From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing story info and quotes.
Dexio (Japanese: デクシオ Dexio) is one of Professor Sycamore's assistants who often appears with another assistant, Sina.
In the games
Dexio and Sina are first met by the player in Route 4 where they discuss about Flabébé and the Fairy type. Dexio then introduces himself as a Pokémon-voyage veteran who received his Pokédex from Professor Sycamore two years beforehand. In the gate to Lumiose City, Dexio tells the player about friendship and gives the player TM27 (Return). After arriving at Lumiose City, Dexio tells the player to follow Sina to Professor Sycamore's lab.
Further on, he and Sina give the player the Coastal Kalos Pokédex at Route 8 and the Mountain Dex at Route 13.
The duo are soon met again at the Kalos Power Plant, disguised as the defenders of Kalos. They arrive to stop Team Flare, but by the time they get there, the player has already driven the villains away. They thank the player for their help and offers their assistance before taking off. Dexio is met alongside Professor Sycamore when the player reaches Dendemille Town to discuss the legend of XerneasX/YveltalY. The player meets them again in their disguises in Lysandre Labs, where they ask if the player has seen a man as tall as a stretched-out Seviper that Team Flare has been searching for. There, they pretend that they have never met the player and warns them to be safe when fighting against Team Flare.
After Lysandre is defeated in the Team Flare Secret HQ, the masked Dexio and Sina thanks the player for their victory. Tierno reveals that he and Trevor teamed up with Dexio and Sina to free the Pokémon Team Flare tied to the stones on Route 10 to power their ultimate weapon. When Tierno states their names, Sina denies their true identities. Dexio also reveals that he and Sina destroyed the machine Lysandre used to spy on peoples' Holo Casters.
After the player has become Champion, Dexio is seen with Sina in the parade Professor Sycamore made for the player and their friends.
- "Hello there! Have you ever heard of a Pokémon called Flabébé?"
- If Flabébé is in the player's Pokédex as "seen": "Oh! I see. It's registered in your Pokédex! That's what I would expect from one of the professor's handpicked Pokémon Trainers!"
- "Fairy type is a Pokémon type that was just classified recently."
- "I'm Dexio. Two years ago, Professor Sycamore entrusted me with a Pokédex. You could call me a Pokémon-voyage veteran."
Lumiose City - Route 4 Gate
- "So, how are you and <lead Pokémon> getting along? The more you walk around with your Pokémon, the stronger your friendship will become."
- "Here! This is the TM for Return. This is a move that gets more powerful when your friendship with the Pokémon using it is strong."
- "Follow her that way to the lab!"
- "Stop right there!"
- "Ah ha ha! We didn't mean to surprise you. How are you and <lead Pokémon> doing?"
- "Well, it can't! That's why we are here to power up your Pokédex!"
- "The Coastal Kalos Pokédex will be on your Pokédex menu, so tap it to select it!"
Route 13 - Coumarine City Gate
- "Ha! Just kidding, Trainer! We weren't really waiting for you. We were on our way to the Power Plant at Professor Sycamore's request. But the gate connecting Lumiose City to Route 13 has been shut by a mysterious power outage. We have to investigate."
- "I'm just going to give you the answer. It's Mountain Kalos. So I'm going to take this opportunity and power up your Pokédex again."
- "The Mountain Kalos Pokédex has been added to your Pokédex menu. Just tap it to check it out, OK?"
- "You and your Pokémon are the ultimate team! No doubt about it! But don't push yourself too hard. Here. Take these."
- "Thanks to you, the power is back on in Lumiose City. Now people can pass through the gate connecting Route 13 to Lumiose City again."
- "Why, hello, <player>! How have you been?"
- "Um... Professor..."
- "Wherever do you think a Pokémon that amazing could be now?"
- "It would be absolutely amazing if you found it, <player>. Maybe I'll look into the legend a little bit. If I find something, I'll let you know!"
- "We're looking for a really tall guy...And I mean tall. If you stretched out a Seviper and stood it up, he'd be that tall. We received some intelligence that Team Flare is also trying to find him for some reason."
- "Uh... Anyway...We came here--at a certain professor's request--to stop Team Flare! I assume your goal is the same? Don't do anything reckless, OK?"
- "The professor's feeling pretty down, but he's using his network of acquaintances to try to stop Team Flare's plan."
- "Don't worry about it, Tierno. We were all doing the best we could to stop Team Flare's plans."
- "Oh, we have a little bit of news for you all. We managed to destroy the machine in Lysandre's lab that was spying on people's Holo Caster transmissions."
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Dexio in Pokémon Adventures
Dexio first debuted alongside Sina in They Have a Flare for a Li'l Kanga-Napping, where Professor Sycamore asked them to make a copy of the footage of Vaniville Town's destruction so that Lysandre may study it. Later, they are tasked with finding Professor Sycamore's missing Charmander, which had escaped from his lab. They find Charmander in the custody of X's friends, who they mistake for having stolen it.
Wearing disguises, Dexio and Sina reveal themselves and immediately take Charmander away from X's group. Angered, Tierno uses his Roller Skates in conjunction with his dancing skills to quickly take Charmander back. After Tierno explains that they were returning Charmander to its owner, Dexio and Sina excuse themselves and leave.
|| デクシオ Dexio
|| From δεξιός dexiós, Greek for right
| English, French, German,
|| Same as Japanese name
|| 덱시오 Dexio
|| Same as Japanese name
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 德克希歐 Dékèxī'ōu
|| Transliteration of Japanese name