From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Battlus (Japanese: バトラス Battlus), known as Somek in Pokémon Colosseum, is the final Trainer of Mt. Battle. He is known as the Mt.BtlMaster in Colosseum and Mt BtlMaster in XD: Gale of Darkness. He is a huge, muscular Bodybuilder and one of the strongest Trainers in either game. He can only be battled after the player has defeated the 99 Trainers at Mt. Battle. In battle, he favors Earthquake, as well as using Pokémon that are immune to it, either by being Flying-type, or by having Levitate as their Ability.
In Pokémon Colosseum, Somek gives the player 1200 Poké Coupons upon being defeated, and tells him not to be content with his current level of training and always strive to be better.
In Pokémon XD, after his defeat, if the player cleared Mt. Battle in one go without changing their party Pokémon, Battlus offers the player the opportunity to pick one of the three Johto starter Pokémon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile. His Pokémon team is one of the strongest in the entire game, as all his Pokémon are at level 70.
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
Battlus gives one of these Johto starters away if the player defeats him after conquering the whole mountain without cutting through any floors or touching their PC in the rest zones. To get the other two as well, the player has to battle the whole Mt. Battle again. The three Pokémon are all obtained at level 5 and all have two special attacks: Chikorita has Frenzy Plant and AncientPower, Cyndaquil has Blast Burn and Reversal, and Totodile has Hydro Cannon and Crunch.
- "Welcome! So good of you to come! I'm Somek, the final trainer of Mt. Battle! Now show me the results of your training. Don't hold anything back!"
- "This is fantastic! I say fantastic! You had to defeat me! Now, I'd like you to have this!"
- "And for your Pokémon that battled so fantastically, I have some commemorative Ribbons."
- "Congratulations! But don't be content with this! Don't neglect your training!"
Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- "Very good of you to come. I'm Battlus, the Master of Mt. Battle. Let me test your abilities in the Mt. Battle Colosseum. Who will win, you or I?"
- "Magnificent! Yes, truly magnificent! You, being so young, may not understand how I can be so happy about losing. Well, I'm delighted, even ecstatic, that someone so young as you could defeat me. Congratulations. Here are your Poké Coupons for clearing Area 10."
- If all 100 Trainers are defeated with the same party during a single, continuous challenge
- "...Oh, my! You did it! You cleared Mt. Battle entirely without changing your Pokémon once! Your talent is incredible! Without thoroughly knowing and trusting your Pokémon, this feat would have been simply impossible! For your record-setting Pokémon, let me give you these as mementos of your training here at Mt. Battle. They're exclusive Ribbons for commemorating their 100-win streak at Mt. Battle. You can take pride in it!"
- "Also, I would like you to have one of these very special Pokémon. I've been planning to give them to a Trainer who has shown me extraordinary promise. I'm quite proud of them. Here! Choose one!"
- "So, you'll take my <Pokémon chosen>? Raise it with loving care! I want you to never forget the way you feel now. I want you to keep battling on with that feeling in your heart. And one day... I want you to return and defeat me again! I'll be expecting you!"
- If party and PC boxes are full
- "Oh, my! Both your party and the PC Storage System are full! You can't accept my Pokémon! It's terribly disappointing. On your next challenge, make sure you have room for one more Pokémon. You'll do fine. I'm sure that you will make it back here again. I'll be expecting you!"
- If all 100 Trainers are defeated with different parties or during multiple challenges
- "Promise me that you'll keep getting stronger and better. I hope you'll betray my expectations by surpassing them!"
||From battle and Atlas, the titan in Greek mythology who held the sky on his shoulders
||Same as Japanese name
||Similar to Somek