From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
In the Pokémon anime, Team Rocket members often use a variety of disguises in order to carry out their schemes, the most well-known example of this being those of Jessie, James and Meowth. A running gag involving Jessie, James, and Meowth is no matter how obvious, bizarre or pathetic their disguises are, Ash and his friends never recognize them until it is too late.
- Electric Shock Showdown: Jessie, James, and Meowth appear in black Ōendan outfits, complete with hats, black shades, and a flag emblazoned with an R. Jessie's outfit has a blue undershirt, James's a red one, and Meowth's is green. Misty sees through their disguise and thanks them for their support, much to their surprise.
Jessie and James disguised as teenage girls
- Battle Aboard the St. Anne: Jessie and James both disguise as teenage girls with black shoes, short skirts, and James wearing a blonde wig (somewhat resembling his regular hairdo), and Jessie an orange one (similar to her hairstyle), making this the first time James dresses like a woman in the series. Later Jessie, James and other human Team Rocket members disguise as waiters aboard the St. Anne.
- Beauty and the Beach: Jessie and James both don swimsuits to enter the Swimsuit and Pokémon Costume contest, and James wears an inflatable bodysuit giving him large breasts to give him a more feminine appearance. James' disguise is notable for causing the initial ban of this episode in the United States.
- Abra and the Psychic Showdown: Jessie and James are disguised as Hawaiian girls, donning flowered necklaces, green grass skirts and wigs (Jessie's is orange, James's is brown), when tricking our heroes into thinking that Ash is the millionth visitor to Saffron City.
- Pokémon Scent-Sation: Jessie and James are disguised as "Ashley's" parents, with Jessie wearing a pink kimono robe and glasses and her hair tied up in a bun on top, and James wearing a bald cap and a fake nose and glasses with Meowth hidden under his shirt to simulate a belly
- Pokémon Fashion Flash: Jessie and James are disguised as Fashion Artists. Jessie wears a black top and a red slit skirt, while James wears a long black coat and red slacks. Both also wear glasses. Meowth simply wears a blue jacket with a yellow undershirt, serving as the cashier for Salon Roquét.
- The Punchy Pokémon: Jessie, James and Meowth enter the P1 Grand Prix with a Hitmonlee they stole from a tall man and swipe the man's gray trench coat and bowler hat. They stack up wearing the clothes, with Jessie at the top, to make it look like they entered the Hitmonlee themselves.
- Showdown at Dark City: Jessie, James and Meowth appear wearing Japanese scarves and coats upon entering the restaurant to pose as Kaz Gym bodyguards.
- The Song of Jigglypuff: Jessie and James both disguise as punk rockers, complete with leather jackets, pierced ears, wild wigs and the like, when they let our heroes use a stage to let Jigglypuff Sing. Reused in A Breed Stampede! and Fighting Ire with Fire!
- Holy Matrimony!: Jessie and Meowth wear black "invisible" costumes and push James into his parents' estate as Jessie tries to imitate James's voice to collect the will. Meowth wears the "invisible" costume again in Ready, Willing, and Sableye. The "invisible" costumes were reused by all three in the two-part Ash vs. Paul battle arc, Pedal to the Meddle and Evolving Strategies.
- Who Gets to Keep Togepi?: Jessie and James are disguised as female egg-sellers with old-fashioned dresses, bonnets, and baskets full of fake Pokémon Eggs in an attempt to steal the Togepi egg.
- Pokémon Paparazzi: Jessie and James are disguised as an elderly couple, complete with gray wigs and old-fashioned clothes. Jessie wears glasses and James wears a fake mustache.
- The Ultimate Test: Jessie and James are disguised when they enter the Pokémon League test: Jessie wears a gray woman's business outfit, black skirt, glasses with her hair in braids and black Mary Jane shoes, while James also wears glasses, along with a blue suit.
- This is also one of the few times where one of the duo didn't recognize the other in disguise (James didn't recognize Jessie until after she took off her glasses).
- The Purr-fect Hero: Jessie and James are disguised during a fake magic act they put on for the schoolchildren, with Jessie wearing a magician's tuxedo, top hat and glasses, and James wearing a pink dress and disguised as the lovely assistant.
- The Case of the K-9 Caper: Jessie and James disguise themselves as Officer Jenny while using a megaphone that disguises their voices as other characters (Ash, Misty, etc.) This is repeated (along with Meowth in a costume and without the voice changing megaphone) in Losing Its Lustrous.
