From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Cassius (Japanese: クロケア Crocea) is a computer technician currently residing in Camphrier Town in Kalos.
In the games
Cassius is the maintainer of the Pokémon Storage System in Kalos. He was asked by Bill to take on the role.
- "Yo, how's it going there? I'm Cassius. Check this out. You know what I'm doing here? I'm keeping the PC Box running! No, seriously! Bill over in Kanto asked me to come here and run things. For real! Enough with the introductions. Get out there, catch some Pokémon, and put 'em in the PC! Yo, you got something you wanna ask me? I ain't got all day, you know?"
- Boxes: "Boxes are pretty sweet. You can store up to 30 of your Pokémon in a single Box. You start out with only eight of 'em, but the more Pokémon you deposit, the more Boxes will appear! No, seriously! It's like magic! That's not all, either. You can swap whole Boxes at once if you want. For real!"
- The Battle Box: "The Battle Box is no joke, yo! Got Pokémon you use in battle a lot? Put up to six of 'em in the Battle Box. Hold up--I'll explain why. See, if you're having a Link Battle over the Internet, local wireless, infrared connection, or by using the Battle Spot, you can choose to use the Pokémon in your Battle Box instead of the ones in your party. That means you don't have to go to the trouble of moving around Pokémon before a battle. It's crazy convenient! For real!"
- Trays: "Trays are totally awesome, dude! They let you select a bunch of Pokémon at a time and move 'em around the PC Box. No, seriously! They're a lifesaver once you've caught a lot of Pokémon."
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Cassius in Pokémon Adventures
Cassius is first seen talking to Bill about the Kalos Storage System. Bill gets annoyed by Cassius constantly ignoring his words. When Cassius' friends ask what's wrong, Cassius notes that he hears strange noises coming from Parfum Palace, which he wants go over and investigate.
This listing is of Cassius' Pokémon in the Pokémon Adventures manga.
| Gourgeist was sent out to help Y, Shauna and Tierno stop the Team Flare Grunt's four Espurr. It had successfully caught three of them and afterwards, helped Cassius and the others.
None of Gourgeist's moves are known.
|| X & Y chapter
In the TCG
- Main article: Cassius (XY 115)
Cassius was introduced as a Supporter card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game during the English XY Series (the Japanese XY Era). First released in the Japanese Collection Y expansion, the Cassius card later debuted in English in the XY expansion, with both prints featuring an illustration by Masakazu Fukuda. This Trainer card allows the player to shuffle one Pokémon, and all cards attached to it, back into their deck.
- He is the only regional computer technician not to be affirmed as having created the system they maintain.
- According to Lumiose City residents, a more accurate representation of the PC Creator archetype may be found in the Gym Leader Clemont, who is implied and mentioned to have invented or improved upon various major gameplay mechanics, including but not limited to, Super Training and the PSS.
|| クロケア Crocea
|| From Cassine crocea
|| From the genus Cassine and possibly chassis or Casio
| French, German,
|| Possibly from OLIVER, olivetier jaune (a French name for Cassine crocea), or Bermuda olivewood
|| Possibly from OLIVER, olivetier jaune, or Bermuda olivewood
|| 크로케아 Keurokea
|| Transliteration of Japanese name
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 酷羅凱爾 Kùluókǎiěr
|| Transliteration of his Japanese name.