From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Lillie (Japanese: リーリエ Lilie) is a character introduced in Pokémon Sun and Moon. She serves as one of the player character's allies and traveling companions during the course of the game.
In the games
Lillie is first revealed as a mysterious girl who is central to the plot of Pokémon Sun and Moon. She assists, and is shown to live with, Professor Kukui for personal reasons. She dislikes Pokémon battles as she does not like seeing Pokémon get hurt, but loves to read.
Lillie is first seen attempting to flee the Aether Paradise three months prior to the beginning of the player's adventure, during the opening cutscene. Just when she is surrounded, she is Teleported by a mysterious force, later revealed to be the Pokémon hiding in her bag, Cosmog, which she nicknamed Nebby (Japanese: ほしぐもちゃん Hoshigumo-chan). Lillie and Nebby wash up on a beach, where they are found by Professor Burnet, who listens to Lillie's story and agrees to help her learn more about Nebby. She contacts her husband, Professor Kukui, who allows her to stay with him as his assistant.
The player first meets Lillie on the Mahalo Trail, where she watches helplessly as Nebby is being attacked by a group of wild Spearow on an unstable rope bridge. Despite not yet having a Pokémon of their own, the player steps in to protect Nebby, and is in turn assisted and recognized by Tapu Koko. Afterwards, she accompanies the player back to Iki Town, where she watches them receive their starter, and later their Z-Ring. Some time after that, she accompanies the player to Kukui's Lab and later provides them a tour of the Pokémon Center. After assisting the player at the Trainers' School, she visits Hau'oli City. After the player completes their first trial, Nebby escapes from her bag and runs off into Melemele Meadow, so the player must find it and return it back to her. After the player defeats Kahuna Hala, she goes to Akala Island alongside the player and Hau.
Throughout the player's and Hau's journey on Akala Island, Lillie mostly stays at the Tide Song Hotel in Heahea City, apparently to meet somebody there, and also in fear of Team Skull, who she saw lurking around the area. She also tells the player that, in her quest to learn more about Nebby, she would like to visit each of the ruins of Alola where the guardian deities live. She rejoins the player and Hau when Professor Kukui summons them to the Dimensional Research Lab, which conducts research into Pokémon coming from other dimensions and is headed by Professor Burnet. She and the Professor travel to the Ruins of Life to watch Kahuna Olivia and Hau battle; when Hau reminds the player that Faba of the Aether Foundation wants to see them, Lillie becomes nervous and insists on staying to watch the battle. Notably, she does not join the player and Hau in their tour of the Aether Paradise.
The reason for this is revealed much later on, while they are on Ula'ula Island: while staying at the Aether House on Route 15, Lillie and Nebby are kidnapped by Team Skull in an operation led by Plumeria, who implies that Team Skull are not the only ones who steal Pokémon; at this, Lillie goes with them willingly and quietly, while Hau is unable to defeat Plumeria to save her. Upon informing the player about this, Gladion, a Team Skull enforcer the player and Hau have encountered several times, who has warned them to ensure nothing happens to Nebby, barges in, having overheard the conversation. He takes them to the Aether Paradise, to where he claims he is certain Lillie has been brought. After raiding the facility, whose employees have now become hostile to them under the pretext that there are intruders, the player manages to enter the house and office of Lusamine, its president, where he finds Lillie trying to reason with her, finding out as well that Lillie is Lusamine's daughter, and that Gladion is her brother, who had also ran away from the Aether Paradise for similar reasons. Lusamine berates both Lillie and Gladion for leaving and stealing from her, after all the love she gave them, and shows no care for either of them.
Information the player finds in the Aether Paradise as well as Lillie and Lusamine's conversation reveal that Nebby was actually a research experiment of the Aether Foundation in its attempt to open more Ultra Wormholes across Alola and harness the power of the Ultra Beasts; knowing that the strain of this would be fatal on Nebby, Lillie had taken it from the Aether Paradise. Lusamine manages to get Nebby back, however, and forces it to open Ultra Wormholes across Alola, one of which she goes through with Guzma, the boss of Team Skull. Nebby is revealed to have evolved into Cosmoem in the process, although none of them are seemingly aware of this.
