From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Ikue Ohtani (Japanese: 大谷育江 Ōtani Ikue; also seen as Ikue Ōtani, Ikue Ootani and Ikue Otani) is a Japanese seiyū for the Pokémon anime. She was born on August 18, 1965 in Tokyo, Japan.
Ohtani's most famous role on Pokémon is that of Ash's Pikachu. She has also provided the voices of many Pokémon and characters of the day.
For health reasons, she took leave from her work from January to May 2006. Voice clips from previous episodes were reused for Pikachu, while Mime Jr. was voiced by Tomoe Hanba (半場友恵) from AG161 to AG175.
Ikue Ohtani's lookalike in XY078
Musical appearances in Pokémon
* This song is credited in-character as Pikachu.
Other non-Pokémon roles
In anime and video games
In dubbed productions of English shows
- Ikue Ohtani has made several appearances as a Trainer in the Pokémon games:
- In the Japanese versions of Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, a Picnicker named Ikue can be battled on Route 35, her sole Pokémon being a Pikachu. In the English versions, her name was changed to "Brooke".
- In the Japanese versions of Pokémon X and Y, a Pokémon Breeder named Ikue can be found and battled inside Connecting Cave, with one of her Pokémon being a Pikachu. In the English version, she was renamed as "Mercy".
- In Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon, a female Pokémon Breeder named Ikue can be found at Hau'oli Cemetery, her only Pokémon being a Pikachu.