From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the movie. For the manga, see Destiny Deoxys (manga).
| Destiny Deoxys|
裂空の訪問者 デオキシス Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys
|| July 17, 2004
| United States
|| January 22, 2005
| Home video
|| December 21, 2004
| United States
|| February 15, 2005
| English themes
| Japanese themes
| United States
| Great Britain
| New Zealand
Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys (Japanese: 劇場版ポケットモンスター アドバンスジェネレーション 裂空の訪問者 デオキシス Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation the Movie - Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys; officially known as Deoxys the Visitor in Japan) is the second Advanced Generation series movie, and seventh of all Pokémon movies.
It was first in Japanese theaters on July 17, 2004. It then aired on the Kids' WB! programming block for North American audiences on January 22, 2005. Echo Bridge Home Entertainment released the movie on Blu-ray (along with Pokémon Heroes: Latios & Latias on the same disc) on May 15, 2011. The film was not released on DVD in Australia until 2016.
Other posters and DVD covers
Sky-Splitting Visitor teaser poster
Final Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys movie poster
Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys DVD cover
Japanese poster featuring the three Deoxys Formes from the movie
Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys logo
High-tech Larousse City is a pretty impressive place to visit—and a pretty impressive place for a Pokémon battle, too! Ash heads straight for their renowned Battle Tower, but things don't turn out too well when his battle partner turns out to be a scared boy named Tory. Because of a frightening childhood incident, Tory is scared of all Pokémon—even cute ones like Pikachu!
There's a lot more to be frightened by when Deoxys shows up and takes control of the city, shutting down the machines and taking everyone captive. One Pokémon that is not amused is the Legendary Rayquaza, and it will do whatever it takes to remove this invader from its territory! Meanwhile, Ash, Tory, and all their friends may be caught in the middle, but they're certainly not out of the fight!
A young boy in one of the polar regions finds a group of Spheal, Sealeo and Walrein, when a meteor crashes down, frightening the Pokémon and making them run towards the sea, trapping the boy in the middle of them. His dad and Yuko, who are both part of a team of researchers manage to save him, when a Deoxys appears from the middle of the crash site, having come to Earth on the meteor. However, Rayquaza sees this as an invasion of its territory and attacks. A battle starts between the two, destroying most of the equipment of the researchers. Rayquaza ends up blasting Deoxys to the bottom of the ocean. A green stone found at the crash site is taken back with the researchers on a helicopter.
Four years later, lasers are being fired by the researchers at the green stone, which starts to glow, but there is not enough power for it to do anything else. Meanwhile Deoxys has regenerated and bursts through the ice.
Soon afterwards, Ash Ketchum and his friends arrive in LaRousse City. At the same time a Plusle and Minun are playing with a high-tech bin, with a Munchlax cleaning up litter.
Ash and co. are greeted by a security robot and given passports. Some people save Ash from going the wrong way on a moving side walk, who introduce themselves as Sid, Rafe, Rebecca and twins Audrey and Kathryn.
Ash arrives at the Battle Tower, and tries to ask directions from a boy about the same age as himself, who runs away, seemingly scared by Ash. They then find themselves in the middle of a battle, where Tory, the boy Ash was following, reveals he has no Pokémon. They are up against Sid and Rafe, so Ash loans Tory his Torkoal. They lose badly, and Tory runs off after his dad congratulates him on taking part in the battle. Then Yuko tells Ash what happened four years ago, and that Tory is scared of Pokémon. Ash decides to try to help him overcome his fear. Tory, after freeing the Minun from earlier from a bin with a stick, goes into the gardens to meet with a strange green light.
Deoxys has reached LaRousse City, and is creating strange lights in the sky, resembling an aurora. Meanwhile, Team Rocket is trying to get hamburgers from a machine, but as they don't have passports and are trying to destroy the machine, they get attacked by a security robot instead. By this point, Ash and the others find Tory, and Brock offers to cook everyone a meal. Ash tries to get Tory to touch Pikachu, but he runs off again. Meanwhile, Deoxys creates the aurora again, and Tory finds Ash, who calls out all of his Pokémon. Tory is having fun, but still can't bring himself to touch Pikachu. Then Tory takes them, and the people from earlier, to meet the green light. However, Rayquaza is heading towards LaRousse City in pursuit of Deoxys, so Tory's father decides to evacuate the city, but Ash, Tory and the others get trapped inside the building. Deoxys makes copies of itself and tries to carry the people being evacuated away. It creates a force field around LaRousse to stop Rayquaza from getting in. Ash and the others try to get out but are attacked by the multiple Deoxys. Plusle, Minun and Munchlax find Ash and his friends. They realize they need food and water, so they go outside and Pikachu shocks a hot dog machine, but again, they get attacked by Deoxys, who steals Minun and the hot dog machine.