Determined to save both Nebby and her mother, Lillie joins the player on Poni Island and is given the Moon FluteS or Sun FluteM by Gladion. She undergoes a dramatic change, changing her outfit and becoming much more confident, calling it her "Z-powered form". She accompanies the player throughout the island, witnessing Hapu's appointment as Kahuna by Tapu Fini, retrieving the Sun FluteS or Moon FluteM from Exeggutor Island, going through Vast Poni Canyon, where she attempts her first "trial" by crossing a narrow bridge alone, and finally ascending the Altar of the SunneS or Altar of the MooneM, where they are directed to play the Sun and Moon Flutes together. As they do so, Nebby is drawn from Lillie's bag and evolves into SolgaleoS or LunalaM, which amazes Lillie, who had never read about their relationship to each other before. She requests for its help to save Lusamine in Ultra Space, where she is unfazed by Guzma's claims that Lusamine is beyond reason, and goes to confront her. She finally manages to stand up to her, despite being called ugly for leaving her and befriending the player. After the player defeats Lusamine, who has merged with Nihilego, she attempts to strike Lillie with one of her tentacles, but Lillie cries out to Nebby for help, who manages to separate Lusamine and Nihilego. Before losing consciousness, Lusamine asks Lillie when she started becoming more beautiful.
Upon returning to Alola, Nebby indicates its desire to join and travel with Lillie, who gently refuses as she is not a Pokémon Trainer. She suggests it join the player instead, who is required to catch it to proceed with the storyline. Lillie then leaves to take care of her mother, and until the player becomes Champion she is not seen, as she is busy caring for Lusamine in the Aether Paradise. She does tell Gladion, however, to tell the player that he/she is the "best trainer in the world". During the festivities in Iki Town, Lillie and the player quietly slip away to the Ruins of Conflict to give thanks to Tapu Koko; when they return, she tells the player that Lusamine is getting a bit better, and even wanted to join the party, and that she has been gently helping her understand what she has done. She also stops short of telling the player something seemingly important; this is revealed the next day by Hau, to be her departure for Kanto, where she plans to seek treatment for her mother and become a Trainer in her own right. She gives the player her old Poké Doll and says goodbye to them. She is not seen after this.
After Lillie has left, the player can read her diary in the loft of Professor Kukui's lab, as the lock has been pecked open by Murkrow. In it, Lillie writes that her flight from the Aether Paradise had been planned ahead, with only Wicke aware of it, and that Wicke had told her to look for Professor Burnet. She is seemingly turned off at Professor Kukui's habit of going around half-naked. She also notes that Alola does not have any Gym Leaders or — at that time, toward the start of the player's journey — an Elite Four. Wicke also tells the player, upon their return to the Aether Paradise, that the reason Lillie chose Kanto was to seek Bill, who, like Lusamine, has been combined with a Pokémon before, in the hopes that Lusamine would be healed of the last of Nihilego's poisons.
- Main article: Nebby
This Cosmog, nicknamed Nebby (Japanese: ほしぐもちゃん Hoshigumo-chan) by Lillie, was a research subject of the Aether Foundation. Lillie rescued the Pokémon when she learned that the organization's experiments would eventually kill it, and thanks to its Teleport, was able to flee. Since escaping, Lillie has been taking Nebby to the ruins of the guardian deities of Alola, believing she can learn something about Nebby's true nature. Due to the circumstances, Lillie always keeps Nebby in a bag she carries around with her at all times.
|| Pokémon Sun and Moon
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Quotes are here but unfinished..
- Hau'oli City Shopping District - Fridays
- "What a beautiful view... I wish I could share it with you."
- "O-oh... Hello."
- Regardless of choice: "Uh-umm... Professor Kukui is helping me take care of my Pokémon, and... he’s waiting for me, so I have to be going. I hope to see you again sometime."
- Iki Town
- "Really? You want to go up to the ruins? I don't know what you hope to find there..."
- Mahalo Trail
- "You can't come out! We'll get in trouble if anyone sees you!"
- What's wrong?: "H-help..."
- Who are you?: "Never mind me... You have to help it! Please!"
- "Save Nebby! Those Spearow are attacking it! But...but I'm too afraid to go out there... My legs feel like they might give out..."
