From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This page is a candidate for deletion because it is fanon, full of speculation and therefore does not belong in the mainspace.
Someone has decided that this article should not be included as part of Bulbapedia. If you agree with this decision, state your reasoning on this article's talk page. If you disagree with deletion, make your voice heard.
When a consensus has been reached, this notice can be removed by an administrator.
Administrators - Remember to check if anything links here and the page history before deleting.
This page was last edited on December 25, 2020 at 12:20 AM.
|| The subject of this article has no official name.|
The name currently in use is a fan designator; see below for more information.
|| This article contains fan speculation.|
There is no solid evidence for or against some parts of this article.
Trio master is a fan term referring to a Pokémon that, in some way, oversees a Legendary trio of Pokémon.
The trio master and the trio itself may relate in different ways. For example, Lugia is the trio master of the Legendary birds; it is the only one who can quell their fighting when Lawrence III captures one of them in The Power of One.
A trio master can be a member of the Legendary trio itself, serving as its internal master; for example, Landorus is the internal master of the Forces of Nature—it punished Tornadus and Thundurus for bringing mass destruction with their thunder and wind storms.
Catching trio masters
In the games, the trio master sometimes will require that the members of its Legendary trio be caught beforehand. There has been other ways from which the trio master is referred to as such though.
In Crystal, Ho-Oh cannot be caught until all three of the Legendary beasts have been caught in the same game.
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
In HeartGold and SoulSilver, Rayquaza is only obtainable after both Kyogre and Groudon have been obtained in the same game, which requires trading.
Pokémon Black and White
In Black and White, Landorus is only obtainable after both Tornadus and Thundurus have been obtained in the same game, which also requires trading.
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
In Black 2 and White 2, Regigigas will not awaken unless the player brings the titans to its resting place, Twist Mountain.
Pokémon X and Y
In X and Y, the name of the cave where the Legendary birds retreat after being encountered 10 times roaming in Kalos, alludes to Lugia.
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Regigigas can be encountered in the Island Cave if the player has Regice, Registeel, and Regirock in their party.
Landorus can only be encountered while Soaring if the player has both Tornadus and Thundurus in the player's party.
Other references to trio masters
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, the Legendary birds must all be befriended and must create the Vortex Stone before the player can enter Lugia's dungeon, and before encountering Ho-Oh, the three Legendary beasts must contribute their power to create the Rainbow Wing.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Sky, Aegis Cave has four bosses: Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Regigigas. The titans must be beaten first before Regigigas can be challenged at the end of the cave.
- In Pokémon Colosseum, Ho-Oh cannot be encountered unless the player has captured and purified all the Shadow Pokémon, which includes the Legendary beasts, as one of the two requirements.
- In Pokémon XD, the Legendary birds are encountered after the player encounters Shadow Lugia.
- In Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, the player needs to befriend all the Pokémon in the regional Browser, which includes the Legendary titans, to battle Regigigas. The titans themselves are also required in order to open the door to its domain.
- In Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, the player needs to befriend all 300 Pokémon in the regional Browser, which includes the three Legendary birds, to battle Lugia.
Relationship with their trio
- Arceus is the only trio master that is related to more than one Legendary trio.