- Showdown at the Poké-Corall: Jessie and James disguise themselves as a news crew for PNN, Pokémon News Network, and they wanted to interview Ash in a segment called Pokémon Masters of Tomorrow.
- Note: This is the first time that they tricked someone onscreen who wasn't Ash and his friends. Instead, they tricked Delia into telling them where Ash is.
- Fire and Ice: Jessie is disguised in a Nurse Joy costume complete with a mask and James disguises himself as an ordinary nurse (with a surgical mask covering his mouth) at a fake Pokémon Center that they set up. Surprisingly Jessie's Nurse Joy disguise was an imitation of the real Nurse Joy's appearance where the lips did not move, which Brock took notice of.
- The Spinarak Attack: The trio dresses as medieval thieves stealing items akin to The Black Arachnid.
- The Chikorita Rescue: Jessie and James are disguised as doctors, wearing full white suits with gloves, mouth covers, and white skullcaps with red lines and a Red Cross on the front.
- Fighting Flyer With Fire: Jessie and James are weakly disguised as survey takers from the Pokémon Bureau.
- For Crying Out Loud: The trio is disguised as farmers.
- Grin to Win!: Meowth disguises himself as a Sunflora. He dressed up as a Sunflora six more times in the Pokémon anime (in The Grass Route, A Bite to Remember, Pacifidlog Jam, All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go!, A Secret Sphere of Influence!, and Three Sides to Every Story!).
- Tricks of the Trade: Jessie and James disguise themselves as inventors with a "machine" that supposedly makes the user's Pokémon stronger, but instead, winds up as empty Poké Balls.
- The Fortune Hunters : James, inspired from a phony Pokémon zodiac book given to them by Butch and Cassidy (in disguise), dresses in a Moltres costume for the first time. This is repeated in The Dunsparce Deception in a Pokémon stage show to the great disappointment of the children watching.
- Air Time: The trio disguise themselves as a ventriloquist act called "The Dugtrio Trio", with Meowth as the dummy.
- Imitation Confrontation: Jessie and James disguise themselves as Duplica and Ash respectively. This appears to serve no real purpose as they immediately reveal themselves to the real Duplica and Ash and are not seen in the outfits again.
- The Dunsparce Deception: Jessie and James are dressed like pirates when they first attempt to steal the heroes' Pokémon. Later, James disguises as a town messenger with a blue shirt, straw hat and a hand bell when announcing the Pokémon stage show, in which James wears the Moltres costume first shown in The Fortune Hunters, and Meowth wears a Dunsparce costume, to the great disappointment of the kids watching.
- The Mystery is History: Jessie and James disguise themselves in standard black Team Rocket uniforms in order to sneak into an underwater Rocket lab and take credit for Professor Namba's plan. Later, in A Promise is a Promise, Jessie and James once again don the black Rocket uniforms in a second attempt to steal the captured Lugia.
- Espeon Not Included: Team Rocket disguises themselves as Geisha girls as they try to steal an unevolved Eevee that would later evolve into an Espeon.
- Will The Real Oak Please Stand Up?: The trio disguises themselves in Maroon Town as DJ Mary (Jessie), Professor Oak (James) and a loud-mouthed radio producer (Meowth). James would repeat the Oak disguise in A Faux Oak Finish!
- Why? Wynaut!: Team Rocket disguised themselves as reporters.
- Hatch Me if You Can: Jessie and James disguised themselves as Nurse Joy and a doctor respectably and claimed to be from the New Bark Town Pokémon Center at the Pokémon Center where Ash and his friends were, with Meowth hiding in Jessie's dress to act as Nurse Joy's breasts. The two tried to steal the Larvitar that just hatched after they got rid of the real Nurse Joy, but Brock was able to tell it was an impostor due to the mask's mouth not moving, among other details.
Team Rocket's deception in Do I hear a Ralts?
was outed by the Pokédex.
- A Togepi Mirage!: Jessie and James wore the same disguise that Jessie wore in Bad to the Bone.
- Double Dilemma: Team Rocket dressed up as the Norman Family: Jessie dressed up as Caroline, James as Norman, Meowth as May, and Wobbuffet as Max.
