From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- If you were looking for the mother of Tate and Liza in the anime, see Rachel (anime).
Rachel (Japanese: チェッタ Chetta) is a character introduced in Pokémon Masters EX.
In the games
Rachel, along with Sawyer, is one of Lear's subordinates. Despite his arrogant tendencies, Rachel respects Lear for his single-minded dedication.
- Menu interface (voice clips)
- "You can do it!"
- "Seee ya!"
- Battle interface (voice clips)
- "Let's turn it up."
- "I'm gonna crush youuu!"
- Main Story Chapter 5 - The High-Flying Girl
- "Good for you, Master Lear."
- Main Story Chapter 19 - Rematch vs. Lear!
- More Precious than Victory
- "Uh-oh! Better watch out. Lear's Staraptor is waaay stronger than the Krookodile you fought with Haxorus."
- "We'll toootally support you in this battle, Master Lear. You can count on me 'n' Sawyer--"
- "Master Lear..."
- "Master Lear..."
- "Stone, shmone! Master Lear's been crushin' it battle after battle for a long time without having to use one."
- "It is a liiittle lonely..."
- See you in the tournament, Lear!: "<Player>..."
- "Awww, cheer up, Master Lear."
- "It's making me sad to see you all down in the dumps like this. Where'd all o' your arrogant laughter go?"
- "Sawyer? What's going on?!"
- Main Story Chapter 20 - Shifting Shadows
- "Oof! Hope they didn't spot me..."
- Main Story Interlude 3 - The Truth about Pasio
- "...And then supposedly this suuuper strong Trainer named Cynthia rolled in and defeated pretty much all of Team Break!"
- "Long story short: the hideout I found was a dud."
- "Anyways...are you sure it was a good idea to ditch the opening ceremony so you could keep searchin', Master Lear?"
- "Hm? Did you say something?"
- "Mmm... I'm sure he'll thunder into this cave any minute now."
- "His name's Cheren. He's one of <player>'s teammates."
- "Uhhh, so what if we did? You tryin' to accuse us of some kinda crime?"
- "For your information, Hoopa was totally happy to do it for us when we gave it donuts. It's, like, mutually beneficial or whatever."
- "Master Lear..."
- Main Story Interlude 4 - The Once-Charming Prince
- "Yeah, like, let us give you a ha--"
- "You again? Whyyy do you keep, like, barging in wherever we go?"
- "Sorry, but your teacherly instincts are nooot our style. We don't need your help, like, at all."
- "Right, Sawyer?"
- "Heeey. You, like, falling asleep over there?"
- "Whaaat?! What are you even saying?"
- "Like...I guess, but still..."
- "If you're really that sure, Sawyer, then I guess it's fine... Not that I'm, like, bursting with confidence in this guy."
- "Yeeeah, back in the day. He could count on us for anything, and he was a real sweetheart to Pokémon, too."
- "But things were never really the same after Her Majesty the queen passed away."
- "We were, like, shocked. Our little Master Lear suddenly couldn't trust anyone but himself."
- "He started saying awful things, like, like telling people and Pokémon they were just dead weight dragging him down."
- "Kiiinda like what he said back there."
- "You haven't won my trust juuust yet, you know."
- "But if you're gonna do it, like, give it all you got. This is Master Lear we're talking about."
- "Did HE stutter? We're saying, like, so long."
- "Yeah, sooo, peace out..."
- "Master Lear."
- Main Story Interlude 5 - What Makes a King
- "Hey, Sawyer, are you suuure this is a good idea?"
- "I know Cheren said to, like, keep our distance from Master Lear, but I dunno..."
- "But, like, come on..."
- "Heeey! No fair! Here I was trying to be patient!"
- "Master Leeear! Just so you know, I'm way more worried about you than Sawyer is!"
- Legendary Event - The Beast That Devours the Sun
- "Huh? Did those goons just teleport another sync pair to Pasio? I guess I should go welcome whoever it is..."
- "Whoa... Uhh, OK. Wow. Is that Pokémon what I think it is? Uhh, Team Break definitely upped their game this time!"
- "M-maybe this'll be a good thing... More for people to celebrate, right? I mean, as long as it'll help us stir up some excitement, right?"
- Story Event - Summer Superstars
- "Ah! Sooorry."
- "But it's, like, summer, y'know? The time for playing in the water and going to festivals and all that fun stuff."
- "It's enough to make me wanna sing a little song, y'knooow?"
- "Huuuh? Did I just do something right?"
- The Sync Pair Music Festival!
- "I'm sooooo jealous. You guys better show some gratitude to Master Lear, 'kay?"
- "Master Lear looks toootally happy."
- "That's totally craaazy, Master Lear. I'm sooo jealous."
In the anime
In the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer
Rachel briefly appeared in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer in a montage.
|| チェッタ Chetta
|| From ラチェット ratchet
|| From ratchet
|| From her Japanese name
|| From sierra (saw)
|| From clé à cliquet (ratchet wrench)
|| From cricchetto (ratchet)
|| 치터 Chiteo
|| From 래칫 ratchet
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 棘兒 Jí'ér
|| From 棘輪 jílún / gīklèuhn (ratchet) and 兒 ér / yìh (diminutive suffix)
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 棘兒 Gīk'yìh