From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon|
Logo for the season
|| Under The Alolan Sun
| Television Episodes
(SM001 - present)
| Home Video Episodes
(SM001 - present)
|| Sun & Moon series
| Preceded by
|| Pokémon the Series: XYZ
| Followed by
| Episode List
|| Alola to New Adventure!
|| The Guardian's Challenge!
|| Loading the Dex!
|| First Catch in Alola, Ketchum-Style!
|| Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!
|| A Shocking Grocery Run!
|| That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!
|| Lillie's Egg-xhilarating Challenge!
|| To Top a Totem!
|| Trial and Tribulation!
|| Young Kiawe Had a Farm!
|| The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair!
|| Racing to a Big Event!
|| Getting to Know You!
|| Rocking Clawmark Hill!
|| They Might Not Be Giants!
|| Crystal-Clear Sleuthing!
|| A Seasoned Search!
|| A Guardian Rematch!
|| Partner Promises!
|| One Journey Ends, Another Begins...
|| A Shivering Shovel Search!
|| Getting the Band Back Together!
|| Alolan Open House!
|| A Team-on-Team Tussle!
|| So Long, Sophocles!
|| A Glaring Rivalry!
|| Pulling Out the Pokémon Base Pepper!
|| Lulled to La-La Land!
|| The Ol' Raise and Switch!
|| The Island Whisperer!
|| Treasure Hunt, Akala Style!
|| Big Sky, Small Fry!
|| A Crowning Moment of Truth!
|| Currying Favor and Flavor!
|| Trials and Determinations!
Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon is the twentieth season of the dubbed version of the Pokémon anime. It follows the conclusion of the third and final dubbed season of the XY series, Pokémon the Series: XYZ, and as such is the first dubbed season of the Sun & Moon series. The season follows Ash as he continues his journey, attending the Pokémon School in the Alola region.
In the United States, it debuted with a special showing of its first two episodes on December 5, 2016 on Disney XD alongside Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel. It began on May 12, 2017 with the dub premiere of Alola to New Adventure!. It originally aired in the United States as part of the 2017 Disney XD Saturday morning line-up. In the United Kingdom, it debuted on November 20, 2016 on CITV.
What starts as a summer vacation in the tropical Alola region turns into the next exciting chapter in Ash Ketchum’s quest to become a Pokémon Master! There’s plenty for Ash and Pikachu to explore in this sunny new region, with exciting new Pokémon to discover and interesting people to learn from along the way—including the cool Professor Kukui and the fun-loving Samson Oak. More new faces will help guide Ash’s Alolan adventure, in the form of a group of skilled Trainers—Kiawe, Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles—and a mysterious research assistant called Lillie. Frequent foes Team Rocket have also made the trip to Alola, looking to swipe some high-powered new Pokémon. But they have some heavy competition on the villainy front: the ruffians of Team Skull, who delight in causing chaos and may have more sinister intentions…
- Ash arrives in the Alola region and enrolls in the Pokémon School. (SM001)
- Ash meets Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles, Samson Oak, and Professor Kukui. (SM001)
- Ash receives a Z-Ring equipped with an Electrium Z from Tapu Koko. (SM001)
- Ash decides to take on the island challenge in order to get new Z-Crystals and qualify as a Z-Move user. (SM002)
- Ash receives a Pokédex from Professor Kukui, which becomes inhabited by a Rotom, turning it into a Rotom Pokédex. (SM002, SM003)
- Team Rocket arrives in the Alola region, having been assigned by Giovanni to capture the region's unique Pokémon. (SM003)
- Ash meets Lana's sisters, Harper and Sarah, for the first time. (SM005)
- Samson Oak gives Ash and his classmates an Egg, which Lillie agrees to take care of. (SM008)
- Lillie's phobia of Pokémon is slightly explained as she gained the trauma from an experience with her mom that she doesn't remember. (SM008)
- Ash meets the Kahuna of Melemele Island, Hala, for the first time. (SM009)
- Ash visits Akala Island for the first time, and meets Kiawe's family. (SM011)
- Team Rocket decides to make Bewear's den their base of operations in Alola. (SM012)
- The Egg Lillie received hatches into an Alolan Vulpix. (SM013)
- Team Rocket completes the construction of their base in Bewear's den. (SM018)
- Ash meets Sophocles's family for the first time. (SM019)
- Team Rocket encounters Team Skull for the first time, and fight for a Darkinium Z, which Team Rocket take for themselves. (SM025)
- Ash meets Gladion for the first time. (SM027)
- Lillie is reunited with Gladion. (SM027)
- Lillie becomes able to touch Pikachu. (SM030)
The following Pokémon are left at Oak's Laboratory:
The following Pokémon are left at Team Rocket HQ:
Ash clears the following trials:
- This is the first season to air on Disney XD.
- This is the final season that Kayzie Rogers lends her voice to, voicing Mimey in the first episode before retiring.
In other languages