From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Phil the Photo Guy (Japanese: カメラおやじ Old Man Camera) is a NPC in Pokémon X and Y. When the player reaches a Photo Spot, he or she can call Phil the Photo Guy to take a picture of him or her. He can also show the player photos that have already been taken, and once the photo is taken, it can be sent to the Pokémon Global Link via Game Sync.
In the games
This is a list of Photo Spots that the player can call Phil to:
Taking a picture
- "Hey! What do you want to do?"
- Take a photo: "All right. I'll take a great photo! Let's move to the shooting location!" "Yay, this is a great shot!"
- View a photo: (no stored photos) "Wait a minute, wait a minute! I haven't taken a single photo of you. Let's take at least one photo, OK?"
(at least one stored photo) "Oh, you want to see a photo? Here's the latest photo that I'm proud of!"
- About the camera: "A camera is a tool for making photos. To take a photo, press the R button. You can zoom in by pressing right on the +Control Pad. Zoom out by pressing left. Press the A Button for manual mode. You can do lots of cool things! Reset the angle by pressing the START button. The photo will be saved to the SD Card, and you can see it with the Nintendo 3DS Camera. Also, you can use Game Sync to send it to the Pokémon Global Link. Take a great photo and dazzle everyone!"
- Goodbye: "All right. See ya!"
- Goodbye: "Not too shabby at all! You have a natural talent as a model. See ya!"
At Lumiose Station
- "You know, cameras and railways were first developed around the same time. In short, that means railway enthusiasts like myself have been able to capture these lovelies on film from the start!"
|| カメラおやじ Old Man Camera
|| From camera
|| Phil the Photo Guy
|| Possibly from film
|| Sig. Grandangolo
|| From grandangolo (wide shot, or wide-angle lens)
|| Marco Carrete
|| From marco (frame) and carrete (camera roll).