigate Nebby's origins, too. Professor Burnet has been so kind, and she's still helping me try to find a way to get Nebby back to its own home..."
- "She's been like...like a real mother to me."
- "I still have some things I want to talk to Professor Burnet about, so I'll stay here."
- Ruins of Life
- "I came here for Nebby. Though... as you saw, I didn't come here myself so much as I was brought here with the professor's help..."
- "Oh! Look at poor <first Pokémon in party>. Let me heal it for you, won't you?"
- "Within these ruins waits the guardian deity of Akala Island... This is Tapu Lele's ruin."
- "You! I know you tried to drag me along to the Ruins of Conflict on Melemele Island, too..."
- "Why are these ruins important to you? What do the guardians mean to you?"
- "Just think what would have happened to you if <player> hadn't been there back then..."
- "Oh! Yes, my name is Lillie. I work as Professor Kukui's assistant. And this is <player>."
- If the player selects "Not yet"
- "If it's all right with you, <player>, I think Nebby and I would like to watch, too."
- "You look very pleased, don't you?"
- "Oh. Because of Nebby... It's not originally from here, and I want to help it get back to its home... But I don't have any idea how to do that... It seems fond of the ruins for some reason, so I keep visiting them and hoping that maybe I will find some clue to help it..."
- "Th...the Aether Foundation...?"
- "U-um! I think I'll stay here. I'd like to see how Hau's battle goes, too. Even though I hate to see Pokémon get hurt... But I know that both of your Pokémon are dedicated to battling beside you two."
- Malie City
- "<Player>! It's been a while since I last saw you around. But weren't you supposed to meet with the professor in Malie Garden?"
- "<Player>? Would you mind if I asked you something?"
- Regardless of choice: "Yes. I want to take Nebby to visit Ula'ula's ruins, but they are located deep in a large desert. I don't want to ask that much of you."
- "Right now, I'm planning to visit Malie Library. There's a book that I want to look for there. Maybe you'd even be willing to help me?"
- "I know that Malie Library is here within the city of Malie somewhere... Even I should be able to find it. I can do this!"
- "<Player>... I'm sorry... I ended up getting lost, yet again..."
- "I wandered around completely lost until I ducked into the apparel shop... And then I saw this outfit, and they said it was the last one they had in stock, so I bought it... Even though I don't think I'd ever have the guts to wear an outfit like it... Hah..."
- "But the woman working at the store did tell me where to find the library! So I guess you could say it was all for the best. ...Though the library was actually right past the apparel store, if I'd just kept going."
- "Oh! Hello... My name is Lillie."
- "Oh. I'm actually, um, studying the tapu's ruins. For...various reasons of my own."
- "Thank you for your offer."
- "Shall we check out Malie Library first though, since we're here?"
- "The book that I'm looking for is a very old one. It's a book that contains old myths and legends that Professor Burnet told me about... Those tales seem to suggest that Alola's Legendary Pokémon came from another world."
- "It must be a very valuable book, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to take it out of the library..."
- "O-oh. Of course..."
- "Well... It's titled The Light of Alola. I'll just...um...read it aloud, shall I?"
- "What? I mean, yes, it is. But when you say your father... Isn't this book...very old?"
- "Well...that would be wonderful! I would be delighted, if you did."
- "I think I'll stay here... But I know why you've come to Ula'ula. You'll be undergoing another trial, won't you, <player>? Good luck with it. I read that Ula'ula Island's Electric-type trial can only be reached by the bus on Route 10."
- "Oh! <Player>! I didn't forget... You're here to clear the Ula'ula trials, right? Good luck!"
- Malie Garden
- "I'm right here."
- "You and the professor fought those horrible Team Skull thugs, <player>? Just thinking about it makes me worry... They sound like a scary group..."
- "<Player>... Be sure you're not pushing yourself too hard."
- Route 15
- "What do you think you're doing?! Stop it! Stop it right now!"
- "Phew... Thank you, <player>..."
- "I just wanted to go for a stroll on my own, to see what it must feel like to be a Trainer... So Hapu and I went our separate ways... but then Nebby tried to get out of my bag..."
- "Didn't you! Go on, you little troublemaker... You'd better thank <player>, too!"
