Check the Bulbagarden home page for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in the Bulbagarden Discord server.
|It has been suggested that this article be moved to Vending machine.|
Please discuss whether or not to move it on its talk page.
- This article is about the objects in the Pokémon games. For real world machines selling Pokémon merchandise, see Pokémon vending machines. For the Pokémon Trading Card Game collection, see Vending Machine cards.
A vending machine (Japanese: 自動販売機 vending machine), formatted as Vending Machine in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Colosseum, XD, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire, is a machine found in several regions of the Pokémon world which is used to sell drinks.
When purchasing a drink in the Generation III and IV games, there is a 1/64 chance that the player may also receive an extra drink for free. In Generation V, this chance is increased to a 1/32 chance. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there is also a chance of an extra drink, with an even slimmer chance of two extra drinks. When this happens, the message "Score! An extra can of <item> dropped down!", "Bonus! Another can of <item> dropped down.", "What luck! Another <item> tumbled down!", or "Score! You got a bonus drink! An extra bottle of <item> dropped down." is displayed, depending on generation. In Black 2 and White 2, there is a Medal for having this happen.
|This section is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this section to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing Colo/XD, Gen VII, and Gen VIII images of Vending Machines
This listing is of the locations where Vending Machines can be found:
- Lilycove Department Store Rooftop
- Secret Bases (can be placed as a Decoration)
- ORAS only:
- Dewford Gym
- Stern's Shipyard 2F
- Seaside Cycling Road gates
- Mauville City 1F
- Mt. Chimney Cable Car station
- Route 112 Cable Car station
- Cove Lily Motel 2F
- Team Magma Hideout B1FOR
- Team Aqua Hideout B1FAS
- Weather Institute 1F
- Safari Zone entrance
- Slateport Harbor
- Lilycove City Harbor
- The UnderColo
- Outside of the ONBS Building in Pyrite TownXD
- Castelia City
- Route 4
- Nimbasa City
- Battle Subway
- Cold StorageBW
- Twist Mountain
- Route 9
- Shopping Mall Nine
- Opelucid City
- Route 15
- Route 16
- Lacunosa Town
- Village Bridge
- Melemele Ferry Terminal in Hau'oli City
- Game Freak office in Heahea City
- Akala Ferry Terminal in Heahea City
- Ula'ula Ferry Terminal in Malie City
- Malie Community Center in Malie City
- Motostoke Station in Motostoke
- Hammerlocke Station in Hammerlocke
- Wyndon Station in Wyndon
- Master Dojo in the Isle of Armor
Core series games
Vending Machines in the core series games will sell three kinds of drinks.
In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, there are Vending Machines which only sell one kind of drink, as well as some whose prices vary from the normal Vending Machines.
- At Dewford Gym and the Seaside Cycling Road gates, only Fresh Water is sold, at the normal price.
- At Slateport Harbor, Lilycove City Harbor, and Secret Bases, only Soda Pop is sold, at the normal price.
- At the Mt. Chimney Cable Car stations, prices are twice the normal price.
- At the Team Magma Hideout and the Team Aqua Hideout, prices are 50 less than the normal price.
In Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon, there are Vending Machines which do not sell all types of drinks, and some have prices that vary from normal Vending Machines.
- At the Melemele Ferry Terminal, the machine is initially sold out, but will later offer Fresh Water, at the normal price.
- At the Melemele Island motel, the machine is sold out.
- At the office of Game Freak, only Fresh Water is sold, at 50 less than the normal price.
- At the Akala Ferry Terminal, only Fresh Water is sold, at the normal price.
- At the Akala Island motel, Fresh Water and Soda Pop are sold, at twice the normal price.
- At the Ula'ula Ferry Terminal, all three slots in the machine are occupied by Soda Pop, sold at the normal price.
- At the Ula'ula Island motel, prices are twice the normal price.
In Pokémon Sword and Shield, 2 Vending Machines can be added to the Master Dojo with their contents changing as more Watts are given:
At the Pokéathlon Dome, drinks can be bought with Athlete Points as well as with Pokémon Dollars.
Side series games
Vending Machines also appear in Orre, in both Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD. Moomoo Milk can only be bought in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
In the anime
Several Vending Machines appeared in the Vermilion City Pokémon Center in Electric Shock Showdown. Misty was seen buying a can of Lemonade from one of them.
Several Vending Machines appeared in The Bridge Bike Gang, being located at a rest stop on the Cycling Road.
In A Scare in the Air, a pair of Vending Machines were seen outside a convenience store.
In Brave the Wave, two Vending Machines appeared at a beach café on Dewford Island, with one of them standing outside the café and the second one being located inside of it.
In Two Degrees of Separation, two Vending Machines appeared on Sinnoh Route 202.
In A Talent for Imitation!, a Vending Machine was seen at a filming studio in Vermilion City.
In Star Night, Star Flight!, a Vending Machine was seen at a museum in Johto.
In Battling Turned Up to Eleven!, a Vending Machine was seen in a locker room at Wyndon Stadium. It also appeared in several subsequent episodes.
In Catching the Aura of Fate!, a Vending Machine appeared at the Hammerlocke Stadium in a flashback.
In the manga
Ruby & Sapphire chapter
Two Vending Machines appeared in The Beginning of the End with Kyogre & Groudon XII. During his battle against Magma Admin Tabitha at the Lilycove Department Store, Wallace got thrown into one of the Vending Machines on the roof of the Department Store when Tabitha went berserk due to his earlier exposure to the Blue Orb's energy.
- Although Vending Machines are listed as dropping a can of the drink in question regardless of what drink is purchased, the item menu sprites depict only Lemonade coming in a can.
- However, all three drinks were depicted to be in cans in their Generation I artwork.
- Out of the items sold in the Department Store Vending Machines, Fresh Water is the best deal from a /HP comparison, at 4/HP. Soda Pop is the worst deal, at 5/HP, and Lemonade is in the middle, at 4.375/HP.
- Of the Cable Car entrance Vending Machines, Fresh Water comes in at 8/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 10/HP, and Lemonade at 8.75/HP.
- Of the Team Magma and Aqua Hideout office vending machines, Fresh Water comes in at 3/HP. Soda Pop, which is still the worst deal, at 4.167/HP, and Lemonade at 3.75/HP.
- Out of the items sold in the Ferry Terminal Vending Machines, Soda Pop is the better deal, at 6/HP. Fresh Water is the worse deal, at 6.67/HP.
- Kalos is the only core series region to date where Vending Machines cannot be found.
In other languages
|This game-related article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|