Check the Bulbagarden home page for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in the Bulbagarden Discord server.
List of items by index number (Generation IV)
Each item has an index number that identifies it in any game. The following list enumerates them according to the way they are stored in the Generation IV Nintendo DS games.
Before Generation IV, the index number for a given item is not consistent between generations. For example, the Moon Stone in Generation III is index 94, but in Generation IV it is index 81. In games after Generation IV, items may be added (or occasionally updated), but they are not removed. Moon Stone is index 81 in all games since Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
Rows highlighted in gray indicate items introduced in Pokémon Platinum; rows highlighted in gold were introduced in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (or exclusive if next to a row with the same index); and rows highlighted in blue are exclusive to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
Coming into Generation IV, the names and sprites of a few items were changed.
Both the name and sprite of the Itemfinder/Dowsing MCHN were changed.
Both the name and sprite of the Itemfinder/Dowsing MCHN were changed (see above).
- There are some items which are not available during normal gameplay, such as region-exclusive items or items which have no actual purpose in the final releases. The only way to get these items, other than the Seal Bag, is through cheating.
- All items from Generation IV appear in Generation V, except for Mail, HM07, and HM08. Most of the Key Items are unobtainable.
- While the blank items in the middle of the list can be displayed, the "items" after the last item in the list cannot. The list can be viewed in-game if such item exists in the save file, but these items are unnamed and the game crashes when selected. If these items are given to Pokémon and put on the GTS, then they will crash the game if that Pokémon is selected.
- List of items by pocket (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum)
- List of items by pocket (HeartGold and SoulSilver)
- List of Key Items (Generation IV)
|This article is part of both Project ItemDex and Project Games, Bulbapedia projects that, together, aim to write comprehensive articles on the items in the Pokémon world and the Pokémon games, respectively.|