- "Oh, and...um. When I was out shopping, I kept thinking about how I wanted to be some help to you during your island challenge...and then I saw these."
- "I bought them without even thinking!"
- "Oh, Acerola... Thank you! I think I might take you up on that."
- "<Player>! Do your best to become a real champion!"
- Aether House
- "Pokémon being abducted like that... Maybe even hurt... I just can't stand the idea! <Player>! Please...help them!"
- "You people..."
- "That was different... Nebby and I were both in trouble... That was the only reason why it used its power. So we both could escape with our lives..."
- "I know that I'm not capable of much myself, but I will not make it use that power again! I'm determined to not let that happen. That's why... this time I'll do whatever I can on my own even if I do find myself in trouble again."
- "Please... there is no need to hurt anyone else here. I will go with you willingly. Wherever you want."
- Aether Paradise
- "Y...you came? You actually came to help me, <player>? Thank you... Thank you!"
- "I don't need your approval, Mother! Or your permission! I will save Cosmog!"
- "I'm not being foolish or selfish... I am asking you to listen, Mother! Do not sacrifice Cosmog for that beast's sake!"
- "If you open the Ultra Wormhole, Cosmog will... Cosmog will die!"
- "<Player>... I really am happy that you came after me... but...but...I have to be selfish again... I have to ask you one more time... Please..."
- "Help me! Help Nebby! We have to save Nebby!"
- "Wh-what is this place...?"
- "Please... Stop... If Nebby isn't— If you make it use up too much of its power... you don't understand what will happen!"
- "Like when we ran away from the Paradise... it couldn't even move for ages after that..."
- "If you use too much of its power, it will die!"
- "<Player>! We have to get Nebby back!"
- "Nebby... are you...all right?"
- "It changed forms... and it's not moving..."
- "I have to thank you both... Both you, <player>, and you, Hau..."
- "I think...I'll sleep here. In the bed that I once shared with my mother when I was small... Just one last time..."
- "I picked these clothes up in Malie... Do you think they suit me?"
- Sure do: "Oh, <player>... Thank you!"
- I don't know...: "Oh, <player>! I'm really trying hard here, you know!"
- "I feel like there's so much I have to do now... to save Nebby... to save my mother..."
- "I...I want to be like you, <player>. I want to be strong enough to face any trial."
- "That's why I'm going to try my hardest! This is my Z-Powered form!"
- "But...what are you going to do, Gladion?"
- "Yes, it's me! Now I'm ready to use my full force, too!"
- "I was really glad that you came, too, Hau."
- "Come on, <player>! Let's show the world what we can really do!"
- "Let's go, <player>! No holding back!"
- Seafolk Village
- "Gladion... thank you for this."
- "But...but when you took Null and left Aether Paradise two years ago... you left me alone with Mother! She was so bad after you left! If I hadn't had Wicke with me..."
- "<Player>. I'm OK. You don't have to worry. I know what I have to do now."
- "And... I don't know. Maybe it sounds strange, but... I'm kind of excited."
- "Oh my goodness!"
- "I-I'm sorry. Who are you?"
- "We're here to visit the kahuna."
- "Oh! So Hapu lives here on Poni Island? Thank you very much, Chief!"
- "Let's go, <player>! It will be good to see Hapu and Mudsdale again!"
- Poni Wilds
- "I'll do my best to keep up, <player>."
- "I'll be fine! I've got Max Repels with me. And I've got you, too..."
- "Poni Island... It's a completely different kind of island, isn't it?"
- Ancient Poni Path
- "It's good to see you again, too, Mudsdale! You look to be in fine form."
- "Wow... Pokémon Trainers really do amaze me. It seems like a hard path to walk, and even so, you don't let yourself be held back by the fear of seeing your Pokémon friends get hurt... You just keep striving forward together..."
- "Yes. It's good to see you, Hapu!"
- "Thank you, Hapu. I've finally discovered what I need to do. So this is my Z-Powered form!"
- "Um, so, Hapu...do you know where we can find the kahuna?"
- "Now what do we do, <player>...?"
- "<Player>... we just have to keep going, right! But then again...you are a Trainer, aren't you? I suppose you always keep moving forward!"
- "I-I'm sorry. I don't think we've been introduced..."