- "Oh... Oh, thank goodness! You tried to use your power again... didn't you? Oh, Nebby... You know what happened last time you used it. You couldn't move for ages after that. I don't want to see you like that again! No... I shouldn't say that. I'm sorry, Nebby. I know you were trying to save me that time. And I couldn't even help you in return... What... What is that? A sparkling...stone? It feels almost warm somehow... Please, forgive me... I am so grateful to you for helping us out of that dangerous spot. I think this stone should belong to you. Please... Don't tell anybody about this... About seeing Nebby... It's... it's a secret, OK? Come on. Into the bag Nebby."
- "Um... I'm afraid we might get attacked by wild Pokémon or... or something. I know its too much to ask it, but... Do you think you could see us back to town?"
- Iki Town
- "Oh...um...yes! You can call me Lillie. So...you're also one of the professor's acquaintances?"
- "Oh, um... Yes Kahuna Hala... Nebby was being attacked by Spearow on the Plank Bridge when this <boy/girl> helped it get away... But the bridge collapsed, and I thought both of them might fall to the bottom of the ravine... And that was when the island's guardian deity swooped in to save them!"
- "Nice to meet you, <player's starter Pokémon>! Oh! When did you get out again? I know that Kahuna Hala and the professor will keep you safe from any harm, but you should still stay in the bag and out of sight. It's safer that way. I think you chose a wonderful Pokémon. Please take very good care of it."
- "Um... I don't really like to see Pokémon battles where Pokémon can get hurt...but I'll watch for you."
- "Yes.. I will keep in eye on... Oh, you! Would you not try to escape the very moment that you were told not to wander off!"
- "But to what exactly? So you two will be taking part in battle? I don't like seeing Pokémon fight one another, since they so often end up getting hurt... But it seems like this is an important event, so I'll be sure to watch you both."
- "Tapu Koko is amazing, isn't it? I hope I can meet it again some day and thank it for saving Nebby..."
- Me, too: "It saved you as well, didn't it? And left you with that sparkling stone..."
- Oh yeah?: "You know, <player name>... it did save your life, too. And it even gifted you that sparkling stone..."
- "even though you're a stranger to this place. Then I suppose this is good-bye..."
- Route 1
- Hau'oli Outskirts
- "Oh. Um... The professor said... 'Hey there, Lillie! Bring me that great new Trainer. Woo!' So I'm here to show you the way to his Pokémon lab, if you'll come with me. It's, um... It's this way. M-me? Well, thank you... My name is Lillie. It's very nice to meet you. You...have a very nice mother, don't you? We should get going. I'll show you to the Pokémon Research Lab."
- "You can only reach the professor's lab by treading through the tall grass here. He says he can research his moves better when he is so surrounded by Pokémon. Since I'm not a Trainer, though, I have to rely on using Repels all the time. You do know that Repels keep Pokémon from attacking, right? A-and about Nebby... Oh. I mean...Cosmog. Cosmog seems to be a very rare Pokémon. It came from far, far away. It seems to have a very strange power... It used that power to save me once when I was in danger. But some...other people want Cosmog for themselves, to use that power. That's why only the professor and Kahuna Hala and other people I can trust know about it... Can you keep a secret? Can you not tell anyone else about Nebby or what happened on that bridge? Please..."
- "Ahh... There they go again... The Pokémon Research Lab has it's own unique charm, as I think you might agree. I've actually been, um, imposing on the professor here for the past three months. I'm not much of an assistant, but it's the least I can do to pay him back for letting me stay. Maybe I'd be more help if I were a real Pokémon Trainer, too... The professor... He never stops researching moves. Not even...inside the lab itself. Looks like we'll have to patch the roof again... And I had just washed his lab coat and finally gotten it clean, too. Now it'll be in shreds... and I'm no good at mending clothes... so he'll just have to buy another new one... We should probably go inside before he causes any more damage..."
- "Of course. However I can be a help.... I am supposed to be your assistant, right? 'It'...? Oh, I can tell you about Rotom. It is a peculiar Pokémon, with a body made up of something like electricity. It can take up residence in machines. And this will help how exactly? No, it's not! It's private! The professor has been kind enough to let me use it... There are four main islands that make up Alola, and a kahuna for each one of them. If you wish to be recognized by the kahunas as worthy, it's said you must clear seven trials. The island challenge... So this is how the people of Alola connect with the world around them."
