List of Pokémon by Sinnoh Pokédex number
In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl as well as their remakes Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl it has 151 Pokémon, while in Pokémon Platinum it has 210 Pokémon. No Pokémon have different Pokédex numbers between these different versions: Platinum appended 59 additional Pokémon to the end of the Diamond and Pearl Pokédex, and Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have the same Pokédex as Diamond and Pearl, removing the Platinum expansion and leaving that expansion exclusive to Platinum.
Changes between versions
Only in Pokémon Platinum, the Pokédex was expanded to have 210 entries, with the new additions added to the end of the Pokédex.
In Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, the Sinnoh Pokédex is the same as in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, removing the Pokémon Platinum expansion.
In addition, with the introduction of the Fairy-type in Generation VI, Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Azurill, Marill, and Azumarill had their types changed from pure Normal-type (Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, and Azurill), pure Water-type (Marill and Azumarill) and pure Psychic-type (Mime Jr. and Mr. Mime) to pure Fairy, Normal/Fairy, Water/Fairy, and Psychic/Fairy respectively. These Pokémon have these new types in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
List of Pokémon by Sinnoh Pokédex number
Diamond, Pearl, Brilliant Diamond, and Shining Pearl edition
#001 - #052 Turtwig - Dustox
#053 - #101 Combee - Clefable
#102 - #151 Chatot - Manaphy
#152 - #210 Rotom - Giratina
Absent Generation IV Pokémon
Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, 26 Pokémon introduced in Generation IV are absent in the Sinnoh Pokédex:
- Some cross-generational evolutions: Gliscor, Probopass, Gallade, Lickilicky, Leafeon, Glaceon, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Porygon-Z, Electivire, Magmortar, Mamoswine, and Froslass
- Some Legendary Pokémon: Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, and Cresselia
- Some Mythical Pokémon: Phione (whose status as Mythical is disputed), Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.
Most of the cross-generational evolutions introduced in this generation are among the excluded Pokémon. However, some are present: Ambipom, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Weavile, and Roserade. All the baby Pokémon introduced in this generation (Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, and Mantyke) are present in the Sinnoh Pokédex as well.
In Pokémon Platinum, the expanded Sinnoh Pokédex included Rotom, Giratina, and all the cross-generational evolutions previously excluded, together with their full evolutionary families (as well as eight other earlier Pokémon: Houndour, Houndoom, Swablu, Altaria, Tropius, Scyther, Scizor, and Absol).
- This is the first regional Pokédex listing to be enlarged.
- This is the only regional Pokédex listing not to include all the new Pokémon introduced in its corresponding generation. The Hisui Pokédex does include all Generation IV Pokémon, however.
- Excluding the Platinum expansion, this is the only Pokédex listing to have the same amount of Pokémon as another Pokédex listing: the Kanto Pokédex.
- According to the TCG, the model of Pokédex in Sinnoh is the Pokédex HANDY910is.
- The Sinnoh Pokédex was the first regional Pokédex to include ordinary Pokémon (non-Legendary, non-pseudo-legendary, and non-Mythical) after pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
- This is the only regional Pokédex to not include any Pokémon compatible with the Sun Stone or the Leaf Stone.
- Eevee would later become compatible with the Leaf Stone in Pokémon Sword and Shield, but only the original Sinnoh Pokédex returns in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, which does not include Eevee.
- Excluding the Platinum expansion, this is also the only regional Pokédex to not include any Pokémon compatible with the Fire Stone or the Water Stone.
- This is the first Pokédex not to feature the Sandshrew, Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Oddish, Doduo, Grimer, Voltorb, Koffing, Horsea, Staryu, or Pinsir evolutionary families.
- This Pokédex and the Hisui Pokédex are the only Pokédexes not to feature the Jigglypuff evolutionary familiy