- "Thank you very much, ma'am! You have been a great help!"
- "The Ruins of Hope... that is where the guardian of Poni Island will be. That is where Tapu Fini lives. Let's go!"
- Ruins of Hope
- "The Ruins of Hope... What is this place...? The air feels so oppressive..."
- "But...but if we go in there... maybe Nebby will return to normal!"
- "The people believe that the guardian deity of these ruins, Tapu Fini, can wash away any impurities with its mystic water..."
- That sounds promising: "That's right it does, <player>! I'm going to give it my all so that we can return Nebby back to normal!"
- You think that'll work?: "Oh, honestly, <player>! I'm going to make sure that Nebby gets right back to normal, just to show you!"
- "So just you wait, Nebby! This time I'm going to be the one who saves you!"
- "Come on, <player>! Let's go!"
- "If we're going to break a path, we'll need to move these huge rocks! That's what Hapu's grandmother said, isn't it?"
- "I don't think I can do this... I-it's heavier than words can even express..."
- "We'll have to borrow Machamp's formidable strength for this task. I read about it once in a book. If I remember right, it said... "When getting a ride from a powerful Machamp, Trainers can activate Machamp's Shove by standing before a rock and pressing Ⓑ!" And if we find ourselves getting frustrated, we should probably remember to step outside again for a bit of perspective."
- "When Hapu spoke of an "odd little thing" from the sky...do you think she meant a beast? What do you think Hapu brought us here for? So many of the things that Trainers do are still a mystery to me..."
- "I've read about them, you know... Alola's sacred ruins...and the guardian deities worshipped within them. They go wherever they want, so it's not easy to meet them...according to the books I've read. But if they are summoned here at the ruins, they do sometimes appear."
- "The books say that they are, well, capricious. Encounters with them do not always end as you hope they will. Maybe that explains why... even coming here to these ruins hasn't evoked any response from Nebby..."
- "Oh! There's Hapu!"
- "O-oh! Of course! Then please, Kahuna Hapu! Tell me about the Legendary Pokémon!"
- "My mother disappeared into the beast's world... I know that she was a terrible person, but she is still my mother. I need to see her again, to tell her something."
- "That's why I want to ask the Legendary Pokémon for its help... The Legendary Pokémon is the only one who can go back and forth between worlds!"
- "Oh, thank you, Hapu!"
- "This is the MoonS/Sun FluteM. It seems that my mother had it..."
- "Exeggutor Island... I think I've read about it before. It's an uninhabited island off the coast of Poni, isn't that right?"
- Seafolk Village
- "Thank you, Hapu! And thank you, Mudsdale!"
- "F-friends...? An amazing Trainer like Hapu considers me... a friend?"
- "Thank you, Hapu! I will not give up, no matter what!"
- "Yes! And Hapu was made the new kahuna!"
- "Yes. Hapu will do her best for her late grandfather... as I must do my best for my mother's sake. And for Nebby, as well. A-and so! There's a place that we need to go."
- Exeggutor Island
- "Let's go find that flute! Right? Trainers really can go anywhere as long as they have their Pokémon, can't they? I think I'm beginning to understand the appeal."
- "I feel like Trainers can open up the door to any future as long as they have their Pokémon. That's what it looks like to me when I see you, <player>. And Hapu and Hau, too!"
- "Ahhh! What is that, <player>?!"
- "Phew... That was an Exeggutor, wasn't it? I think that the good weather in Alola has let it grow a bit more vigorously than I'd prefer!"
- "Oh! It's started to rain..."
- "Rain in Alola, huh... My skirt got a bit wet..."
- "Looking out at the rain like this... reminds me of this one time when I was little."
- "I'd seen it in a movie... this man singing and dancing in the rain. It captivated me so much that I had to try it for myself. My mother spotted me out in the rain, and she was so shocked that she ran right out after me without even bothering to get an umbrella..."
- "And then...she smiled... and she danced with me in the rain. Of course we both ended up catching cold. She let me sleep in her big bed with her. I was so happy that I kept waking her again and again, just to be sure it wasn't a dream..."
- "But... then she changed. And all she would think about was the Ultra Beasts. And Null and Nebby... They both ended up suffering so much... and I couldn't do anything..."