- "Hold on a moment. Let me show you the Pokémon Center first. If you talk to the woman at the counter, she can restore your Pokémon to perfect health. It's amazing, isn't it? I can't stand seeing Pokémon in pain...You can also deposit Pokémon in the PC here or take them out. And at the Poké Mart you can buy all kinds of items that should help you during your trials. I'd take a look, if I were you. Over there is the café area. I like to relax there sometimes with a frosty glass of Moomoo Milk. I read something in a travel guide about Alola once... Apparently each Pokémon Center in Alola offers a different selection of drinks. I wonder how they pick what to serve? The cafés may also offer more than just drinks. I've heard they also sell special treats and sometimes the staff have tips for trial-goers. We should head to the Trainer's School next. But have your Pokémon taken care of first f you think that they need a little aid."
- "Here we are. You see, the Trainer's School is...It's a...a...What in the world?! Well, it looks like we won't be going that way anytime soon, thanks to Tauros there...But we were only planing to go as far as the Trainer's School anyway. We'll just leave that for someone else to deal with. Come. Follow me."
- Trainer's School
- After beating the four trainers
- "Oh, that's the school bell. What terrible thing did you do to get called to the office so soon?""
- Nothing!: "That's what you say."
- Well...: "So you did do something?"
- "You seemed to be in perfect sync with your <player's starter Pokémon>-weren't you? Um... Since we've come this far together, why don't I show you more of the city? Come on. There's lots to see.
- Route 1
- Hau'oli Outskirts
- "<player name>! Over here. You know... I was really impressed seeing how you battled with your Pokémon at the Trainers' School... And even back when you weren't yet a Pokémon Trainer, <player name>... you were able to save Nebby... You were chosen by your Pokémon so quickly... I understand why now. Oh! I forgot about Tauros!"
- "I was thinking I should show <player. around Hau'oli City a bit. All right. Let's all go together. Oh, Hau. I guess we should go catch up with him before he gets too far, <player>. Hau'oli City is the largest city in all Alola."
- Hau'oli City
- "<player name>, Hau... Did you visit the tourist bureau? How was it? What a wonderful helper you are, Rotom! Huh? Maybe Rotom just wants to flaunt its new camera function and take more photos... Have you thought about trying it out? I think I'll go stop by the apparel shop to do some shopping of my own..."
- "Oh. <player name>... Tell me, do you pick out all your own clothes?
- Of course I do: "Of course... Most people do, don't they..."
- My mom does it: "Oh, your mother must have a great sense of style then. I love the way you dress."
- "I...I've always just worn the clothes that my mother wanted to wear. I don't really know what kind of thing would suit me... Oh! But that's not why I stopped you. I meant to give you this, <player name>. I received it inside the apparel shop here. I didn't even buy anything, but they said I was the 99,999th customer to visit the store... But I already have the same one, so I thought that maybe you might...want it? It looks like we have something in common now, don't we, <player name>? Hee..."
- "Oh! Wait for me, <player name>! Oh, I'm glad to see a familiar face. I always get lost so quickly... I can't figure out the roads here... I can't even buy my own clothes... But you... You're moving on to your first trial? You're going to Verdant Cavern? I read something in an old book once. It said that the island challenges were once a journey made to prove yourself and gain the strength to battle against the guardian deities of Alola. Like Tapu Koko... The people in Iki Town said that Tapu Koko loves Pokémon battles, didn't they? If we could meet Tapu Koko once more, do you think we would find the answer to why it saved you and Nebby that day, <player name>? <player name>...Good luck on your first trial. I will hope that it goes well for you."
- Melemele Meadow
- "Nebby! Nebby, come back! Ah...<player name>...Nebby ran off into the meadow here...And right after it got into so much trouble on the bridge, too...What if a Pokémon attacks it? It doesn't have any moves it can use to battle!"
