From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Celio (Japanese: ニシキ Nishiki) is a Pokémon Storage System programmer in the Sevii Islands and good friend of Bill.
In the games
Celio runs the Pokémon Network Center on One Island in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. He needs the player's help to finish the incomplete Pokémon Network machine. This machine is capable of transferring Pokémon between Kanto and Hoenn. Communication with Hoenn will not function until the Ruby and Sapphire have been collected by the player. To assist with this quest, Celio will give the Rainbow Pass and upgrade the Town Map so it shows the locations of the final four Sevii Islands. If the map had not previously been obtained, he will give the map for Kanto as well. According to Bill via the Fame Checker, Celio was praising the work that the player had done for him.
- Pokémon Network Center
- Upon the player's arrival
- "Bill! I can't believe you came out here."
- "That's really impressive. I hate to say it, but I have zero aptitude for battling. Anyways, I'm glad to meet you."
- "It's running fine, but we're too remote out here. The PCs on this island just can't link with your PC, Bill."
- "<Player>, if you are going to Two Island, please take this."
- "It's a Pass for the ferry service serving the local islands. It will let you travel between the Islands One, Two and Three. Oh, your should have this, too."
- "I'm sorry for taking up so much of Bill's time. I'm also sorry for being such a poor host on your visit here."
- "The job went incredibly quick. Bill is one amazing guy..."
- "Oh, really? Ehehe..."
- "<Player>, I'm really sorry that we sent you off alone today. I promise, I will show you around these islands sometime."
- If the player returns before obtaining National Pokédex
- "Hello! You look awfully busy as always. How am I doing? Well, I'm modifying my Network Machine. When I get done with the machine, I hope you'll be first to use it, <player>."
- After obtaining National Pokédex
- "<Player>, how have things been for you? Oh, is that right? You've caught more Pokémon. Do you know what? Maybe I can be useful to you. I'm modifying the Network Machine right now. I'm changing it so it can handle trades over long distances. When I get finished, you'll be trading for exotic Pokémon from Trainers far away. But, there is a slight catch. For the link to work, the Machine needs a special gemstone. It's supposed to be on One Island, but I haven't found one yet. Who knows where it could be."
- If talked to again before delivering the Ruby
- "I was trying to find the gem even while I was studying. As a result, I've made no headway in both my search and studies... If I relied on Bill, I'm sure my research would progress. But this time, I want to try to do things by myself."
- After delivering the Ruby
- "Oh! Th-that's..."
- "Thank you! <Player>, you're simply amazing. ... ... ... ... Um... May I ask one more giant favor of you?"
- No: "It... It's not anything weird. Please, I need your help."
- Yes: "While I was studying gemstones, I discovered something important. There is another gem that forms a pair with this Ruby. That other gemstone is supposed to be in the Sevii Islands. <Player>, please, I need you to go find the other gem. <Player>, may I have your ferry Pass and the Town Map?"
- "This is my own ferry Pass. It will let you get to all the Sevii Islands. <Player>, please, I can't do it without your help."
- After delivering the Sapphire
- "So this is the gem that forms a pair with the Ruby... <Player>, you've gone through a lot to get this, didn't you? You don't have to tell me. I know it wasn't easy. Thank you so much! Now it's my turn to work for you! Please give me a little time."
- "Okay, this is good..."
- "I did it! I linked up with Lanette! <Player>... <Player>, I did it! I've managed to link up with Trainers in the Hoenn region! Finally, the Network Machine is fully operational! <Player>, I owe it all to you! Thanks to you, my dream came true..."
- "I... I'm not crying. That's enough about me! <Player>, you're going to keep looking for exotic Pokémon, right? I wish you the best of luck!"
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
In the FireRed & LeafGreen chapter of the Pokémon Adventures manga, Red, Blue, and Bill visit Celio on One Island and leave an unconscious Green in his care after she was attacked by Deoxys. He later helped her escape, after she regained consciousness, by wrestling away the angry mob trying to capture her. Later, in Double Down Deoxys, Celio aids Bill in removing the Ruby and Sapphire gems placed on an amplifier which allows Deoxys to assume its Normal and Speed Formes.
Celio made a cameo appearance in Epilogue on the Seagallop Ferry, heading for the Battle Frontier.
In the TCG
The following are cards mentioning or featuring Celio or his services in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
|| ニシキ Nishiki
|| From 錦木 Nishikigi (winged spindle) and possibly 二色空木 Nishiki-Utsugi (Weigela decora (Nakai)).
| English, German,
|| Possibly from Celastraceae and the acronym for the Corps of Engineers Library Information Online.
|| A play on Bill's French name, Léo. Also similar to his English name.
|| 서유석 Seo Yuseok
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 錦輝 Jǐnhuī *
瑟利歐 Sèlì'ōu *
阿锦 Ā Jǐn *
| From the name 錦 Nishiki and Bill's Chinese name, 正辉 Zhènghuī.|
Transliteration of English name.
From 錦 Nishiki.
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 錦輝 Gámfāi
|| From the name 錦 Nishiki and Bill's Chinese name, 正辉 Jingfāi
|| Transliteration of his Japanese name