- "But you know what, <player>? Whenever I feel like there's nothing I can do, you seem to show up and...you do something. Every time, you've shown me that it's possible... to do something."
- "Even the first time we met... Nebby was being attacked, and all I could do was look on in horror..."
- "And at Aether Paradise... all I could do was wait for you and the others to save me..."
- "Whenever I'm in any sort of trouble, you're always there..."
- "Um... <Player>? What are you going to do...once you finish your island challenge?"
- Fill my Pokédex/Get stronger: "It must be nice, knowing what you want to do. I really admire that."
- I don't know: "Oh, thank goodness... It's such a relief to know that even someone like you feels unsure at times, <player>!"
- "I think...I'd like to become a Trainer, too. And travel together with you, <player>.../I want to become a Trainer, and learn all the things you know, <player>..."
- "... ... ... ... ... ..."
- "Maybe there really are good omens sometimes, wouldn't you say?"
- "Now we have both the Sun Flute and the Moon Flute!"
- "I don't know if it will really summon the Legendary Pokémon, but we can at least try! If nothing else, we'll have sounded the flutes in offering like people used to do. So thank you for coming this far with me, <player>!"
- "Let's go meet the chief of the seafolk and get back to Poni Island!"
- Ancient Poni Path
- "You're from Team Skull. What is it that you want from us?"
- "The president... My mother is— She's selfish. She lavishes her love only on those she deems worthy, not caring whether it is wanted or not."
- "But I will save her. I still have something I need to tell her. And I think I can save Guzma as well."
- "I suppose even Team Skull is not all bad... Thanks for helping me again, <player>. And here, let me thank your team, too!"
- "All right, <player>! Let's go to the altar! The Vast Poni Canyon lies ahead of us!"
- Vast Poni Canyon
- "Yes, it did!"
- "Though <player> had to help me out of all sorts of trouble, like usual."
- "Thank you, Hapu. I'll do my best!"
- "The vast canyon... I wonder what we will find ahead."
- "And what a mysterious statue... Do you think it means something?"
- "Oh, yes! <Player>! Here, take this."
- "It's a Max Revive I found in Aether Paradise."
- "When I— Once I am ready, I am going to come after you, <player>. I am going to catch up to you. And when I do, I'm going to become strong enough to save my mother and Nebby, too!"
- "Oh, yes... But let me first make sure that <Pokémon> is all ready for battle!/Oh, yes... But let me first make sure that <first Pokémon in party> and the rest of your team are ready for battle!"
- "Being together with your favorite Pokémon is even better when they're all feeling their best!"
- "Phew... This canyon truly is a difficult path to walk. And you even make the Vast Poni Canyon seem like nothing at all, <player>!"
- "But you know what? I've overcome my fears enough to cross even a high bridge like this one!"
- "I am not going to be afraid of heights anymore. Next time I should even be able to tackle that bridge on Mahalo Trail!"
- "Watch this! This is my trial!"
- "<Player>! I did it! I made it all the way across! I've cleared my trial!"
- "I completed my first trial! Amazing, right, <player>?"
- Yeah!: "Hee hee!"
- It was all right: "Oh, you spoilsport!"
- "<first Pokémon in party>, do you want a rest, too?"
- "Don't worry. I've got you covered! I have Hyper Potions and Revives and even lots of Ethers, too. Though I'm not sure I brought enough Max Repels for a path like this one..."
- "But it's really thanks to you, <player>... You're the reason why I've come so far! Still...I think I'll take a little rest here. I'm afraid my legs are still shaking!"
- "Hah... Haaah... Sorry... I'm not...very good...at running..."
- "It looks like we're nearly to the altar now, aren't we, <player>... Let me take care of <first Pokémon in party> for you."
- "When your Pokémon are full of energy, then a Trainer can go anywhere in the world... Doesn't it seem that way?"
- "I'm just...going to rest a moment. Phew. Looks like I still have enough Max Repels."
- Altar of the SunneS/Altar of the MooneM
- "You've cleared all seven trials of Alola's island challenge now! That's wonderful! You've pushed yourself beyond your limits and really become a great Trainer, haven't you? And he/she could never have done it without you, <first Pokémon in party>! Let me heal you up real quick!"
