From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The setting for the competition
The Lumiose Conference (Japanese: ミアレ大会 Miare Conference) is the Kalos League general championship competition.
The conference is held in Lumiose City, but unlike most other League conferences, the conference isn't held there annually, and its location was only revealed shortly before the competition, with the League Stadium still being under construction at the time of the announcement. The conference began in A League of His Own! and concluded in Down to the Fiery Finish!, with the closing ceremony being interrupted by Team Flare attacking the city with Z2 and causing massive damage to it and the stadium.
The opening ceremony consists of two women releasing multiple Fletchling from a large-sized Poké Ball and Champion Diantha welcoming the competing Trainers.
The scoreboard for the Full Battles
The preliminary rounds consist of three-on-three matches with random match-ups decided by a computer. When all three Pokémon on one side are deemed unable to battle by a referee, the Trainer is knocked out of the tournament. In the first round, the 64 competing Trainers are reduced to 32 Trainers. This continues with each round until there are only eight competitors left for the quarter-finals.
The quarter-finals begin when only eight Trainers remain out of the 64 competing Trainers. The quarter-finals consist of three-on-three matches, identical to the match set up in the preliminary rounds. When all three Pokémon on one side are deemed unable to battle by a referee, the Trainer is eliminated. The four winning Trainers will move on to the semi-finals.
The semi-finals consist of Full Battles. When three Pokémon on one side are deemed unable to battle, both Trainers take a short break while the battlefield is changed. When all six Pokémon on one side are deemed unable to battle by a referee, the Trainer is eliminated. The two winning Trainers will move on to face each other in the finals.
The finals consist of a Full Battle. When three Pokémon on one side are deemed unable to battle, both Trainers take a short break while the battlefield is changed. When all six Pokémon on one side are deemed unable to battle by a referee, the Trainer loses, and their opponent is declared the winner of the Lumiose Conference.
Alain, the winner, with the Lumiose Championship Trophy
- The Lumiose Conference is the League Conference where Ash has placed the highest, ranking as the runner-up, surpassing his Top 4 position in the Lily of the Valley Conference.
- The Lumiose Conference was the first League Conference to use themed battlefields other than the traditional Water, Grass, Ice, and Rock fields.
- With the exception of Ash, all named participants seen battling in the Lumiose Conference used at least one Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution.
- All three of the starter-exclusive Hyper Beam variants—Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon—were seen during the conference.
- This is the first Pokémon League Conference to be held in a city with a Gym and to have Full Battles start only at the semi-finals.
- The Lumiose Conference's location may be a reference to the ending of Pokémon X and Y, where a parade is held in Lumiose City after the player becomes the Champion.
- Trainers from the Vertress Conference were shown on the scoreboard for the preliminary battles.
| Anime-exclusive Pokémon competitions