From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- If you were looking for the first season of the Pokémon anime, Pokémon: Indigo League, see S01.
The Indigo League (Japanese: セキエイリーグ Sekiei League) is the regional Pokémon League of the Kanto region. It consists of a network of eight Gyms and the Elite Four. Depending on the context, the Indigo League can also be called the Kanto League or simply the Pokémon League.
Pokémon Trainers who earn eight Gym Badges from sanctioned Indigo League Gyms qualify to participate in Indigo League competitions, one of which is the Indigo Plateau Conference.
The Johto League and Indigo League share a single group of Elite Four and Champion; eight Badges from either region will allow a Trainer to battle the Elite Four at Indigo Plateau.
In the anime
Visquez, the current Gym Leader of Vermilion City
In the main series
The Indigo League is notable in the anime for being the only one among all the Leagues in the regions to have undergone changes in its line-up of Gym Leaders during the course of the anime.
- Each of the Kanto Gym Leaders—except Sabrina and (in some games) Blaine—has a type disadvantage against the next Gym Leader.
- Brock's Rock-type is weak to Misty's Water type.
- Misty's Water type is weak to Lt. Surge's Electric type.
- Lt. Surge's Electric type is resisted by Erika's Grass type.
- Erika's Grass type is weak to Koga's Poison type.
- Koga's Poison type is weak to Sabrina's Psychic type.
- Sabrina is the exception, as the Sabrina's Psychic type is neutral against Blaine's Fire type.
- Blaine's Fire type is weak to Giovanni's Ground type. Blue does not have a type specialty, so Blaine is not weak to the following Gym Leader's type when Blue is the Viridian Gym Leader.
- In Generations I, III, and VII, each of the Kanto Elite Four—except Agatha—has a type disadvantage against the next Elite Four member; additionally, the last member has a type disadvantage against the first.
- Lorelei's Ice type is weak to Bruno's Fighting type.
- Bruno's Fighting type does not affect Agatha's Ghost type.
- Agatha is the exception, as Agatha's Ghost type is neutral against Lance's Dragon type.
- Lance's Dragon type is weak to Lorelei's Ice type.
- In Generations II and IV, each of the Kanto Elite Four has a type disadvantage against the previous Elite Four member.
- Will is the first of the Kanto Elite Four.
- Koga's Poison type is weak to Will's Psychic type.
- Bruno's Fighting type is resisted by Koga's Poison type.
- Karen's Dark type is weak to, and resisted by, Bruno's Fighting type.