- "The Sun Flute...and the Moon Flute. If we sound both together..."
- "Let's go, <player>!"
- "I can feel the strong power of the sunS/moonM..."
- "Nebby... I'm going to make my mother wake up and see reason before I send you back to your old world! I'm going to make her hear me... I'm going to tell her how I feel! Even if I'm not a Trainer, I can still do that much!"
- "The MoonS/SunM Flute... It feels like it was made to fit my hand. I think I can play it..."
- "<Player>, you should stand over there."
- If the time is 6:00 PM - 5:59 AM: "I think we should wait until the sun has risen."S
- If the time is 6:00 AM - 5:59 PM: "I think we should wait until the moon has risen."M
- "Nebby... th-thank goodness...you're all right... Please don't ever do that again! You made me worry so much!"
- "And I never imagined that sounding the flutes would give you so much power... or let you evolve into the Legendary Pokémon!"
- "Not in all of my reading... Never did I ever come across any hint that you would evolve into the Legendary Pokémon..."
- "Please, SolgaleoS/LunalaM..."
- "No... Nebby. Please. I need to see my mother!"
- Ultra Space
- "How...surprising. It's more beautiful than I would have expected... but the air is so thick here... It...almost hurts to breathe..."
- You're right...: "Do you think the Ultra Beasts really are Pokémon? I don't know what to call them anymore..."
- Are you scared?: "I'm not sure... Nebby evolved, and I'm in a different world, and there's just too much that has happened..."
- "We should go..."
- "What is it?"
- "Are you telling us that you have to stay there?"
- "I'm...I'm so grateful to you for bringing me here, Nebby. Thank you! I guess I have to go the rest of the way myself."
- "That doesn't change anything. I still have to go!"
- "Think about what you are saying! What about Mr. Guzma? Don't you care what happens to him?"
- "You always do that... It's just like it was back at Aether Paradise... Only thinking of yourself and what you want..."
- "I am the one who is sick of you, Mother!"
- "Children... Children are not just THINGS that belong to their parents! Pokémon are not just THINGS that a Trainer can do whatever they want to!"
- "I am alive!"
- "Cosmog is alive!"
- "We are not things for you to collect!"
- "We're not made for you to just discard when you get bored with us!"
- "That is terrible, Mother! You are terrible!"
- "H-help us! Please, SolgaleoS/LunalaM!"
- "There are so many Nihilego!!!"
- Altar of the SunneS/Altar of the MooneM
- "Is my mother...?"
- "Th-thank you...Hapu..."
- "SolgaleoS/LunalaM... all I ever wanted to do was to help you get back to your own home... But instead you helped me, over and over..."
- "Thank you... Thank you so much!"
- "What is it?"
- "Shall I guess what it is you're trying to tell us?"
- "You... you want to keep on traveling together with <player> and me...is that it?"
- "Looks like I was right! Of course I was... After all...we've been together so long. We're family now, aren't we? Of course I can tell how you feel!"
- "Because I feel the same! We met so many people as we traveled around all of Alola's islands: Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet... Kahuna Hala and his grandson Hau... and of course the hero who appeared to save you when those Spearow attacked— our own <player>. And so many other people, too..."
- "I don't know what the world you came from is like, but Alola is pretty great, too! Of course you want to see it all! It's just like Kahuna Hala told us... You can go so many places and meet so many Pokémon and people, and they will enrich your life!"
- "But not with me... I'm not a Trainer, Nebby. I can't take you on the adventures you want. I can't give you the fierce battles you want."
- "<Player>... I want you to face Nebby as only a Trainer can. And I want you to give it a ball to call home."
- "I know this is what Nebby wants... It doesn't want this journey with you to end. And I want you to grant it this wish!"
- If the player does not have any Poké Balls: "Here, <player>. Use this. I bought myself some Poké Balls just in case... in case any Trainers needed any..."
- "SolgaleoS/LunalaM... No... Nebby. Nebby, you belong with <player> now. He/She will be the one to raise you. Just like any parent should raise their child. He/She will be your father/mother now."
- "I may not have been able to do anything for you, Nebby...but I'm still glad I took you that day. So go with <player> and see the world! Have battles against strong Pokémon where you can use your full power. Meet other Trainers who will make your heart dance with the thrill of it all... That's the kind of world that <player> can share with you!"