- "Oh, you! Thank you, <player name>. And I should thank <first Pokémon in party>, too. Here, let me at least do this...You know, I read something interesting in a book once...It seems the Pokémon called Oricorio changes appearance by feeding on the nectar from different types of flowers. It's not actually evolving but undergoing a so-called "form change." Isn't that interesting? I thought it was, anyway...Back into the bag, please, Nebby. I know there aren't many people around to see you here, but that's hardly an excuse! And I guess we should be going now... The professor will probably be worried after the way we just disappeared on him..."
- Route 3
- "What are you up to, Hau?"
- "What do you mean?"
- Iki Town
- "It's true... I'm not a Trainer, so I'm sure I don't really understand how hard it must have been...but even I think it's a great achievement."
- "Um...I actually wanted to ask a favor of you first, <player name>. If that's all right?
- Regardless of choice: "You see...Nebby is..."
- "Its real home is far away from here. And I want to help it get home. It;s like I told you before... Nebby saved my life once when I was in trouble. Now I want to save it! I feel like there's not much I can do on my own, since I'm not a Pokémon Trainer... But if I had a real Trainer like you helping me, <player name>, then maybe... But I probably shouldn't ask a near stranger to help, right? I know it's just my own wish and it has nothing to do with you..."
- Of course I'll help!:"Oh, thank you so much. I'm so glad! I really don't know what else to do!"
- Yeah, I don't know...:
- "Then I suppose... The two of us will be heading to the next island as well!"
- Hau'oli City
- "I quite like that it has a sense of history..."
- Sailing to Akala
- "If we push the boat much harder than this' we may all end up at the bottom of the ocean."
- Heahea City
- "Isn't it a bit late to declare "land ahoy" after you've already arrived onshore? ...Nebby. Back into the bag. Maybe I'll see about some shopping of my own...And I should find out about the ruins for Nebby's sake, too"
- "Oh! <player name>...
- You looking for the ruins?:"Yes, this little fellow will hardly sit still..."
- You looking for new clothes?:"Well, yes, I was doing that, too. But this little fellow will hardly sit still..."
- "I think Nebby might be interested in visiting the Ruins of Life. Apparently they house the sacred guardian of Akala Island. A creature called Tapu Lele. I wondered if you'd like to come with us when we go to visit the ruins. I mean...little Nebby here seems to like you quite a bit, <player name>...I'll be at Tide Song Hotel if you decide you want to come. I'm supposed to be meeting someone there... Someone very important to me... I'll be all right. I can see the building from here, after all. Even I shouldn't be able to lose my may. I think. And you! I'll have you stay in your bag, mister. I've heard that there is a group of terrible people around who try to steal Pokémon. A group called Team Skull. We need to be carefull if we want to escape the notice of such a collection of villains... Isn't that right, <player name>?"
- Aether House
- "Pokémon being abducted like that... Maybe even hurt... I just can't stand the idea! <player name>! Please... help them!"
- "You people..."
- "That was different... Nebby and I were both in trouble... That was the only reason why it used its power. So we both could escape with our lives... I know that I'm not capable of much myself, but I will not make it use that power again! I'm determined to not let that happen. That's why... this time I'll do whatever I can on my own even if I do find myself in trouble again."
- "Please... there is no need to hurt anyone else here. I will go with you willingly. Wherever you want."
- Aether Paradise
- Lusamine's Room
- "Y... you came? You actually came to help me, <player>? Thank you... Thank you!"
- "I don't need your approval, Mother! Or your permission! I will save Cosmog!"
- "I'm not being foolish or selfish... I am asking you to listen, Mother! Do not sacrifice Cosmog for that beast's sake! If you open the Ultra Wormhole, Cosmog will... Comsog will die!"
- "<player>... I really am happy that you came after me... but... but... I have to be selfish again... I have to ask you one more time... Please... Help me! Help Nebby! We have to save Nebby!"
- Lusamine's Trophy Room
- "Wh-what is this place... ?"
- "Please... stop... If Nebby isn't- If you make it use up too much of its power... you don't understand what will happen! Like when we ran away from the Paradise... It couldn't even move for ages after that..."
- "If you use too much of its power, it will die!"
- "<player>! We have to get Nebby back!"
- "Nebby... are you... all right?"
- "It changed forms... and it's not moving..."
- Lusamine's Room
- "I have to thank you both... Both you, <player>, and you, Hau..."
- "I think... I'll sleep here. In the bed that I once shared with my mother when I was small... Just one last time..."
