From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about wild held items from Generation III onward. For wild held items in Generation II, see List of Pokémon by wild held item (Generation II).
This is a list of Pokémon by the items they may be holding when caught from the wild from Generation III onward. Note that not all Pokémon listed can be caught legitimately in the wild, but their held item exists in the game's programming.
In most games, Pokémon have a 50% chance of appearing with a common item or a 5% chance of appearing with a rare item. If a Pokémon has the same item defined for both its common item and its rare item, it will appear with that item 100% of the time. In Generation V, if some Pokémon are encountered in dark grass, they also have a 1% chance of appearing with a third item.
In Pokémon Emerald and all games since Generation IV, if a Pokémon with the Ability Compound Eyes leads the party (even if fainted), the chances of finding a wild Pokémon holding an item increase from 50%/5% to 60%/20% (in dark grass in Generation V, the chances becomes 60%/20%/5%).
Held item table