Back inside, Tory tries to touch Plusle, but still can't do it. Brock finds water in some boxes. Rafe and Rebecca watch Deoxys take Minun into a domed tower, then drop the hot dog machine into the water. Rayquaza is still trying to break through the forcefield. Rebecca and Yuko try to work out why the Deoxys dropped the hot dog machine. The others are all trying to get some rest, wrapped up in blankets on the floor, when Surskit becomes agitated and runs around waking everyone up, warning them Deoxys is trying to get in. They run to an underground laboratory, where Yuko tells them that a second Deoxys is dormant inside the green crystal. Tory's light appears from the crystal, and they work out the light and the aurora have the same light pattern. The green one is saying "friend" and the other one "where are you?" So Deoxys is just looking for its friend. Rayquaza is still attacking the barrier.
They decide to try to wake the second Deoxys up, but they don't have enough power. They go off to try to make extra power, but Deoxys lands in front of them. Ash tries to tell them that they're not enemies, but it doesn't work, so everyone tells their Pokémon to attack. Rafe holds the Deoxys off long enough to let Ash escape. Rayquaza then breaks through the force field, and Rafe and Blaziken get carried off.
Ash manages to get to the building where the others are being held, where Rafe is starting a plan to get them out of there. Rayquaza and Deoxys are about to battle. Pikachu and Plusle Thunderbolt the doors of the dome, freeing everyone inside. Meanwhile, Rayquaza is chasing Deoxys.
Ash, Tory, Plusle and Minun go back to the lab, while the others try to power up the windmills to get more electricity, using ropes, Blaziken jumping from one blade to another, various Water Pokémon using Water Gun, Flying types using Gust, Metagross using Confusion and Team Rocket pedaling a machine.
Tory turns on the lasers to wake up the green Deoxys, but they're still 20% short on power, so Pikachu, Plusle and Minun shock the machine and it works. The stone grows into a Deoxys, who makes Ash and Tory float out of the building. However the other Deoxys is about to finish off Rayquaza after tackling it to the ground and continuing to attack it, and the second Deoxys comes and protects the Rayquaza from the attack. They both change Forme and release an aurora after being reunited. Then Rayquaza comes out of the ground, and is going to again attack the two Deoxys.
Because of the increased power, the block security robots power up and go on overdrive, trying to attack Rayquaza. It gets buried under the robots and, when the Deoxys try to help, they get buried as well.
Just then, Tory's father appears on a screen, saying the only way to stop the blocks is by presenting a passport to the chief robot, allowing them to regain control and shut it down. Ash and Tory ride on a hot dog machine to near the tower they need to get up, but miss. Just then, Munchlax, who was hiding in the bottom of the machine, gets out and evolves, allowing Ash to step over it to a nearby tower. Pikachu realizes the only way to get to the tower they need is by stepping on the block robots. Ash follows, but drops his passport. Tory throws him his, and Pikachu leaps off to bat it up to Ash. He manages to give the robot the passport, allowing Tory's dad to power down the robots. But Plusle and Minun, who are at the top of a pile of blocks with Tory, fall off. Tory reaches out to grab them, but falls off too. They get saved by Deoxys. Tory, who had never touched a Pokémon before, finally touches a Pokémon. Rayquaza befriends the Deoxys after they tried to save it from the blocks, and they all fly together out of LaRousse City to find the others. The Deoxys then go back home.
- Main article: Sky-Splitting Visitor: Deoxys Music Collection
- Main article: Destiny Deoxys (manga)
- The Japanese home video release of this movie has a large number of visual edits compared to the original Japanese theatrical release. The English dub uses the original theatrical release instead of the edited version.
- Deoxys's Speed Forme does not appear in this movie, as this film was released before Pokémon Emerald; Speed Forme had yet to be introduced to the public.
- This movie featured the very first reveal of a Generation IV Pokémon, Munchlax.
- LaRousse was much later revealed to be Drew's hometown.
- In October 2003, Kunihiko Yuyama and his team made a four-day visit to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to form the basis for LaRousse City.
- This is the first Pokémon movie to debut on TV before its video release.
- The character Rafe resembles a Cool Trainer from Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen.
- Although the Japanese version of the front cover shows more characters on it, it's missing Munchlax, which the English cover shows.
- This was the last Pokémon movie distributed by Miramax Films.