- Do I Hear a Ralts?: James disguises himself in a grayish brown suit with a matching hat, white gloves, a mustache, and glasses, calling him self Lord Sir James Jamison, Esquire. Jessie and Meowth are disguised as a Gardevoir and a Kirlia, respectively. This is the first time their ruse was blown by the Pokédex. (It identified Meowth by its species rather than as a Kirlia. Later on, a similar incident happened, albeit with Meowth disguised as a Shiftry instead of as a Kirlia).
- Like a Meowth to a Flame: Jessie and James disguise as Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy respectively when attempting to steal the Moltres flame where a crowd of real Jennies and Joys are appearing. Interestingly, unlike when Jessie disguised as Nurse Joy previously, James does not use a mask, but their disguises for the most part appear flawless except for their true eyes obviously being shaped differently from the real Joys and Jennies, and by James's fake falsetto voice.
- In the movie Jirachi: Wish Maker, Jessie and James are disguised as clowns at a carnival handing out flyers promoting a magic show staged by The Great Butler.
- The Right Place and the Right Mime: Team Rocket dressed up as characters from Pokémon Sunday. Jessie dressed up as Becky, James as Red-Hakase, Meowth as Golgo-Sachou, and Wobbuffet as a human cameraman.
- Three Jynx and a Baby!: Meowth and James's Mime Jr. disguised as Smoochum in order to fool the trio of parent Jynx. This failed miserably.
- Eight Ain't Enough: James disguises himself as Juan.
- The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!: Jessie, James, and Meowth disguised themselves as Nurse Joy, Raoul Contesta, and Mr. Sukizo, respectively, and volunteered to judge the Contest Battle between May and Drew. However, their cover was blown by Harley and his Cacturne.
- Pinch Healing: Team Rocket disguised themselves as members of the Pokésitter Union.
The trio disguised as members of the Pokémon Rescue Corps
- Dawn of a New Era: Jessie, James, and Meowth are disguised as Inn-Keepers. They have on open, green sales jackets. Jessie wears clear glasses with her hair tied up in a bun. James has only the clear glasses. Meowth has nothing on besides the jacket.
- Gymbaliar: Jessie is dressed up in likeness of her Seviper. She wears a purple dress with matching purple gloves. The dress has a red waistband in the front, and there are scales going down her dress to imitate her Seviper's. She also has red and yellow glasses that vaguely resemble Seviper's eyes. James is dressed up in a white suit with a pink shirt and matching pink tie and orange shades. Meowth is dressed up in a red suit with a blue bow tie and regular shades.
- Not On MY Watch Ya Don't: Jessie, James, and Meowth are dressed up like clowns. Jessie is wearing a yellow suit with a matching yellow hat and has her hair is up in a bun. The yellow suit has stripes running down the side of it. Her collar is blue and pointed with green balls at the end of each side. She has a star on her left eye, a tear on her right eye, and her nose is painted pink. James is wearing a red suit with a blue hat that has a little green ball attached at the tip of it. He has small glasses and a gigantic green bowtie, as well as red paint over his mouth. Meowth is wearing a red suit with a matching red hat. The hat has a little white ball on the top of it. He also has blue stripes painted vertically over his eyes.
- Leave It To Brocko!: Jessie and James are disguised as Hikers, while Meowth is disguised as a Shiftry.
- A Gruff Act to Follow!: Jessie, James, and Meowth are disguised as Ancient Pokémon Experts.
- Ya See We Want an Evolution: The trio disguised themselves as the "C-Button League". Aside from shirts with the letter "C", they wore sunglasses with the letter "C" making up the frames.
- The Champ Twins! and All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go!: Jessie, James, and Meowth are dressed up like cowboys and pose as Pokémon Trainers in order to get attention from the reporter Rhonda and her Sinnoh Now news team in both episodes.
- Steamboat Willies: When Ash and his friends went the store to buy supplies, they left all their Pokémon on the steamboat, and while the Pokémon were on the boat by themselves Team Rocket showed up, with James disguised as a Plusle, Meowth disguised as a Minun, and Jessie disguised as an entertainer. They were sent blasting off with Pikachu's Thunderbolt, Aipom's Swift, Buizel's Sonic Boom, Turtwig's Razor Leaf, Buneary's Ice Beam and Piplup's Bubblebeam.
- Mass Hip-Po-Sis: The trio dresses up as exquisite sand merchants to try to steal Hippopotas. They include a bag of sand to lure Hippopotas into and a picnic blanket in their disguise.
- A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine: The Team Rocket trio wore disguises similar to The Black Arachnid's and called themselves The Black Arachnid II.