- Outside (the next day)
- "I picked these clothes up in Malie... Do you think they suit me?"
- Sure do: "Oh, <player>... Thank you!"
- I don't know...: "Oh, <player>! I'm really trying hard here, you know!"
- "I feel like there's so much I have to do now... to save Nebby... to save my mother..."
- "I... I want to be like you, <player>. I want to be strong enough to face any trial."
- "That's why I'm going to try my hardest! This is my Z-Powered form!"
- "But... what are you going to do, Gladion?"
- "Yes, it's me! Now I'm ready to use my full force, too!"
- "I was really glad that you came, too, Hau."
- "Come on, <player>! Let's show the world what we can really do!"
- B1F Dock
- "Let's go, <player>! No holding back!"
- Seafolk Village
- "Gladion... thank you for this."
- "But... but when you took Null and left Aether Paradise two years ago... you left me alone with Mother! She was so bad after you left! If I hadn't had Wicke with me..."
- "<player>. I'm OK. You don't have to worry. I know what I have to do now."
- "And... I don't know. Maybe it sounds strange, but... I'm kind of excited."
- "O-oh my goodness!"
- "I-I'm sorry. Who are you?"
- "We're looking for the kahuna."
- "Oh! So Hapu lives here on Poni Island? Thank you very much, Chief! Let's go, <player>! It will be good to see Hapu and Mudsdale again!"
- Poni Wilds
- "I'll do my best to keep up, <player>. I'll be fine! I've got Max Repels with me. And I've got you, too..."
- "Poni Island... It's a completely different kind of island, isn't it?"
- Ancient Poni Path
- "It's good to see you again, too, Mudsdale! You look to be in fine form."
- "Wow... Pokémon Trainers really do amaze me. It seems like a hard path to walk, and even so, you don't let yourself be held back by the fear of seeing your Pokémon friends get hurt... You just keep striving forward together..."
- "Yes. It's good to see you, Hapu!"
- "Thank you, Hapu. I've finally discovered what I need to do. So this is my Z-Powered form!"
- "Um, so, Hapu... do you know where we can find the kahuna?"
- "What?! Now what do we do, Matt... ?"
- "<player>... we just have to keep going, right! But then again... you are a Trainer, aren't you? I suppose you always keep moving forward!"
- "I-I'm sorry. I don't think we've been introduced..."
- "Thank you very much, ma'am! You have been a great help!"
- "The Ruins of Hope... that is where the guardian of Poni Island will be. That is where Tapu Fini lives. Let's go!"
- Ruins of Hope
- "The Ruins of Hope... What is this place... ? The air feels so oppressive... But... but if we go in there... maybe Nebby will return to normal!"
- "The people believe that the guardian deity of these ruins, Tapu Fini, can wash away any impurities with its mystic water..."
- "That sounds promising: "That's right it does, <player>! I'm going to give it my all so that we can return Nebby back to normal!"
- You think that'll work?: "Oh, honestly, <player>! I'm going to make sure that Nebby gets right back to normal, just to show you!"
- "So just you wait, Nebby! This time I'm going to be the one who saves you!"
- "Come on, <player>! Let's go!"
- "If we're going to break a path, we need to move these huge rocks! That's what Hapu's grandmother said, isn't it?"
- "... Unghh!!"
- "I don't think I can do this... I-it's heavier than words can even express..."
- "We'll have to borrow Machamp's formidable strength for this task. I read about it once in a book. If I remember right, it said... "When getting a ride from a powerful Machamp, Trainers can activate Machamp's Shove by standing before a rock and pressing B!" And if we find ourselves getting frustrated, we should probably remember to step outside again for a bit of perspective."
- "I've read about them, you know... Alola's sacred ruins... and the guardian deities worshipped within them. They go wherever they want, so it's not easy to meet them... according to the books I've read. But if they are summoned here at the ruins, they do sometimes appear."
- "The books say that they are, well, capricious. Encounters with them do not always end as you hope they will. Maybe that explains why... even coming here to these ruins hasn't evoked any response from Nebby..."
- "Oh! There's Hapu!"
- "O-oh! Of course! Then please, Kahuna Hapu! Tell me about the Legendary Pokémon!"
