From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Artwork with Groudon
|| Ground, Rock
| Default Pokémon
Shingen (Japanese: シンゲン Shingen) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
In the games
| Warrior Skill
| Perfect Links
Shingen and other Warlords having a feast
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 75% link with Rhyperior after having completed The Joy of Battle.
- "Still snoozing away...?"
- With low health or a status ailment:
- "Hmm, this looks bad..."
- "This is all but wrapped up."
- "Right, let's venture forth!"
- "It's my turn, is it?"
- "Let's prove just how strong we are."
- "You know what, <Pokémon's name>... Win too convincingly, and you start to grow careless... Everything in moderation—that's my motto."
- "<move's name>! Right now!"
- When ordering to go to battle:
- "I'll put this one to bed in no time."
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- "Shall we set off?"
- "Now that I've managed to link with <Pokémon's name>, it's time to get training!"
- "<item> time, I think."
- "See what you make of this one..."
- "We've gone and won again."
- "There you go! Not bad, hmm?"
- "Hmm... I see your strength surpasses even mine..."
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "I don't believe it..."
- "Well, they got us, and no mistake..."
- "I'm ready to give all I've got alongside you."
- "So I told them."
- "The other Warlords, the ones at that gathering... I told them that my lad Yukimura is the very best there is... And that they would all soon see what you're capable of!"
- "Now, make sure you don't let me down, Yukimura. Or else I'm going to look very stupid."
- "Yes, yes... That's the spirit. Okay then, whenever you're ready..."
- "You did it, Yukimura. I knew you would."
- "Haha! That's the Yukimura I know! But for once, I would like it if you could celebrate your success."
- "So the contest has been decided... But it took so much longer than expected... I'm exhausted..."
- "Yes... But I can no longer continue as Warlord..."
- "Hahaha... Funnily enough...I was thinking of asking Yukimura here to be my successor."
Lively and mischievous, his self-confidence knows no bounds. Kenshin's lifelong rival.
Shingen is based on the real-life Takeda Shingen of Japanese history. He and Kenshin (Uesugi Kenshin) were honorable rivals of one another. Nobushige (Takeda Nobushige) was his younger brother and Katsuyori (Takeda Katsuyori) was his son. Nobutsuna (Sanada Nobutsuna), Masatoyo (Naitō Masatoyo), and Masakage (Yamagata Masakage) were some of his twenty-four generals. Masanobu (Kōsaka Masanobu), Masatoshi (Hoshina Masatoshi), and Yukitaka (Sanada Yukitaka) were three revered warriors also serving him, known as his three Danjōchū (Japanese: 弾正忠). Chiyome (Mochizuki Chiyome) was said to be left in his care on occasion; she is apparently who Kunoichi is based on.