- For the American audience, this movie marks the first appearance of May's Bulbasaur. This is because Grass Hysteria!, in which May catches Bulbasaur, did not air in the United States until April 9, 2005, a little over two months after this movie was released.
- This is the second movie in which Ash and company do not meet Team Rocket.
- This is also the first movie after The Power of One where Jessie's Wobbuffet doesn't appear.
- This movie was never aired on TV in the United Kingdom, but the DVD was still released.
- This was the last Pokémon movie to be translated into Canadian French.
- In the dub, when Ash's Pikachu zaps the hot dog machine and his friends, Tory, and Brock catch the hot dogs, Brock makes a pun on the series' slogan "Gotta catch 'em all!"
- This movie is one of the first two Pokémon movies to be available on Blu-ray, released in May 2011 in a two-pack with Pokémon Heroes: Latios & Latias.
- There were unusual changes made in several dubs for this movie and Jirachi: Wish Maker:
- In Latin America, both movies were dubbed in Argentina instead of Mexico, by an entirely different voice cast, and were aired only in some local channels.
- The voice cast also changed completely in the Dutch and Finnish dubs (in Finland, the same cast was also in the fifth movie).
- In Spain, the two movies were not dubbed at all.
- During the opening, a few Beedrill have purple heads.
- When Ash first appears during the World of Pokémon segment, he has no mouth.
- In one scene, Mudkip's lower jaw is the same color as the rest of its body.
- In another scene, Audrey's Masquerain's wings are white instead of orange.
- In the DVD's bonus features, Deoxys's Ability is listed as Psychic (which is not an Ability). It is in fact Pressure, and Psychic is its type.
- In the ending credits, Audrey and Katherine's shirts are mainly yellow instead of cream.
- When the two Deoxys land, both of their crystals are purple when one should be green.
Box office hit
- The English version of the entire movie is cut around the sides from the original Japanese, making the movie look shrunk in size and proportions.
- The opening fight scene between Deoxys and Rayquaza is about 20 seconds shorter in the English version. A few shots of the research base being destroyed were either trimmed or deleted entirely, including one shot where it's implied that a researcher is crushed under falling debris.
- When Deoxys scans the snow to find the green crystal in the original, its body is covered with a shadow until it uses Psychic. In the English version, the DNA Pokémon is illuminated throughout the scene.
- In the dub, Brock tells Yuko that she reminds him of the time he worked for Professor Ivy. In the Japanese version, he says he's surprised that someone as young and beautiful as her could be a lab assistant and that he would also be a good assistant, never mentioning Professor Ivy.
- When the computer locates Tory in the gardens, its screen is different in the dub.
- When it first premiered on Kids' WB!, the film was 87 minutes long, meaning that various scenes were cut to make room for commercials. The Cartoon Network version shows almost all of the 100-minute film.
- In the Kids' WB! and Cartoon Network versions, the ending is shortened to one minute. The home video, and Toon Disney versions show the whole ending.
In other languages
|| 裂空的訪問者 代歐奇希斯
|| Sudbina Deoxysa
|| Pokémon 7 - Osud Pokémona Deoxise
|| Deoxys Duet
|| Pokémon 7: Doel Deoxys
|| Salaperäinen Deoxys
|| Pokémon le film 7: Destinée Deoxys
|| Pokémon: La Destinée de Deoxys
|| Pokémon 7 - Destiny Deoxys
|| Ποκεμον η Ταινια - Πεπρωμενο Ντεοξις
|| दीऑक्सी और तोरी की स्टोरी Pokémon Movie: Deoxy aur Tory ki Story *
|| Pokémon 7.- A Végzetes Dioxiz
|| Pokémon: Fratello dallo Spazio|
Pokémon Destiny Deoxys: Fratello dello Spazio*
|| 열공의 방문자 테오키스*
|| Pokemonai: Deoksio Likimas
|| Skjebnens Deoxys
|| Pokémon: Cel Deoxys
|| Pokémon 7: Alma Gêmea
|| Pokémon 7: Alma Gémea
|| Покемон: Судьба Деоксиса
|| Sudbina Deoksis
| Latin American Spanish
|| El Destino de Deoxys
|| Dagen D för Deoxys
|| டேஒஸ்ய் ஆர் டோரி கி ஸ்டோரி Pokémon Movie: Deoxy aur Tory ki Story *
|| డేఆక్సీ ఆర్ టోరీ కి స్టోరీ Pokémon Movie: Deoxy aur Tory ki Story *
|| Pokémon 7. Deoxys'in Kaderi