From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Montenevera (Japanese: フリッジタウン Fridge Town) is a town located on Glaseado Mountain in the Paldea region. It is the only settlement in Paldea's North Province.
Like many other settlements in the Pokémon world, Montenevera has a Pokémon Gym, headed by Ryme, who specializes in Ghost-type Pokémon and hands out the Ghost Badge to students who defeat her. It is one of two gyms on Glaseado Mountain, the other being the Glaseado Gym located next to a nearby ski slope.
Next to the Pokémon Center, a man with an Abomasnow can Hyper Train the player's Pokémon, if they are above level 50, in exchange for a Bottle Cap or Gold Bottle Cap. This will max out that Pokémon's chosen IV (if using a Bottle Cap) or all of the chosen Pokémon's IVs (if using a Gold Bottle Cap).
Places of interest
- Main article: Montenevera Gym
The Montenevera Gym is the official Gym of Montenevera. The Gym Leader is Ryme, who specializes in Ghost-type Pokémon. Montenevera's battle court is located just outside of the Gym building, and doubles as a stage where Ryme holds her concerts.
- Main article: Chansey Supply
Chansey Supply is a chain store that sells medicines, battle items, and mints. It has one location in Montenevera, by the southern entrance of the town.
- Main article: Chic Kebab
Chic Kebab is a vending cart chain that sells grilled foods which provide Meal Powers. It has one location in Montenevera, in the central plaza of town.
- Main article: Deli Cioso
Deli Cioso is a chain store that sells various sandwich ingredients. It has one location in Montenevera, in the northern row of buildings in the central plaza of town.
Every Wich Way
- Main article: Every Wich Way
Every Wich Way is a restaurant chain that sells sandwiches which provide Meal Powers. It has one location in Montenevera, in the northern row of buildings in the central plaza of town.
Sushi High Roller
- Main article: Sushi High Roller (Paldea)
Sushi High Roller is a restaurant chain that primarily sells sushi dishes which provide Meal Powers. It has one location in Montenevera, by the northern entrance of the town.
There are several vending machines located across town:
- By the northern entrance of the town
- By the southern entrance of the town
- In the central plaza of town (×2)
|Behind the Gym building
| S V
|TM95 (Leech Life)
|Underneath a tree in the northwest
| S V
|Exp. Candy M ×2
- On top a snow heap near the Hyper Trainer
- Next to a tree near the southern entrance to the town
| S V
|Under a tree and behind a restaurant in the northwest
| S V
|Under a tree in the north of the town
| S V
- Out of all of the cities and towns in Paldea that contain a Gym, Montenevera is the only one where people are not seen standing or walking around with Pokémon of the type specialized in said Gym (in this case, Ghost-type Pokémon). Instead, they're accompanied by Ice-type Pokémon. Ghost-type Pokémon can only be found in the Gym building.
- The entrance arches to Montenevera resemble Lampent.
- Additionally, the many candles scattered throughout the town reference Litwick or Greavard.
Montenevera seems to have many of its buildings take on the appearance of baserri, traditional half-timbered farmhouses found in the Basque Country. It may be geographically inspired by cities such as Burgos and Valladolid, as well as Ezcaray, a town that shares similar buildings to Montenevera, and is known for its mountains and a ski resort.
|フリッジタウン Fridge Town
|From monte (Spanish and Portuguese for mountain) and nevera (Spanish for refrigerator)
|From frigorífico (Spanish and Portuguese for refrigerator) and montaña (Spanish for mountain)
|From hozkailu (Basque for refrigerator)
|From frigorífico (Spanish and Portuguese for refrigerator) or frigo (French slang for refrigerator) and possibly Bilbao
|From nevera (Spanish for refrigerator)
|프리지마을 Fridge Maeul
|From its Japanese name
|冰櫃鎮 / 冰柜镇 Bīngguì Zhèn
|From 冰櫃 / 冰柜 bīngguì / bīnggwaih (freezer)
|冰櫃鎮 Bīnggwaih Jan