From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Mana Ibe in a 2011 interview
Mana Ibe (Japanese: 井部真那, born November 27, 1985 in Tokyo) is a graphic designer who has worked for the Pokémon Trading Card Game and video game series.
Ibe's first known involvement with the Pokémon franchise was in the staff of Pokémon Platinum under "Special Thanks", although it is currently unknown exactly what role she played in the development of that game. She later illustrated a card in the Arceus expansion: Manectric. In the staff of Pokémon Black and White, she is listed under "Pokémon Designer". This is a résumé shared by Keiko Moritsugu and Reiko Tanoue, who both illustrated a single card from the Arceus expansion and are listed under the same roles in both sets of credits.
Ibe appears to have acquired a bigger role in Pokémon games since Pokémon Black and White. In a interview with Junichi Masuda, it was revealed that she designed Victini. Along with Victini, she designed about 10 other Pokémon for Pokémon Black and White.
Ibe is credited in the following games:
The following is a list of Pokémon designed by Mana Ibe.
- ↑ The brains behind Pokemon Black and White Interview • Page 2 • Eurogamer
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pokémon Peer interview (Translation by Pokebeach)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 April 2011 of Nintendo Dream (Shellspider's blog)
- ↑ Junichi Masuda on Twitter
- ↑ Afterwords – Pokémon X & Y (Page 3) - GameInformer