- Battling The Generation Gap!: Jessie, disguised as Jessilina, is dressed like Fantina for her performance in the Celestic Town Pokémon Contest.
- If the Scarf Fits, Wear It!: Jessie and James are disguised as Sinnoh Star reporters and Meowth as a photographer to find out about the Scarf Monster everyone is talking about in Solaceon Town. These costumes are used again in Stealing the Conversation!.
- Get Your Rotom Running: Team Rocket wear the "Pokémon Rescue Group" costumes they would later use in Piplup, Up and Away!
- A Breed Stampede!: Jessie and James were again disguised as punk rockers to draw attention to a poster to a school called the Pokémon Friendship School. Later that episode Jessie disguised as a teacher at the Pokémon Friendship School; James was disguised as an aerobics instructor.
- Cheers on Castaways Isle!: Jessie is disguised as a lady who has lost her Piplup, while James and Meowth are disquised as gentlemen.
- Stealing the Conversation!: Team Rocket disguised themselves as Jubilife TV reporters in order to steal Pikachu, wearing the costumes they had in If the Scarf Fits, Wear It!.
- Classroom Training: The three disguise themselves as students at the Snowpoint school. Jessie and James wears glasses. While Jessie has a yellow blouse and long brown skirt, James wears a two-toned green raglan sleeve shirt and blue jeans and Meowth dons a yellow baseball cap with a blue oval, a purple T-shirt and blue shorts.
- A Faux Oak Finish!: Jessie and Meowth disguised James as Professor Oak once again.
- Where No Togepi Has Gone Before!: Jessie and James are disguised as TV hosts and Meowth as a cameraman in order to lure Ash and his friends insider their "Trainer Tower".
- Dressed for Jess Success: James disguises himself as "Jessilina" in the Lilypad Town Pokémon Contest and wins, as Jessie is sick.
- In the two-part story arc The Needs of Three and The Battle Finale of Legend, Jessie and James, along with Looker, are disguised as Team Galactic grunts in order to stop Cyrus' plan to start a new world order.
- The Treasure is All Mine!: At the outset of the story, Jessie, James and Meowth do their disguise of pirates that was previously seen as they introduced themselves in Stage Fight and The Dunsparce Deception. Later, when James returns to one of his summer homes in the region, Jessie disguises herself as Jessiebelle to gain entry, and Meowth is disguised as a dapper gentleman with a top hat.
- Double-Time Battle Training!: James and Meowth wear the same tuxedos, sunglasses and hat they had in The Treasure is All Mine!, while Jessie is dressed as Jessilina.
- A Marathon Rivalry!: Team Rocket disguised themselves as massage therapists during the Pokéathlon in Camellia Town.
- Fighting Ire with Fire!: Team Rocket has the same punk rockers costumes they used in The Song of Jigglypuff and A Breed Stampede!
- Piplup, Up and Away!: Jessie, James and Meowth disguised themselves as members of the Pokémon Rescue Society, wearing the same costumes they had in Get Your Rotom Running, in order to give a lesson to Ash and Dawn about the latter's Piplup running away after another Draco Meteor by Ash's Gible goes astray.
- An Elite Coverup!: Jessie, James and Meowth are disguised as Pokémon Breeders, running a phony Pokémon Day Care.
- Last Call — First Round! and Opposites Interact!: James and Meowth wear the same tuxedos, sunglasses and hat they had in The Treasure is All Mine! and Double-Time Battle Training!, while Jessie is dressed as Jessilina.
- An Old Family Blend!: Team Rocket disguised as Pokémon Center employee.
- Zoroark: Master of Illusions: Team Rocket disguised themselves as janitors.
In the Best Wishes series, Team Rocket has been using special disguises to hide their identities. Each one has a long overcoat, a pair of sunglasses, and a hat. Jessie's outfit is purple, James's is blue, and Meowth's is brown. Unlike most of Team Rocket's other disguises, this one has been seen in more than one episode, being seen in most of the Best Wishes episodes they appeared in up to Battling For The Love of Bug-Types!, and again in Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokémon Knight"! and Reunion Battles In Nimbasa!. Disguises as other people like in the other previous series have appeared less often, the only ones in the first season being in A UFO For Elgyem! and A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition! if Meowth's Umbreon disguise is not counted. They started disguising again from The Name's N! onwards.
- The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice!: Jessie painted Meowth to look like an Umbreon to distract Don George and the others at the Battle Club so they could steal some supplies.
