From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Kanetsugu with Gardevoir
| Default Pokémon
Kanetsugu (Japanese: カネツグ) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
In the games
| Warrior Skill
| Perfect Links
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Kadabra or Alakazam while Kenshin is in the same kingdom.
- "Wake up!"
- With low health or a status ailment:
- "This is grim..."
- "This path leads to victory!"
- "For honor!"
- "For all my beloved Pokémon!"
- "Our army will stand and fight!"
- "<Pokémon's name>, victories won with mere numbers will not sway the people's hearts. No, indeed! It is those won with honor which lead the world to truth."
- "<Move's name>! Now!'"
- When ordering to go to battle:
- "True justice knows no enemies. Let us go!"
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- "We must venture forth!"
- "<Pokémon's name> and I are now linked through our love of the just and the good."
- "You must use my <item>."
- "Know the true meaning of honor!"
- "Behold! This is a victory for truth and honor!"
- "The dishonorable shall never set foot within this castle!"
- "We have fought tooth and nail, but I sense we could one day be allies."
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "Oh... How embarrassing..."
- "Honor cannot be defeated... It must not be!"
- "Let us journey together toward the truth!"
- When the player's army has conquered 10 kingdoms:
- "Hm, <player>'s army keeps getting stronger... Their selfish progress must be stopped by our love of honor!"
Warmhearted and very dutiful, he will always attempt to punish anyone he feels has been unjust, in a bid to show them the true path.
In the manga
In the Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition ~ Ranse's Color Picture Scroll ~ manga
Kanetsugu debuted in The Green Scroll: Kenshin's Adventure.
- His use of ofuda is reminiscent of an onmyōji.
- The kanji on his helmet is the character for "love." Despite its unusual design, it is not a fictional creation but was featured on his helmet.
Kanetsugu is based on the real-life Naoe Kanetsugu of Japanese history. He was married to Sen (Osen no kata).