From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
This article is missing information on this character's Japanese voice actor.
You can help by adding this information.
Peonia (Japanese: シャクヤ Shakuya), commonly referred to as Nia by her father Peony, is a character in The Crown Tundra in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
In the games
Peonia can occasionally appear as a partner to assist the player in Max Raid Battles in the Crown Tundra. If encountered in Dynamax Adventures, she will use a rental Pokémon.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
- Slippery Slope
- "Come on, Dad! Lay off and quit following me already!"
- "I'm gonna go on a Dynamax Adventure in the Max Lair and I don't need you breathing down my neck! I'm here to battle loads and loads of rare Dynamax Pokémon!"
- "What a generous and totally unwanted offer! 'Fraid I've got to say "no, thanks"!"
- "Gah! I'll take a hard pass on that, thanks..."
- "Excuse me! Hello? Yes, you--the boy/girl over there! My dad is stubborn as steel, and he won't leave me alone! Back me up, would you?"
- Yes: "Brilliant! Have a great time with this geezer, then!"
- Max Lair
- "Hang on--I recognize you! Are you here for a Dynamax Adventure, too? Wicked! Guess we're on the same wavelength! I'm Peonia. Nice to properly meet you! What about you? What's your name?"
- I'm <player>!: "Wow, what a perfect name for you! It really suits you!"
- "So is my dad on his way here, too? I haven't seen him... Has he got turned around and wound up back at the entrance? Listen--sorry for using you to distract my old man back there. He's as stubborn as a Mudbray! Things go all right after I left? What? You beat my old man?! You sure pulled a blinder there! He used to be a Gym Leader, you know. Even on holiday, he's no pushover! Y'know, my dad was going mad with excitement for this trip. He kept going on about how he'd planned for us to check out local legends on this super-intense adventure tour-"Adven-tour" as he calls it... But I mean, come on! What girl my age would be caught dead doing some naff thing like that with her dad? Besides, I really fancy having more battles with Dynamax Pokémon! Ahhh, the thrill of battling one of those massive, towering Pokémon... Just thinking about it gets me pumped! Hee hee! You know what? I've just had a thought! You're a pretty fierce Trainer, right? Then I bet you could handle takin' my place on my old man's Adven-tour!"
- Sounds like great fun!: "Too right it does! It's a brilliant idea, If I do say so myself! He's so hyped up about all this. It'd be a shame to just leave him on his own. And who knows? You could end up running into a Legendary Pokémon! How about I meet back up with you two after I've had my own fun in the Max Lair? Go on, then. Enjoy your twosome tour of legends! Tell my old man the deal and all that!"
- "Ugh. Daaad! People can hear you all the way outside, you know!"
- "Huh! This place isn't bad! So this is where you're staying? Oh hey, <player>! Fancy meetin' you outside the Max Lair for once!"
- Yeah, it's been a while!: "Hehe! You're really on my wavelength. So you actually kept my old man company! Cheers, I owe you one! I've had my fill of Dynamax Adventures now... So I thought I may as well try one of those what-d'you-call-'em tours my old man was going on about."
- "Huh? What? Why'd everyone suddenly go quiet?"
- "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait one second! You'll "come up with" legends? Also, that's way too close! I need some personal space here!"
- "What in the world?! Are you trying to turn me into a disco ball or something? Why have I got to wear this golden one when yours is normal?"
- "Ugh! It's things like this! I've changed my mind! Here--you can have this!"
- "I'm heading back to my own adventure! Time to catch some more Dynamax Pokémon!"
- Max Lair
- "Oh, hey, <player>. You all right? Me, I'm carrying on like usual, I suppose. Why d'you think so many Legendary Pokémon hang around in the Max Lair anyway?"
- "Oh, hey, <player>. You all right? Me, I'm carrying on like usual, I suppose. The trick to having a good Dynamax Adventure? Well, I guess you ought to keep a close eye on how the Pokémon inside handle different types!"
- "Oh, hey, <player>. You all right? Me, I'm carrying on like usual, I suppose. Hey, have you heard the rumors about this long-haired woman? Apparently, night after night, she visits a grave in the tundra, always looking for something..."
In the anime
In Pokémon: Twilight Wings
Peonia appeared in The Gathering of Stars where she was seen walking off in a train headed for the Crown Tundra, asking her father Peony to stop chasing after her.
- Peonia's earrings resemble a female Pikachu's tail.
- Despite only appearing as a Max Raid Battle partner, Peonia has battle introduction animations within The Crown Tundra's data.
|| シャクヤ Shakuya
|| From 芍薬 shakuyaku (Chinese peony)
|| From Paeonia (peony genus)
|| From Milchweiße Pfingstrose (Chinese peony)
|| Possibly from Paeonia arietina
|| From pivoine (peony) and the genus Paeonia
|| From the genus Paeonia
|| 니아 Nia
|| From the genus Paeonia
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 夏科婭 / 夏科娅 Xiàkēyà
|| Transcription of her Japanese name
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 夏科婭 Hahfō'a