From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Classroom Training!
Miss Suzuna of the Trainers' School!
|| May 7, 2009
| United States
|| October 3, 2009
|| Team Iguchi
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 大庭秀昭 Hideaki Ōba
| Assistant director
|| 近橋伸隆 Nobutaka Chikahashi
| Animation director
|| 木下和栄 Kazue Kinoshita
| Additional credits
Classroom Training! (Japanese: トレーナーズスクールのスズナ先生！ Miss Suzuna of the Trainers' School!) is the 126th episode of the Diamond & Pearl series, and the 592nd episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on May 7, 2009 and in the United States on October 3, 2009.
Zoey welcomes our heroes to her hometown, Snowpoint City, the site of Ash’s next Gym battle. The welcoming committee doubles when Candice joins the group—she’s Zoey’s friend and the Gym Leader that Ash hopes to battle! Candice also teaches at the Pokémon Trainer School where she and Zoey were once students; before she battles Ash, she wants to show him off to her special class for older Trainers. This special class includes Jeremiah, a Pokétch company employee who wants to travel with his Skuntank, and the members of Team Rocket in disguise.
Once Ash and Dawn are introduced, Candice starts the class with a quick-fire quiz challenge. Both Ash and James think they’ve got this in the bag, but Jeremiah beats them both! Ash may have the badges, but Jeremiah isn’t impressed by his quiz challenge performance. While Ash grumbles, Zoey tells Dawn all about how she met her Glameow on a cold night before she was old enough to be a Pokémon Trainer. Zoey insisted on raising Glameow no matter what, but the school’s principal, Mr. Honcho, insisted that Candice help her out. The two agreed to each focus on one area: Zoey concentrated on Contests, while Candice pursued Gym battles.
But all this time, Team Rocket has been focused on stealing the school’s stored Pokémon. They’ve overpowered Mr. Honcho, grabbed the school’s Poké Balls, and are about to make a clean getaway! Jeremiah and Skuntank try to stop them, but Team Rocket has Jeremiah’s Skuntank on the ropes. Candice and our heroes arrive in the nick of time; Ash and Buizel help rescue Skuntank, while Candice and her Abomasnow tackle Team Rocket. Our heroes foil Team Rocket once again, showing Jeremiah that Ash is a great Trainer after all and quiz results aren’t everything! Ash will take on Candice in a Gym challenge tomorrow—is he great enough to earn his next badge?
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
Upon reaching Snowpoint City, Ash and his friends are welcomed by the Gym Leader of the Snowpoint Gym, Candice. The group accepts her offer to show them around the city; the first place they are lead to is a Trainers' School where Candice works as a teacher. Happily Candice shows Ash and his friends to her school. Candice appears already with her sweater tied on her waist. Candice soon begins off with a quiz. Ash is then asked about the secret of his success as a Trainer. He answers that "The best defense is offense", but he is suddenly faced with a quiz. He doesn't even know the answer to the question about Pikachu because he says a wrong answer before Candice had finished the question. However, there is a quite knowledgeable businessman named Jeremiah who can answer to all questions with amazing speed. After the test, he says that Ash is not clever enough, but Brock comforts him, saying that he is great at Gym Battles. Later, Ash meets Zoey and Candice at a small shed where the two girls used to play together. Zoey then reveals that she met her Glameow when she was too little to raise a Pokémon. Due to this she and Candice decided to raise Glameow until she was of age to train it.
Meanwhile, Team Rocket sneaks into a storage room in the school and they begin to steal all the Pokémon stored at the school. When Jeremiah arrives to get back the Poké Balls, James's Carnivine immobilizes his Skuntank with Vine Whip. At the moment Jessie's Seviper is about to attack, Pikachu comes to the rescue and knocks it out. After Team Rocket reveal themselves, Candice and Ash team-up to defeat them. With the help of the Blizzard attack of Candice's Abomasnow and Buizel's improved Ice-Aqua Jet, Team Rocket blasts off again. Though afterwards, the Poké Balls start to fall from Team Rocket's trap, but Piplup collects them safely with Whirlpool. Seeing how Ash beat Team Rocket, Mr. Jeremiah apologizes for being rude. With all the Poké Balls safe and sound, Ash now concentrates on his upcoming Gym battle against Candice.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
TV episode debuts
- This episode marks the beginning of the four-part Snowpoint City arc.
- There is no Professor Oak's Big Pokémon Examination following this episode, instead being replaced with a preview of the following episode of Pokémon Sunday, which is due to make a major game announcement. The advertisement is performed in the style of the lecture.
- Even though it is stated that Meowth is the only Pokémon that can learn Pay Day, other Pokémon can learn it through Generation I's TM16. A Skitty can also learn it through special events in Generation III.
- Background music from Route 29, Oldale Town, the challenge theme of Team Rocket, an instrumental version of A Small Thing, and Route 210 were used in this episode.
- One of Candice's students bears a striking resemblance to Vitzo from The Screen Actor's Guilt.
- This is the first episode of the dub to be aired in 16:9 aspect ratio in US airings, as well as the first episode available in HD. In Japan, this change took place in The Lonely Snover!.
- In this episode, Team Rocket uses a variation of their motto.
- Brock claims that Zoey and Dawn battled Fantina, when it was really Zoey and Ash who battled her.
- However, Dawn did ask Fantina for a battle, but her Pokémon had to rest at that point.
- In multiple scenes, the top of Stunky's head is colored purple, instead of white.
In other languages