From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
This is a list of Pokémon in the order dictated by the Sinnoh regional Pokédex
, meaning that the starter Pokémon from Sinnoh
will appear first, followed by Pokémon native to the Sinnoh region.
In Pokémon Platinum, this Pokédex listing was expanded. For Pokémon that appear in the expanded listing, but do not in the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl listing, please see this section.
List of Pokémon by Sinnoh Pokédex number
Diamond and Pearl edition
#001 - #052 Turtwig - Dustox
#053 - #101 Combee - Clefable
#102 - #151 Chatot - Manaphy
#152 - #210 Rotom - Giratina
Absent Generation IV Pokémon
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, 26 Pokémon introduced in Generation IV are absent in the Sinnoh Pokédex:
- Some cross-generational evolutions: Gliscor, Probopass, Gallade, Lickilicky, Leafeon, Glaceon, Togekiss, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Porygon-Z, Electivire, Magmortar, Mamoswine, and Froslass
- Some Legendary Pokémon: Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, and Cresselia
- Some Mythical Pokémon: Phione (whose status as Mythical is disputed), Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus
Most of the cross-generational evolutions introduced in this generation are among the excluded Pokémon. However, some are present: Ambipom, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Weavile, and Roserade. All the baby Pokémon introduced in this generation (Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, and Mantyke) are present in the Sinnoh Pokédex as well.
In Pokémon Platinum, the expanded Sinnoh Pokédex included Rotom, Giratina, and all the cross-generational evolutions previously excluded, together with their full evolutionary families (as well as eight other earlier Pokémon: Houndour, Houndoom, Swablu, Altaria, Tropius, Scyther, Scizor, and Absol).
However, 7 Generation IV Pokémon are still excluded from the Sinnoh Pokédex in Pokémon Platinum: Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.
- This is the first regional Pokédex listing to be enlarged.
- This is the only regional Pokédex listing not to include all the new Pokémon introduced in its corresponding generation.
- Excluding the Platinum expansion, this was the only Pokédex listing to have the same amount of Pokémon as another: the Kanto Pokédex.
- According to the TCG, the model of Pokédex in Sinnoh is the Pokédex HANDY910is.
- The Sinnoh Pokédex was the first regional Pokédex to include ordinary Pokémon (non-Legendary, non-pseudo-legendary, and non-Mythical) after pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
- This is the only regional Pokédex to not include any Pokémon compatible with the Sun Stone or the Leaf Stone, although Leafeon would later become compatible with the Leaf Stone in Generation VIII.
- Excluding the Platinum expansion, this was also the only one to not include any Pokémon compatible with the Fire Stone or the Water Stone.