From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the Egg Group. For the opponent fought in a Pokéstar Studios movie, see Pokéstar Studios opponents → Monster.
The Monster Egg Group (Japanese: 怪獣グループ Monster Group) is one of the fifteen Egg Groups. As of Generation VIII, 81 Pokémon belong to this group.
Monster group Pokémon are usually among the most powerful, and most well-known. Though not as large as the Field group, the Monster group is still a fairly large group. In terms of general body shape, most appear to be bipedal, although quadrupedal forms are common as well. Many also possess a large tail which may aid in balance and some possess claws on their limbs. Most of them are also partially reptilian, superficially resembling dinosaurs. Mammalian forms are also present.
Only in this Egg Group
In this and another Egg Group
- All the starter Pokémon from Generation I are in this Egg Group.
- Poké Maniacs specialize in this Egg Group.
- All the Generation V Pokémon that are in this group are Dragon-type and also in the Dragon Group.
- Prior to Generation VIII, Bergmite and Avalugg were only in the Monster egg group.
In other languages