- 1 Official Korean Romanization List
- 2 WhatsApp chat?
- 3 Chinese names
- 4 Moves and Abilities in other languages
- 5 Kahuna and trial captains Names
- 6 Spammer's back.
- 7 Chinese names on Zen Mode
- 8 Unshō Ishizuka
- 9 Request to review Chinese pinyin in a draft article in my userspace
- 10 Duraludon
- 11 Alcreme REDIRECT
- 12 Unable to Edit Userspace
- 13 What the fuck?!
Official Korean Romanization List
Thanks for the heads up! It coincided with my recent trips to Korea and the use of official Romanized names, such as the use of "Hankarias" instead of "Hankariaseu" (한카리아스, Garchomp) on official Korean merchandise. I believe the official Romanized names were pulled from this document, right?
Having said that, the official Romanizations seems to be used inconsistantly by Pokémon Korea, because I spotted a 파이리/Charmander toy which was Romanized as "Pairi", not "Fairit" (there's not even a "T" sound in the original Korean name). On the other hand, "Hankarias" was used instead of "Hankariaseu" for 한카리아스 which confirms the list. Therefore, I'm gonna look into this a bit more, since that document was released by TPC International, not Pokémon Korea; I just want to make doubly sure that TPC International got the names from Pokémon Korea themselves and didn't take it upon themselves to Romanize it, or maybe Pokémon Korea is just being lazy about applying it consistantly to official merch, etc etc. That is unless there IS a document released by Pokémon Korea which confirms TPC International's document? That would definitely save me some trouble.
Fundamentally though, I see no reason NOT to use it, because it's still an official list in any case. Hopefully I can find the official Romanizations for Gen 6 Pokémon as well! -- Nick15 (talk) 04:01, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Something want to talk privately okay? Raymond 16:58, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Just thought I would notify you that there is a lot of pages in the category Articles needing translation that need Chinese translations (mostly manga pages that I have added). Lady Ariel 01:35, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
Moves and Abilities in other languages
May I know if the Moves/Abilities in other languages if anyone is doing on adding the Chinese names. So I was wondering if we're going to use the table as seen here or with this template which would have to be edited to "English/Japanese/French.../Korean/Chinese". But then, on the Skill page, which Pokémon Shuffle may not be having the Chinese version, is also using the template. Or I should leave it alone for now :) — Ruixiang95 15:24, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- Just leave them alone for now. There are still some issues to work out with those pages and a decision still has yet to be made. --超龍「Chao」 00:56, 15 February 2017 (UTC)
Kahuna and trial captains Names
Not to be rude or anything but if saying things like it is seems forced then we can retconned names of gym leaders also saying their names seems forced too.
Also what you said that hapu's name is coincidental here is a wiki link describing her possible naming and the relation of it to ground type understand it well. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hapū
- Name origins are given leeway to a reasonable extent, but the ones you've added are dubious at best.
- According to the article you linked, it just means "clan" or "pregnant." Her name is not Whenua, so there's no point in listing that out. The article only discusses the trend in words for social units to be named after body parts (or its state).
- As for Mina, "tiny" is too vague to be connected to fairies. That's like associating "large" to dragons. Besides, I'm not even sure if that's correct considering that you said the same thing for "love."
- Also, I've removed your etymology for Hala. Haul and Hala sounds nothing alike in Japanese. --超龍「Chao」 03:11, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
Chinese names on Zen Mode
- My bad, top one is supposed to be games, but Abcboy already fixed that, so... --超龍「Chao」 00:33, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
Unshō Ishizuka should have a famous role of Bunta Fujiwara of Initial D. It was sad that the news didn't mentioned it. KyleRGiggs 15:13, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
Request to review Chinese pinyin in a draft article in my userspace
I compiled a list of common phrases from fortune-teller tents (Festival Plaza) in other languages as a draft article in my userspace, and I need someone fluent in Chinese who can review the pinyin I have in that list and make any corrections there. According to the Staff page, you have an intermediate-level knowledge of Chinese (zh-2), so maybe you could help me here. The Staff page also mentions Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) as a native Chinese speaker (zh-N), so I am also asking her this just in case you cannot. Thankee! --SilSinn (TIDs: 768426S, 123446UM) (talk) 10:14, 3 January 2019 (UTC)
- I'll look into it when I find the time. --超龍「Chao」 02:04, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- Don’t worry, there is no hurry. You can take your time (given that you have to balance your admin duties not just here but also on 52poké) while I work on other draft stuff, including an English version of 52poké’s article on Festival Plaza’s fortune-teller tents which includes a list of all common phrases along with unlock rates and game origins. --SilSinn (TIDs: 768426S, 123446UM) (talk) 03:50, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
I saw the recent news where it mentions "Alcreme". I wanted to create a redirect to "Alcremie" but you deleted because it was unneeded. I'd you think if this redirect is a mistake, can you the editors about this mistake? TwistedMeow (talk) 03:59, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- Uh, what? ¿¡Unowninator?! (talk) 04:16, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- There's no need to create a redirect for a typo on Bulbanews. As for the news article, that has now been corrected. --超龍「Chao」 05:15, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
Unable to Edit Userspace
Hey, I've been a user for a good while now and have edited multiple pages. Despite this, I am unable to edit my userpage. I understand the code of conduct in relation to editing these pages and had believed I had followed them enough to warrant an unlock, but it still remains unavailable to me. Is there a way to possibly unlock this for me? Thanks. Brawlersinthezone (talk) 19:46, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
- New users must make a certain amount of edits before they can edit their userpage. Just keep on making edits on the mainspace and it will automatically unlock. --超龍「Chao」 08:20, 10 January 2020 (UTC)