From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon is the twentieth season of the dubbed version of the Pokémon anime. It follows the conclusion of the third and final dubbed season of Pokémon the Series: XY, and as such is the first dubbed season of Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon. The season follows Ash as he continues his journey, attending the Pokémon School in the Alola region.
In the United States, it debuted with a special showing of its first two episodes on December 5, 2016 on Disney XD alongside Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel. It began on May 12, 2017 with the dub premiere of Alola to New Adventure!, and concluded on December 9, 2017 with When Regions Collide!. It originally aired in the United States as part of the 2017 Disney XD Saturday morning lineup. In the United Kingdom, it debuted on November 20, 2016 on CITV.
It is preceded by Pokémon the Series: XYZ and succeeded by Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon—Ultra Adventures.
What starts as a summer vacation in the tropical Alola region turns into the next exciting chapter in Ash Ketchum’s quest to become a Pokémon Master! There’s plenty for Ash and Pikachu to explore in this sunny new region, with exciting new Pokémon to discover and interesting people to learn from along the way—including the cool Professor Kukui and the fun-loving Samson Oak. More new faces will help guide Ash’s Alolan adventure, in the form of a group of skilled Trainers—Kiawe, Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles—and a mysterious research assistant called Lillie. Frequent foes Team Rocket have also made the trip to Alola, looking to swipe some high-powered new Pokémon. But they have some heavy competition on the villainy front: the ruffians of Team Skull, who delight in causing chaos and may have more sinister intentions…
- Ash arrives in the Alola region and enrolls in the Pokémon School. (SM001)
- Ash meets Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, Sophocles, Samson Oak, and Professor Kukui. (SM001)
- Ash receives a Z-Ring equipped with an Electrium Z from Tapu Koko. (SM001)
- Ash decides to take on the island challenge in order to get new Z-Crystals and qualify as a Z-Move user. (SM002)
- Ash receives a Pokédex from Professor Kukui, which becomes inhabited by a Rotom, turning it into a Rotom Pokédex. (SM002, SM003)
- Team Rocket arrives in the Alola region, having been assigned by Giovanni to capture the region's unique Pokémon. (SM003)
- Ash meets Lana's sisters, Harper and Sarah, for the first time. (SM005)
- Samson Oak gives Ash and his classmates an Egg, which Lillie agrees to take care of. (SM008)
- Lillie's phobia of Pokémon is slightly explained as she gained the trauma from an experience with her mom that she doesn't remember. (SM008)
- Ash meets the Kahuna of Melemele Island, Hala, for the first time. (SM009)
- Ash visits Akala Island for the first time, and meets Kiawe's family. (SM011)
- Team Rocket decides to make Bewear's den their base of operations in Alola. (SM012)
- The Egg Lillie received, which she has nicknamed Snowy, hatches into an Alolan Vulpix. (SM013)
- Team Rocket completes the construction of their base in Bewear's den. (SM018)
- Ash meets Sophocles's family for the first time. (SM019)
- Team Rocket encounters Team Skull for the first time, and fight for a Darkinium Z, which Team Rocket take for themselves. (SM025)
- Ash meets Gladion for the first time. (SM027)
- Lillie is reunited with Gladion. (SM027)
- Lillie becomes able to touch Pikachu. (SM030)
- Ash, Lana, Lillie, Mallow, and Sophocles meet Olivia, the Akala Island Kahuna, for the first time. (SM031)
- Ash and his classmates travel to Akala Island along with Olivia and Professor Kukui. (SM031 - SM037)
- Olivia converts Lana's Sparkling Stone into a Z-Ring and gives it back to her. (SM033)
- Olivia informs Ash that his Rockruff will evolve soon. (SM036)
- Ash, his classmates, and Professor Kukui leave Akala Island and return to Melemele Island. (SM037)
- Ash and his classmates travel to Kanto for an extracurricular activity and arrive in Pallet Town. (SM042 - SM043)
- Ash reunites with Misty and Brock, while Lana, Kiawe, Lillie, Mallow, and Sophocles meet Misty, Brock, Professor Oak, and Jigglypuff for the first time. (SM042)
- Brock and Misty are revealed to have obtained a Key Stone each, while Brock is revealed to have obtained a Steelixite and Misty is revealed to have obtained a Gyaradosite. (SM043)
- Professor Kukui reveals that he intends to establish a Pokémon League in Alola. (SM043)
- Ash, his classmates, Professor Kukui, Samson Oak, and Team Rocket return to Alola, followed by a Jigglypuff. (SM043)
The following Pokémon are left at Oak's Laboratory:
The following Pokémon are left at Team Rocket HQ:
Ash clears the following trials:
Kiawe clears the following trials:
Lana clears the following trials:
|| Episode Title
|| Alola to New Adventure!