- "If it's you, <player>... I know I can trust you to raise my Nebby well. Take good care of it!"
- "And I...will go to my mother. I need to see for myself that she'll be all right."
- "Nebby! Don't always be trying to get out of your Poké Ball the way you always wriggled out of my Bag!"
- "And...and don't forget that you're strong now. You'll have to be careful not to accidentally hurt anyone until you get used to your strength!"
- "And...and you can't just go running off to some other world anytime without telling anyone! You'll make <player> worry!"
- "OK... I'm really... I'm really going this time."
- Iki Town
- "<Player>... Congratulations on becoming the Champion!"
- "It's amazing, isn't it? All these people are here just to help you celebrate this achievement, <player>..."
- "Everyone looks so happy... The adults, the children...even the Pokémon!"
- "It...it hasn't all been easy... but I'm really glad that I came to Alola!"
- "Getting to meet you, <player>... No... it wasn't just meeting you. It was traveling together with you. I'm so glad I got to be a part of that journey!"
- "Hey, <player>... It looks like the party is going to keep on going strong for some time still, wouldn't you say? Do you think...maybe...we could sneak out for a second and visit the Ruins of Conflict? I heard from Kahuna Hala that the bridge has been fixed."
- Sure!: "I think Tapu Koko must be waiting... I'm sure it's waiting for you to come to it, <player>... now that you finished your island challenge."
- What about the festival?: "Really, <player>! We should go and tell Tapu Koko properly... how you finished your island challenge!"
- Mahalo Trail Plank Bridge
- "Now this really takes me back... Back then I could barely think about anything. I was so desperate..."
- "But thinking back on it now... it really was SolgaleoS/LunalaM... I mean it was Nebby who brought the two of us together, wasn't it, <player>?"
- "Come on! Let's go!"
- Ruins of Conflict
- "The Ruins of Conflict..."
- "I still wonder why it is that Tapu Koko helped us that day... Was it because of some connection to SolgaleoS/LunalaM... the Legendary Pokémon of the Alola region?"
- "This reminds me of when Hapu became the kahuna of Poni Island..."
- "My heart is pounding in my chest... Is it because of the sacred guardian? Is Tapu Koko here with us?"
- "Great Tapu Koko... it was because of your help that Cosmog lived and was able to become SolgaleoS/LunalaM. Please allow me to thank you on its behalf. Thank you so very, very much!"
- "It's your turn next, <player>. I want to see you show your appreciation in the way that only Alola's Champion could! I know you can do this, <player>. I'll make sure your team is ready, too."
- "Tapu Koko... It may have lost that battle to you, but I don't think it was sad about that. I'm sure that the two of you will meet in battle again someday!/The great Tapu Koko... It really is fantastically strong, isn't it! No wonder it is the guardian of all Melemele!/Tapu Koko... I know it will aspire to ever greater heights at your side from now on, <player>!/So you'll challenge Tapu Koko another day... I suppose Trainers must know how to judge the strength of their opponents and must also understand their own limits."
- "But I'm so glad we could come here. It had been weighing on my heart..."
- "Come on, <player>. We should get back to the village. If we don't return soon, everyone will realize that we slipped away from the festival!"
- Iki Town
- "Everyone looks like they are having so much fun that I don't think they even noticed we left... Oh! And the Battle Royals are about to begin!"
- "It's a beautiful festival, isn't it... Everyone looks so happy."
- "I hope that you'll always stay just the way you are now, <player>... Look how your joy has brought so much light to everyone here..."
- "I think even my mother would have smiled and laughed to see this...if she could have come..."
- "I think...my mother is getting a bit better. She even tried to come tonight..."
- "I've been trying to help her understand what she did wrong. Gently, of course. But she needed someone to scold her."
- "But in the process I think I've discovered what I have to do next. What it is that I can do."
- "<Player>... I...I am going to—"
- "And so <player>'s island challenge came to an end. The festival to celebrate the birth of Alola's first Champion lasted until late into the night... It was so much fun... I'm so glad I got to meet you all... These times in Alola... will always be my most precious memories..."
