Artwork with Pineco
|Specialty||Bug , Steel|
In the games
|Warrior Skill||Deep Breath|
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 55% link with Pineco or Forretress.
|The Legend of Ransei||Unite Ransei stories||Collect 100 Pokémon stories||Defeat Nobunaga stories||Two Heroes of Ransei|
- Start of turn:
- When asleep:
- "Still lounging about, are we?"
- With low health or a status ailment:
- When victory is near:
- "Oh! We may be able to win this!"
- "Let's go!"
- Start of battle:
- When attacking a castle:
- "Oh! I wonder if they play Pokémari?"
- When defending a castle:
- "Oh! Battles are such fun!"
- During battle:
- "Ohh! I can't see any Pokémari balls around here at all! Doesn't anyone ever play Pokémari on this battlefield?"
- When ordering to attack:
- "It's <move's name> time!"
- When ordering to go to battle:
- To a kingdom:
- "I shall spread the joy of Pokémari throughout this land!"
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- "Time for some fun, I say!"
- Upon forming a link:
- "I linked with <Pokémon's name>! Now we'll always be together!"
- When using an item:
- "<Item>...? Yes, let's do it!"
- When using his Warrior Skill:
- "This should bring us some peace!"
- After winning a battle:
- If he attacked a castle:
- "We won! What a delightful result!"
- If he defended a castle:
- "You see! I don't miss a thing in battle!"
- When defeated:
- If recruitable:
- "You're so nimble! Have you considered trying your hand at Pokémari?"
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "Ohh... Oh no!"
- "<Pokémon's name> and I will retreat, I think."
- When being recruited:
- "Thank you! I'll most gladly join you!"
Once a talented fighter, he now prefers to devote his energy to the game of Pokémari. A dandy with little knowledge of how the real world works, his naivety often lands him in troubles.
In the manga
In the Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition ~ Ranse's Color Picture Scroll ~ manga
Yoshimoto debuted in The Green Scroll: Kenshin's Adventure.
|Pineco is Yoshimoto's only known Pokémon.|
|Debut||The Green Scroll: Kenshin's Adventure|
- Yoshimoto's appearance and interest in Pokémari is probably a reference to the fact that the real life Imagawa Yoshimoto was a fan of Noh (a form of Japanese opera) and Waka (a type of Japanese poetry).
Yoshimoto is based on the real-life Imagawa Yoshimoto of Japanese history. Ujichika (Imagawa Ujichika) was his father, Sessai (Taigen Sessai) was his uncle, and Ujizane (Imagawa Ujizane) was his son. Yasutomo (Asahina Yasutomo), Motozane (Abe Motozane), and Masatsuna (Okabe Masatsuna) were all samurai under him.
|Aurora||Hero/Heroine • Oichi|
|Ignis||Hideyoshi • Hanbei • Kanbei|
|Violight||Ginchiyo • Muneshige|
|Terrera||Shingen • Yukimura • Kunoichi|
|Illusio||Kenshin • Kanetsugu • Aya|
|Cragspur||Ujiyasu • Kai|
|Viperia||Nene • Hanzō|
|Avia||Masamune • Magoichi|
|Valora||Ieyasu • Tadakatsu • Ina|
|Spectra||Nō • Okuni|
|Nixtorm||Mitsuhide • Gracia|
|Dragnor||Nobunaga • Ranmaru|
|No Kingdom||Keiji •|
Mitsunari • Kiyomasa • Masanori
|This game character article is part of Project CharacterDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each character found in the Pokémon games.|