From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Sawyer (Japanese: ドリバル Drival) is a character introduced in Pokémon Masters EX.
In the games
Sawyer, along with Rachel, is one of Lear's subordinates.
- Menu interface (voice clips)
- "No sweat."
- "All right."
- "No way."
- "Nice work."
- "Counting on you."
- "Hey, you."
- "Come at me!"
- Battle interface (voice clips)
- "I'm taking you down with style."
- "Hasta la vista."
- "Hope you're ready."
- "Hmph! Well, a loss is a loss."
- Main Story Chapter 5 - The High-Flying Girl
- "Well done as always, young master."
- Main Story Chapter 19 - Rematch vs. Lear!
- More Precious than Victory
- "Young master... May I say something?"
- "<Player> and his/her team may not be perfect, but they were strong enough to qualify for the finals, so be careful."
- "Y-young master?"
- "Young master..."
- "Exactly! The young master's worked harder than anyone else to get to where he is now and to become the ultimate victor."
- "He can win without using sync moves--and without help from anyone else!"
- Our next battle will be at the PML!: "<Player>..."
- "Young master..."
- "Your father, the king, made you a promise. If the PML is a success here on Pasio, he'll name you as the heir to his throne."
- "His highness won't go back on his word just because you lost a Pokémon battle... That's not gonna happen."
- "I think you'll be a great king someday--one who's worthy of succeeding your father on the throne."
- "Have a little faith, young master..."
- "Young master?"
- "Huh? Why would the royal manor be calling at a time like this?"
- "This is Sawyer speaking. Apologies, but now is not a good--"
- "Wh-what?! Are you sure?! How could security let this happen?!"
- "We've got an emergency, young master! I just got word that some thieves have entered the royal manor, and..."
- "they've taken it, sir!"
- Main Story Chapter 21 - Face the Fight!
- "All right, listen up! We're starting the opening ceremony for the PML finals!"
- "You and your Pokémon all pushed yourselves to the limit to make it this far in the competition."
- "You all got guts--that's for sure! Pat yourselves on the back!"
- "But that's not good enough, is it? I figure most of you came here to win..."
- "so let's see it! Duke it out to your heart's content! You're here to prove that you're the best, aren't you? Well, here's your chance!"
- "The PML finals is your stage! It's time to show off!"
- Main Story Interlude 3 - The Truth about Pasio
- "Sorry I'm late, young master!"
- "That's right. And we sent people back home if they didn't want to stay on Pasio, all right?"
- "All we wanted to do was use Hoopa's powers to ramp up the excitement around here for the tournament!"
- "Young master..."
- "Y-yeah! Coming right now!"
- Main Story Interlude 4 - The Once-Charming Prince
- "Wait, young master! We came to back you up!"
- "B-but, young master..."
- "Your strength is a sight to behold, young master. But if you keep shouldering all these burdens alone..."
- "Young master!"
- "... ... ..."
- "Listen, kid--I mean, Cheren. I took the liberty of looking up a little more about you."
- "I know you didn't get to be a teacher without some leadership skills."
- "So what do you say to using those skills...to help our young master find his way?"
- "Ever since he lost to <player>, the young master's been growing more and more obsessed with becoming powerful."
- "He can't afford to go on that way."
- "I'm worried the young master'll get himself into big trouble if he takes the throne without learning what it means to be a true king first."
- "You see it too, don't you, Rachel? That temperament of his isn't kingly at all."
- "Let's enlist Cheren's help. It's for the young master's sake, after all."
- "I know that to you, the young master probably looks like some power-obsessed snob who treats people and Pokémon like tools."
- "But he used to be a kind boy--the type of son you'd hope to see in a royal family."
- "Right. After she passed, His Majesty the king took the young master from our care and sent him off to a strict school."
- "And when he came back, there wasn't much left of the kind boy we knew."
- "I've been hoping that running the PML would help him work through some of his troubles."
- "Think about the meaning of the five badges and how the tournament's structure allows Trainers to team up with sync pairs they've battled against."
- "The rules don't really sound like something the young master'd come up with, do they? That's cause I'm the one who made the arrangements."
- "The idea was that the setup would help him remember what it's like to trust people and Pokémon."
- "But my efforts weren't enough to make any difference in the young master."
- "Please, Cheren--make the difference I couldn't."
- "Help him find his old self who cared so much about those close to him...so he can become a worthy king."
- "All right! Thank you. It means a lot to me."
- "Well, to tell the truth, we don't get the deal with Hoopa ourselves."
- "The young master just showed up with it all of a sudden after we decided to put together the PML."
- "He wouldn't tell us where or how he met it, let alone why it's helping him."
- "... ... ..."
- "I'm afraid we're done going along with your plans."
- "Absolutely. We're giving up on you. We've had enough."
- "I really hoped that if you got to know lots of other sync pairs here, it'd bring back the good in you."
- "But if your recent behavior is anything to go by, it seems I set my hopes too high."
- "It's such a shame. It really is."
- "We're leaving Pasio. Excuse us."
- Main Story Interlude 5 - What Makes a King
- "Well, he had a point. We do tend to be a little indulgent with the young master."
- "So if Cheren says a little separation is what's best for the young master..."
- "I don't think we have much choice but to believe him."
- "Ngh. I hope he's all right..."
- "Gaaah! I can't stand it! Young master, it's killing me to leave you like this! But I've gotta stand firm for your sake!"
- "No, you're not! My care for the young master runs waaay deeper than yours and you know it!"
- "Young master! I believe in you! I know you'll become worthy of the crown!"
- Battle Villa
- "Well, fancy that. I had a feeling you could handle yourself in here, <player>. Guess I wasn't wrong..."
- "You know what comes next, right, kid? Time to throw down! Come at me!"
- "Impressive! No wonder you've been givin' the young master a run for his money."
- "Hah! Good battle, kid."
- Story Event - Summer Superstars
- The Sync Pair Music Festival!
- "Well done as always, young master! How generous of you!"
- "Steven has a lot of fans, after all. We'll probably get a lot of business after this."
- "What wonderful thoughtfulness! Well done as always, young master!"
In the anime
In the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer
Sawyer briefly appeared in the Pokémon Masters Animated Trailer in a montage.
|| ドリバル Drival
|| From ドライバー driver, short for screwdriver
|| From saw
|| From his Japanese name
|| From destornillador (screwdriver)
|| From tournevis (screwdriver)
|| From giravite (screwdriver)
|| 드리버 Driver
|| From 드라이버 driver, short for screwdriver
| Chinese (Mandarin)
|| 螺伯 Luóbó
|| From 螺絲刀 luósīdāo / lòhsīdōu (screwdriver) and 伯 bó / baak (respectful term for an older man)
| Chinese (Cantonese)
|| 螺伯 Lòhbaak