|| The Guardian's Challenge!
|| Loading the Dex!
|| First Catch in Alola, Ketchum-Style!
|| Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!
|| A Shocking Grocery Run!
|| That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!
|| Lillie's Egg-xhilarating Challenge!
|| To Top a Totem!
|| Trial and Tribulation!
|| Young Kiawe Had a Farm!
|| The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair!
|| Racing to a Big Event!
|| Getting to Know You!
|| Rocking Clawmark Hill!
|| They Might Not Be Giants!
|| Crystal-Clear Sleuthing!
|| A Seasoned Search!
|| A Guardian Rematch!
|| Partner Promises!
|| One Journey Ends, Another Begins...
|| A Shivering Shovel Search!
|| Getting the Band Back Together!
|| Alolan Open House!
|| A Team-on-Team Tussle!
|| So Long, Sophocles!
|| A Glaring Rivalry!
|| Pulling Out the Pokémon Base Pepper!
|| Lulled to La-La Land!
|| The Ol' Raise and Switch!
|| The Island Whisperer!
|| Treasure Hunt, Akala Style!
|| Big Sky, Small Fry!
|| A Crowning Moment of Truth!
|| Currying Favor and Flavor!
|| Trials and Determinations!
|| Rising from the Ruins!
|| Mimikyu Unmasked!
|| Mallow and the Forest Teacher!
|| Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!
|| Mounting an Electrifying Charge!
|| Alola, Kanto!
|| When Regions Collide!
Home video releases
North American DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon home video releases (Region 1)
Australian DVD releases
- Main article: List of English language Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon home video releases (Region 4)
In other languages
|| بوكيمون: الشمس والقمر
|| 寶可夢 太陽與月亮
|| 寶可夢 太陽與月亮|
宝可梦：太阳 & 月亮
|| Pokémon Série: Slunce a Měsíc
|| Pokémon Serien: Sol og Måne
|| Pokémon de serie: Zon & Maan
|| Pokémon-sarja: Sun & Moon
| European French
|| Pokémon, la série : Soleil et Lune
|| Pokémon – Die TV-Serie: Sonne & Mond
|| Pokémon η Σειρά: Ήλιος και Σελήνη
|| פוקימון - הסדרה: שמש וירח|
פוקימון: שמש וירח*
|| Pokémon - Serie Sole e Luna
|| 포켓몬스터 썬&문
|| Pokémon-serien: Sol og Måne
|| Pokémon Seria: Słońce i Księżyc
|| Pokémon, a série: Sol e Lua
|| Pokémon, a série: Sol e Lua
|| Pokémon: Serialul – Soarele și Luna
|| Покемон сериал: Солнце и Луна *|
Pokémon сериал: Солнце и Луна *
|| Latin America
|| La serie Pokémon: Sol y Luna
|| Pokémon: Serie Sol y Luna
|| Pokémon Serien: Sol & Måne
|| โปเกมอน ซัน แอนด์ มูน
|| Pokémon Serisi: Güneş ve Ay
|| Pokémon: Mặt Trời & Mặt Trăng