Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check the Bulbagarden home page for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the forums or in the Bulbagarden Discord server.
A Mega Ring (Japanese: メガリング Mega Ring) is a Key Item introduced in Generation VI. It is a Key Stone accessory that enables Mega Evolution.
In the core series games
At the Tower of Mastery, Gurkinn offers a single Mega Ring to the player and their friends, but due to only having a single Mega Ring to give away, requests that they decide among themselves who should receive it. Of the group, only the player and Serena/Calem are interested in receiving it, so the two battle to decide who should receive it. Upon defeating Serena/Calem, the player must obtain the Rumble Badge at the Shalour Gym and then go to the top of the Tower of Mastery to receive the ring from Korrina.
After the player has defeated their rival in Kiloude City once, Professor Sycamore will upgrade the player's Mega Ring at the Anistar Sundial by having the player touch the sundial. Once upgraded, the player can then find hidden Mega Stones around Kalos from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Non-player character appearances
- In Pokémon X and Y, after the player has visited Kiloude City and participated in a battle at the Battle Maison, Calem/Serena will battle the player once per day at the northern part of the city, having obtained their own Mega Ring.
- In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, CourtneyOR and MattAS use Mega Rings during the Delta Episode, although they are not seen on their artwork.
- In Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon, Sina and Dexio use white Mega Rings, which they each wear around their left wrist, though only Dexio has the opportunity to use it outside the Battle Tree.
Allows the player to Mega Evolve their Pokémon if they hold the appropriate Mega Stone. Each Trainer can only Mega Evolve one Pokémon per battle.
In the anime
In Mega Evolution Special I, Alain was seen wearing a Mega Ring, which he uses to Mega Evolve his Charizard into Mega Charizard X. In Mega Evolution Special II, it was revealed that he received it from Lysandre. After the Team Flare crisis, Alain gave his Mega Ring to the authorities to be used as evidence.
In Curtain Up! Fight the Fights!, Alain was revealed to have obtained a new Mega Ring.
In The Visionary, Calem and Serena were seen wearing a Mega Ring each. Neither of them was used during the episode.
In the manga
X & Y chapter
X was given a Mega Ring with a Key Stone inside by Gurkinn as a child. With it, he can Mega Evolve his Li'l Kanga, Salamè, Élec, Garma, and Rute, into Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Charizard X, Mega Manectric, Mega Gengar, and Mega Pinsir, respectively.
In Pinsir Glares, Y was made a Mega Evolution successor by Gurkinn and given a Mega Ring outfitted with the Key Stone from Gurkinn's Mega Glove. With it, she can Mega Evolve her Solsol into Mega Absol.
Pokémon - The Legend of the Dragon King
Taichi owns a Mega Ring, which allows him to Mega Evolve his Ampharos into Mega Ampharos.
- Lysandre's Key Stone accessory is also known as a Mega Ring. However, instead of his wrist, he wears it on his left middle finger.
In other languages
- Key Stone
- Mega Bracelet
- Mega Evolution
- Mega Stone
- List of Key Items (Generation VI)
- Trainers with Key Stones
|This item article is part of Project ItemDex, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on all items.|