- "My mother disappeared into the beast's world... I know that she was a terrible person, but she is still my mother. I need to see her again, to tell her something. That's why I want to ask the Legendary Pokémon for its help... The Legendary Pokémon is the only one who can go back and forth between worlds!"
- "Oh, thank you, Hapu!"
- "This is the Moon FluteS/Sun FluteM. It seems that my mother had it..."
- "Exeggutor Island... I think I've read about it before. It's an uninhabited island off the coast of Poni, isn't that right?"
- Seafolk Village (after visiting Ruins of Hope)
- "Thank you, Hapu! And thank you, Mudsdale!"
- "F-friends... ? An amazing Trainer like Hapu considers me... a friend?"
- "Thank you, Hapu! I will not give up, no matter what!"
- "Yes! And Hapu was made the new kahuna!"
- "Yes. Hapu will do her best for her late grandfather... as I must do my best for my mother's sake. And for Nebby, as well."
- "A-and so! There's a place that we need to go."
- Exeggutor Island
- "Let's go find that flute! Right? Trainers really can go anywhere as long as they have their Pokémon, can't they? I think I'm beginning to understand the appeal."
- End Credits
- "Everyone's smiles shine so brightly. Those smiles led us to so many other people. And those meetings will lead us to a bright future. I'm so glad I got to meet everyone. I'm so glad I got to meet you."
In the anime
- Main article: Lillie (anime)
Lillie first appeared in Alola to New Adventure!. She is a student at the Pokémon School of Melemele Island and one of Ash's classmates. She loves studying Pokémon and has a great deal of knowledge about the species native to the Alola region, but is hesitant and afraid to touch them.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Lillie in Pokémon Adventures
Lillie debuts in the Sun & Moon chapter. She is first seen as a participant in a tournament taking place in a festival held in Iki Town. Before the tournament officially starts, Moon and Olivia travel to the tent Lillie stays in to place in her in the tournament, but it is interrupted when Nebby breaks out of Lillie's bag and runs away. The three travel to Mahalo Trail, where they find Nebby being harassed by a group of wild Spearow.
With Lillie too scared to save Nebby, Moon steps in to help instead. As she defends Nebby from the Spearow, Nebby uses its power to create a large explosion, destroying the bridge they were standing on. Moon is saved from falling into the water by Tapu Koko and is placed back onto the ground. Lillie reveals that she was entered in the tournament as a mistake due to Nebby trying to escape from her bag at the wrong moment. Olivia offers to have Lillie withdrawn from the tournament, but Moon decides to take Lillie's place instead.
Afterward, Lillie goes to Professor Kukui's house, where she meets with Professor Burnet. They watch the festival on the television, but Lillie ends up falling asleep during the second battle and begins dreaming about her mother and brother.
- Main article: Nebby
Nebby (Japanese: ほしぐもちゃん Hoshigumo-chan) is Lillie's only known Pokémon. It was first seen escaping from Lillie's bag and running off to Mahalo Trail, where it was attacked by wild Spearow. When Moon stepped in to save it, Nebby broke the bridge they were standing on, causing both to fall towards the water until they were saved by Tapu Koko.
|| Sun & Moon chapter
In the TCG
This listing is of cards mentioning or featuring Lillie in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- Lillie shares several similarities with N. Both are characters who initially dislike Pokémon battles (but warm up to them later on), are met by the player throughout their journey, have a special connection to the game's Legendary mascot Pokémon, and are the children of the game's primary antagonist. They also both leave for a distant land at the end of the games they first appear in for personal purposes.
|| リーリエ Lilie
|| From Lilie, German for lily
| English, Dutch,
|| From her Japanese name
|| From her Japanese name
|| From her Japanese name
| Italian, Spanish
|| Similar to her Japanese name
|| 릴리에 Rillie
|| Transliteration of Japanese name
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 莉莉艾 Lìlì'ài
|| Transliteration of Japanese name
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 莉莉艾 Leihleihngaaih
|| Mandarin-based transliteration of her Japanese name
| Brazilian Portuguese
|| Similar to her Japanese name
|| Лилли Lilli*
| Transcription of English name|
From English name
|| ลิเลีย Lillie
|| Transliteration of Japanese name