- A UFO for Elgyem!: Jessie and James dress up like business-people in order to capture Elgyem.
- A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition! : Jessie and James disguise themselves as fishermen for the fake fishing competition they were holding.
- The Name's N!: They are disguised as regular people on a ship to Castelia City. Jessie is wearing a short blue dress and a hat and her hair is in a bun, James has a ponytail a hat and a suit, and Meowth has a lea and jacket on.
- Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!: James first disguises himself as an old man to collide with Professor Juniper. After that, Jessie disguises as a woman selling tickets to a ship to go back to Kanto, James disguises as the ship captain, and Meowth disguises as a sailor.
- Danger, Sweet as Honey!: Jessie and James dress up like Honeymitsu honey promotors.
- Crowning the Scalchop King: Jessie and James paint Meowth like a Dewott so he could participate in the Scalchop King Playoffs and win the tournament. Jessie and James also dress casually to hide their uniforms and pretend to be Dewott's Trainers.
- Capacia Island UFO!: The Team Rocket trio, along with Ash and Pikachu, put on some Beheeyem mask to go unnoticed between citizens that were possessed by an actual Beheeyem, and had the actual Pokémon face on their heads.
- The Journalist from Another Region!: Meowth dresses as a Golem so he could participate in the Pokémon Sumo Tournament. Jessie and James also dress casually to pretend to be Golem's Trainer.
- Mystery on a Deserted Island!: The trio wear the same costumes they used in The Name's N! while on the Decolore Islands cruise ship.
- Celebrating the Hero's Comet!: After hearing Alexa narrating the Legend of the Comet and the Hero, they dress themselves as the Ghost Pokémon that appear in the tale. James disguises as a Gengar, Jessie uses a Dusknoir costume and Meowth dresses as Banette.
- Best Wishes Until We Meet Again!: In order to steal the Decolore cruise ship passengers's Pokémon, James disguises himself as Porter so he could ask for the people's Poké Balls to supposedly protect them from Team Rocket. Since they have to attack the ship at the same time, Jessie covers James's absence from the trio by disguising half of herself as James.
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: X and Y anime disguises as of latest Japanese episode.
- Lumiose City Pursuit!: Jessie, James and Meowth disguised as researchers to steal Pokémon in the lab.
- Grooming Furfrou!: Jessie disguised as a Pokémon groomer named Jessally, with James and Meowth posing as her assistants, in order to steal Pokémon.
- Kindergarten Chaos: Team Rocket showed up at the kindergarten class as street performers with James dressed up like a Beartic and Meowth dressed up like a Cubchoo. This was so they could steal Pikachu along with Sylveon.
- A PokéVision of Things to Come!: Jessie disguised as a "famous" Actress, and James and Meowth as her crew, in order to steal Ash's Pikachu, Clemont's Dedenne and Serena's Fennekin.
- A Battle by Any Other Name!: Jessie and James disguised as Chefs in order to compete in the Poké Puff Contest.
- Heroes - Friends and Faux Alike!: James disguised as Ash, Jessie disguised as Serena, Meowth disguised as Bonnie and using a satchel to disguise Dedenne, and James's Inkay disguised as Pikachu in order to separate Clemont from them. Jessie and James also disguised as scientists in order to fool Clemont into building an invention for them.
- Summer of Discovery!: Team Rocket dressed up as chefs in order to infiltrate the Kalos Pokémon Summer Camp.
- Thawing an Icy Panic!: Team Rocket disguised themselves as Nurse Joys to sneak into the Coumarine City Pokémon Center and kidnap a wild Vanillite that was located there. This is notably the first time James has crossdressed since the Diamond & Pearl series.
- A Frenzied Factory Fiasco!: Team Rocket disguised themselves as Poké Ball Factory employees so they can steal Ash, Clemont and Serena's Poké Balls.
- All Eyes on the Future!: Team Rocket disguised themselves as news reporters to interview Cosette and Sophie so they would learn more about the Anistar Sundial, with Jessie and James bearing a striking resemblance to Gabby and Ty respectively.
- Making Friends and Influencing Villains!: Team Rocket dress up as members of the Ralts evolutionary line (again). Jessie's Wobbuffet as Ralts, Team Rocket's Meowth as Kirlia, James as Gallade and Jessie as Gardevoir. Meowth and Jessie are both disguised as the same Pokémon as the previous time. Jessie also goes to wear a Phantump costume.