- Hau'oli City Marina
- "Hau... I'm sorry... But I've decided. I have to go to Kanto. To help my mother get better... but more than that...to help myself get stronger."
- "Of course I'm sad to leave Alola..."
- "but...the thought of going to Kanto also fills my heart with excitement!"
- "I'm going to become a real Trainer and meet all kinds of wonderful Pokémon... I'm going to travel all around Kanto, just like we did here on Alola for your island challenges!"
- "And no matter what happens on my journey... I'm going to be OK."
- "Because of the smiles that you shared with me. You and <player> and everyone here... thank you all so much!"
- "And that's why someday... someday I'll come back to Alola again!"
- "I will, Hau. And please...take this."
- "<Player>... it may look a little worn, but...that is because this was my most treasured belonging once."
- "Then I suppose...this is good-bye."
- End Credits
- "Everyone's smiles shine so brightly. Those smiles led us to so many other people. And those meetings will lead us to a bright future."
- "I'm so glad I got to meet everyone. I'm so glad I got to meet you."
In the anime
- Main article: Lillie (anime)
Lillie first appeared in Alola to New Adventure!. She is a student at the Pokémon School of Melemele Island and one of Ash's classmates. She loves studying Pokémon and has a great deal of knowledge about the species native to the Alola region, but is hesitant and afraid to touch them.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Lillie in Pokémon Adventures
Lillie debuts in PASM04. She is first seen as a participant in a tournament taking place in a festival held in Iki Town. Before the tournament officially starts, Moon and Olivia travel to the tent Lillie stays in to place in her in the tournament, but it is interrupted when Nebby breaks out of Lillie's bag and runs away. The three travel to Mahalo Trail, where they find Nebby being harassed by a group of wild Spearow.
With Lillie too scared to save Nebby, Moon steps in to help instead. As she defends Nebby from the Spearow, Nebby uses its power to create a large explosion, destroying the bridge they were standing on. Moon is saved from falling into the water by Tapu Koko and is placed back onto the ground. Lillie reveals that she was entered in the tournament as a mistake due to Nebby trying to escape from her bag at the wrong moment. Olivia offers to have Lillie withdrawn from the tournament, but Moon decides to take Lillie's place instead.
Afterward, Lillie goes to Professor Kukui's house, where she meets with Professor Burnet. They watch the festival on the television, but Lillie ends up falling asleep during the second battle and begins dreaming about her mother and brother.
- Main article: Nebby
Nebby (Japanese: ほしぐもちゃん Hoshigumo-chan) is Lillie's only known Pokémon. It was first seen escaping from Lillie's bag and running off to Mahalo Trail, where it was attacked by wild Spearow. When Moon stepped in to save it, Nebby broke the bridge they were standing on, causing both to fall towards the water until they were saved by Tapu Koko.
In the TCG
- Main article: Lillie (Sun & Moon 122)
Lillie was introduced as a Supporter card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game during the English Sun & Moon Series (the Japanese Sun & Moon Era). It was first released in the Collection Moon before debuting in English in the Sun & Moon expansion, with an illustration based on the Ken Sugimori artwork of the character. It was also released as a Full Art card in both expansions, with an illustration by Megumi Mizutani. Lillie allows the player to draw cards until they have 6 cards in their hand. If it is their first turn, they may draw cards until they have 8 cards in their hand.
- Lillie shares several similarities with N. Both are characters who initially dislike Pokémon battles (but warm up to them later on), are met by the player throughout their journey, have a special connection to the game's Legendary mascot Pokémon, and are the children of the game's primary antagonist. They also both leave for a distant land at the end of the games they first appear in for personal purposes.
|| リーリエ Lilie
|| From Lilie, German for lily
| English, Dutch,
|| From her Japanese name
|| From her Japanese name
|| From her Japanese name
| Italian, Spanish
|| Similar to her Japanese name
|| 릴리에 Rillie
|| Transliteration of Japanese name
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 莉莉艾 Lìlì'ài
|| Transliteration of Japanese name
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 莉莉艾 Leihleihngaaih
|| Mandarin-based transliteration of her Japanese name
| Brazilian Portuguese
|| Similar to her Japanese name
|| Лилли Lilli*
| Transcription of English name|
From English name
|| ลิเลีย Lillie
|| Transliteration of Japanese name