Lily of the Valley Conference
|This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Images of the different battlefields needed
The Lily of the Valley Conference (Japanese: シンオウリーグ・スズラン大会 Sinnoh League Suzuran Conference) is the Sinnoh League general championship competition. All Pokémon Trainers who have earned eight Gym Badges from the Sinnoh region are eligible to enter. It is held annually on Lily of the Valley Island. Competing Trainers are housed in hotels in small villages similar to previous League locations. It took place from An Old Family Blend! to The Semi-Final Frontier!.
It was the first League Conference where a connection was made between the tournament itself and the Champion League, which was stated by Lucian in The Elite Meet and Greet!. Although Elite Four members and Champions had appeared before that, it was during Pokémon the Series: Diamond and Pearl that conference winners were revealed to earn the right to challenge the Elite Four and Champion.
Although they aren't shown in full detail, the opening ceremonies include a fireworks show and the lighting of the League torch.
Although not shown, it is assumed that there are some sorts of screening rounds, as there were many Trainers seen registering for the competition in An Old Family Blend!, but not seen in the actual battle round match-ups shown later in the episode, an example being Jeffrey.
The Top 64 Trainers proceeded to the actual tournament. The first three rounds feature three-on-three matches. The first two rounds are held in the three small arenas of the venue, while the Top 16 matches are held in the main arena. When all three Pokémon are unable to battle, the Trainer is knocked out of the tournament.
After shuffling the match-ups, the Top 8 Trainers then compete in the center arena in a series of Full Battles. When either Trainer has lost their six Pokémon, they are knocked out of the tournament. Unlike in the previous League Conferences, no break is had after a Trainer has lost three Pokémon.
Trainers here participated in the conference before the conference Ash participated in.
- It was shown multiple times that the use of Legendary and Mythical Pokémon is allowed in this tournament, which may be a reference to the change in rules in the 2010 Video Game World Championships. However, the real-life championship's rules does not allow Mythical Pokémon, meaning that Tobias's Darkrai would not be permitted.
- This is the final conference to date that Charles Goodshow appears in.
- This is the only Pokémon League Conference in which Ash places in the Top 4.
- There are seven named contestants, less than any other League Conference.
- This is the first League Conference where Ash doesn't carry the torch.
- In The Gates of Warp!, Alternate World Dawn was shown to have a trophy for placing second in the Sinnoh League tournament, suggesting that there might be a trophy for second place.
In other languages
|The Pokémon League|
Trainer • Battle • Gym Leaders
Gyms • Badges • Referee
Elite Four • Orange League
Pokémon League Conferences
Indigo • Silver • Ever Grande • Lily of the Valley
Vertress • Lumiose • Manalo
|Regional Pokémon Leagues|
Indigo • Orange* • Johto • Hoenn • Sinnoh
Unova • Kalos • Alola • Galar • Paldea
Areas of jurisdiction
Pokémon League Reception Gate • Hall of Fame
Palace of Victory • Cerulean Cave
Pokémon Association • PIA
World Coronation Series
(Masters Eight Tournament)
|This article is part of Project Anime, a Bulbapedia project that covers all aspects of the Pokémon anime.|