From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Johto League (Japanese: ジョウトリーグ Jōto League) is the regional Pokémon League of the Johto region. It consists of a network of eight Gyms and the Elite Four. Less commonly, it is known as the Silver League, usually when referring to the anime.
Pokémon Trainers who earn eight Badges from sanctioned Johto League Gyms qualify to fight in Johto League competitions.
In the anime, the Silver Conference is the Johto League's annual championship competitions. It is held at the base of Mt. Silver.
The Indigo League and Johto League share a single group of Elite Four and Champion; eight Badges from either region will allow a Trainer to battle the Elite Four at Indigo Plateau.
- Each of the Johto Gym Leaders except Bugsy has a type advantage against the next Gym Leader.
- Falkner's Flying-type is strong against Bugsy's Bug-type.
- Bugsy is the exception as Bug-type is neutral against Normal-type.
- Whitney's Normal-type is immune to Morty's Ghost-type.
- Morty's Ghost-type is immune to Chuck's Fighting-type.
- Chuck's Fighting-type is strong against Jasmine's Steel-type.
- Jasmine's Steel-type is strong against Pryce's Ice-type.
- Pryce's Ice-type is strong against Clair's Dragon-type.
- Note that if Whitney were replaced with a Dark-type specialist, then this pattern would be complete as Dark is weak against Bug and strong against Ghost.
- Each of the Johto Elite Four also has a type advantage against the next Elite Four member, with the last member additionally having a type advantage against the first.
- Will's Psychic-type is strong against Koga's Poison-type.
- Koga's Poison-type is resistant to Bruno's Fighting-type.
- Bruno's Fighting-type is strong against Karen's Dark-type.
- Karen's Dark-type is strong against Will's Psychic-type.
- None of Johto's Gym Leaders specialize in the same type as a Kanto Gym Leader.
- Although called the Johto League, the Elite Four was technically located in Kanto instead of in Johto in the games.