What's the chance...
...of a vending machine dropping a free beverage? As in, does a vending machine have a 5% chance of giving the player an extra beverage? 10%? 1 in 8192? It would be good information to put in the article, wouldn't it? - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 23:53, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- ...anybody? - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 13:56, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- I was also curious about this, so I did a bit of testing into this in Platinum. I bought ONE THOUSAND drinks - to make sure the results were quite accurate - and recorded how many free drinks were obtained.
- The results were kind of strange though... the first 500 times yielded 14 free drinks; but the next 500 only 3. So by applying basic mathematical probability to circumstantial results, I would say the average chance is... maybe about 2%?
- Anyway! To answer the question, I found it to be about 2% in Platinum... or perhaps between 2-3%... less than 5% anyway! ***shiningSteelix*** 15:40, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
- Are HGSS the only ones with a 1/64 chance? Or is it every game from HGSS on? --It's Funktastic~!話してください 00:28, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
- BW is 1/32, HGSS is 1/64. I just tested Platinum and Emerald and they both use rand%64 (1/64 chance). BW/B2W2 are the first games with double the odds (@ 1/32).
- So, Gen3 = 1/64 // Gen4 = 1/64 // Gen5 = 1/32. Kaphotics (talk) 00:15, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
Buying lemonade with less than $350?
I was hacking on the Gen I pokemon code, and realized that the code only checks the player's money against $200, thus it allows me to buy lemonade with an amont of money >= $200 but < $350. The game does know to handle underflow, so I end up using all my money. However this still seems like a programming oversight instead of an intended feature. (Verified on a simulator) Bbbbbbbbba (talk) 06:47, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Chance of Free Drinks in Gen VI
Since the vending machines return in ORAS, it'd be good to know the chance of a free drink, and even the odds of two free drinks (happened to me just now).20:55, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
Vending Machine in Team Aqua Hideout in Alpha Sapphire
I've noticed that the vending machine in the Aqua Hideout in Alpha Sapphire costs 50p less for each drink than the ones elsewhere in Hoenn. I haven't yet checked this with gen III Sapphire, but I thought it was interesting to note. For example, the one in Stern's Shipyard has prices that match the list on the bulbapedia page. (200, 300, 350) The vending machine in Team Aqua's Hideout costs 150, 250, or 300 for the same drinks. I wasn't sure if this detail should be noted on the vending machine page, or the page for the Hideout. Teal Crush (talk) 18:42, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
- Por que no los dos? If it's the only place that lowers the price, it's worth mentioning on both pages (I'd say just add it as an * on here). Will want to verify if the same is true of the Magna Hideout as well. glikglak 19:12, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
I agree, I'd like to find out if it's the same in Magma (don't have Omega Ruby though so I'll need someone else to check that.) Also, I'm in the process of running through gen III Sapphire to see if I can find if there's one in there. From what I can tell on the pages for the vending machines and the hideout though it looks like there wasn't a vending machine in gen III's hideout at all. Teal Crush (talk) 20:06, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
Update: I've checked all the vending machines listed for Hoenn on this page, and all of them have the same prices except for the Aqua one. However, the ones in Dewford Gym and on each end of Cycling Road only sell water. Still don't know about Team Magma's hideout though. Also, the harbor buildings for the Ferry between Slateport and Lilycove have vending machines not listed here. They carry only soda pop at the regular price. Teal Crush (talk) 20:39, 10 December 2014 (UTC)