Sunny Day (move)
にほんばれ Clear Sky
Sunny Day (Japanese: にほんばれ Clear Sky) is a non-damaging Fire-type move introduced in Generation II. It is TM11 in Generations II through VII and Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and is TM34 in Pokémon Sword and Shield.
While Sunny Day is in effect, the base power of Fire-type moves will be increased by 50%, and the base power of Water-type moves will be decreased by 50%. In addition to this, the moves Synthesis, Morning Sun, and Moonlight will recover twice as much HP as under clear conditions, and Solar Beam will not require a turn to charge. The accuracy of Thunder is also lowered to 50%.
Generations III and IV
This move now fails when the weather is sunny.
If a Heat Rock is held when Sunny Day is used, the duration of sunlight lengthens from 5 to 8 turns. Additionally, the following Abilities will have the effects listed while the sun is shining:
- Pokémon with the Chlorophyll Ability will have their Speed doubled.
- Pokémon with the Dry Skin Ability will lose ⅛ of their maximum HP at the end of each turn.
- Pokémon with the Flower Gift Ability will raise the team's Attack and Special Defense by 50%. Cherrim will transform into its Sunshine Form, though this is not tied to Flower Gift itself in Generation IV.
- Pokémon with the Solar Power Ability will have their Special Attack raised by 50% and lose ⅛ of their HP each turn.
- Pokémon with the Leaf Guard Ability will be immune to being inflicted with non-volatile status conditions.
Sunny Day can be used as the first move of a Pokémon Contest combination, causing Blast Burn, Blaze Kick, Ember, Eruption, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Fire Spin, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Overheat, Sacred Fire, SolarBeam, Synthesis, Weather Ball, and Will-O-Wisp to score double the normal appeal if used in the next turn.
Generation V onwards
While Sunny Day is in effect, Solar Blade will not require a turn to charge.
Sunny Day can also be used as part of a Contest Spectacular combination, causing certain moves (Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Solar Beam, Synthesis, and Weather Ball) to give an extra three appeal points if used in the next turn.
By leveling up