From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Solana (Japanese: ヒナタ Hinata) is a Pokémon Ranger, and one of the player characters in the game of the same name. She has also made several appearances in the anime.
In the games
|| This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Role in plot if not chosen as player.
Solana is the female player character in Pokémon Ranger. However, she also has an involvement in the story if the player chooses to play as the male character. She will have Plusle as her partner Pokémon, whether Solana is the main character or not.
She is usually seen working alongside the male character, and some of the other characters in the game suggest there is a romantic connection between them.
In the anime
Solana and Plusle
in the anime
Solana's 2nd appearance artwork
Solana has made a few appearances in the anime.
Solana first appeared in The Green Guardian. She accompanied Ash and his friends when they tried to help an injured Celebi. She later appeared in the episodes Pokémon Ranger - Deoxys Crisis! Part 1 and Part 2 where she met up with Ash and friends again and got involved in an incident involving Deoxys.
She was also showcased in the intro Spurt! starting from All That Glitters is Not Golden and made a brief appearance in the opening of Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.
In her first two appearances, she was a Rank 3 Ranger. In Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! Parts One and Two, Solana appeared with a new uniform, and did not have her Plusle with her.
In the manga
In the Ash and Pikachu manga
Solana in Ash and Pikachu
Solana appeared in A 'Thank You' That Transcends Time of the Ash and Pikachu manga.
In the W Mission Story: Pokémon Ranger - the Comic manga
Solana in W Mission Story: Pokémon Ranger - the Comic
Solana appears in the W Mission Story: Pokémon Ranger - the Comic manga as the co-worker of Lunick. She first appears to contact Lunick after one of his missions to inform him that the Ranger Leaders, Spenser, Joel, and Elita have failed in their mission to capture a Deoxys and have been defeated.
After the Ranger Leaders were taken back to be healed, Solana and Lunick review the battle from Joel's Capture Styler. Soon after, Professor Hastings arrives and gives the two Rangers the mission to finish what the Ranger Leaders had started and capture Deoxys.
Solana and Lunick capture several Pokémon to prepare for their fight against Deoxys and go to Lyra Forest to confront it. Soon after, they are attacked by Deoxys who quickly changes form and runs into Krokka Tunnel. Fearing what would happen if Deoxys gets to Fall City, Solana attempts to capture it, only for it to change form to dodge her Styler.
They are quickly surrounded by the Go-Rock Quads, Tiffany, Garret, Clyde, and Billy who have defeated the final Ranger Leader, Cameron, and taken the Manaphy Pokémon Egg he had found. The two release themselves from Deoxys's grip and Solana goes after Tiffany, who had been sent to take the Egg to the Quads' secret hideout, leaving Lunick to face the other three alone.
Solana follows Tiffany to the Sekra Range and combats her for possession of the Manaphy Egg. Due to Tiffany having a Super Styler, an upgraded Capture Styler that had its designs stolen from Professor Hastings, she has the advantage in the fight. However, Joel sends Solana a message about how to capture Deoxys, which she relays to Lunick by using Poké Assists. The message is revealed to be "Normal", which gives Lunick the idea to destroy the other Super Stylers to force Deoxys back into its Normal Forme, allowing him to capture and free it.
Solana then has Minun break Tiffany's Super Styler, defeating her and winning back the Manaphy Egg in the process. After the Quads retreat, Solana and Lunick take Cameron and the Egg back to Professor Hastings's lab. Due to Fiore not having Trainers, everyone decides to send the Manaphy Egg to the Sinnoh Region to find a proper Trainer to take care of it. Soon after, Solana and Lunick leave on another mission to stop a Grimer outbreak in the Fall City Waterworks.
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Solana, together with Lunick and Iyori, is seen in a flashback in Alternate Dimension Showdown XI while Looker gives the Manaphy Egg to Diamond.
|| Plusle ♀
| Plusle is Solana's Partner Pokémon and the counterpart to Lunick's Minun. She was used to battle Tiffany and broke her Super Styler and defeated her.
None of Plusle's moves are known.
| Alternate art
|| Using a Capture Styler
|| Alternate art with Lunick
|| With a Manaphy Egg
| Front sprite
|| Back sprite
- Upon Spencer and the player arriving:
- "Welcome back, Leader!"
- "Oh, hi! Are you the hot rookie prospect? I'm Solana. Glad to meet you! What's your name?"
- "<Player>, <player>… OK, I've memorized it! Welcome to our team! We'll be working together from now on. Let's do our best! Oh, and this is my partner Pokémon. Plusle! Come on, say hello!"
- "This building is Ringtown's Ranger Base. Come on, let's go in!"
- "<Player>, pay it no mind! Larry can say some rotten things, but he doesn't really mean what he says. Anyway, that's not important. I'll give you a few simple tips about the Capture Styler. Besides capturing, your Styler has many convenient function. Oh? <Player>, your Styler… It's not turned on. See, you take this part like this…"
- "First, this is how you open the menu. Just touch the health bar at the upper left of the Touch Screen. That displays a ring of icons around you. Give it a try."
- "OK, good. Your Capture Styler really is an amazing tool. It can show you your present location and give you information of Pokémon, for instance. See? That kind of data is shown on the upper screen. Oh. It also allows you to quick save your game if you want to take a rest! You should check it out for yourself."
Solana appears on the boxart for the "Pocket Monster Advance Generation Game of Life" board game.
- Solana's Spanish name is a reference to the moon, rather than the sun like all her other names. This is most likely due to the fact that the deity after which she is named sounds similar to her English name. Lunick's Spanish name is likewise a reference to the sun.
- The Pokémon Ranger 4 Piece Collector Pin Set at PokemonCenter.com calls Solana Hiromi, possibly indicating a name from before "Hinata" was finalized.
||From 日 hi, sun. Also means "sunny place". A common Japanese surname.
|English, French, German, Italian
||From sol, Latin for sun.
||From Selene, a Greek lunar deity.
||From 剏 chang, "Begin".
||From Japanese 日向 hinata, Literally "sun direction".