Laurie Hymes is an American voice actress for the English dub of the Pokémon anime.
Hymes was born on March 5, 1982, in San Diego, California. As an adult, she became a voice actress in 2013 and immediately started out working for the English-dubbed versions of a number of foreign series. In 2014, she began working for the English dub of the Pokémon anime during Pokémon the Series: XY and eventually landed two of her best-known roles: Team Flare scientist Mable, who appeared in Pokémon the Series: XY; and Lillie, a main character in Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon. Hymes currently resides in New York City, New York, with her husband, Ryan Nicolls, who has also voiced characters in Pokémon.
- Battle Royal Trainer's Primarina
- Nanu's Persian
- Pershie (SM082-present)
- Team Rocket's Pelipper
- Multa's Plusle
- Pelipper (SM005, SM018)
- Poké Ride Pelipper (SM011)
- Sandygast (SM022, SM039)
- Frillish (SM058)
Other non-Pokémon roles
- Alisa (Alisa Knows What to Do!)
- Sera (Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions)
- Gerda (The Snow Queen 3: Fire and Ice)
- Vicky Broomstick (Regal Academy)
- Miura-sensei (Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?)
- Mizore Yoroizuka (Liz and the Blue Bird)
- Chup (The Snack World)
- Laetitia (Lupin III: The First)
- Jess (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links)
- Similarly to her main character Lillie's fear of touching Pokémon, Hymes is allergic to animals.
- Hymes is married to fellow voice actor Ryan Nicolls.
|This article is part of Project VA, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each voice actor of the Pokémon anime.|