From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Artwork with Pineco
|| Bug, Steel
| Default Pokémon
Yoshimoto (Japanese: ヨシモト) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
In the games
| Warrior Skill
|| Deep Breath
| Perfect Links
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 55% link with Pineco or Forretress.
- "Still lounging about, are we?"
- With low health or a status ailment:
- "Oh! We may be able to win this!"
- "Let's go!"
- "Oh! I wonder if they play Pokémari?"
- "Oh! Battles are such fun!"
- "Ohh! I can't see any Pokémari balls around here at all! Doesn't anyone ever play Pokémari on this battlefield?"
- "It's <move's name> time!"
- When ordering to go to battle:
- "I shall spread the joy of Pokémari throughout this land!"
- To a wild Pokémon location:
- "Time for some fun, I say!"
- "I linked with <Pokémon's name>! Now we'll always be together!"
- "<item>...? Yes, let's do it!"
- "This should bring us some peace!"
- "We won! What a delightful result!"
- "You see! I don't miss a thing in battle!"
- "You're so nimble! Have you considered trying your hand at Pokémari?"
- If defeated by something other than the enemy:
- "Ohh... Oh no!"
- "<Pokémon's name> and I will retreat, I think."
- "Thank you! I'll most gladly join you!"
Once a talented fighter, he now prefers to devote his energy to the game of Pokémari. A dandy with little knowledge of how the real world works, his naivety often lands him in troubles.
Yoshimoto is based on the real-life Imagawa Yoshimoto of Japanese history. Ujichika (Imagawa Ujichika) was his father, Sessai (Taigen Sessai) was his uncle, and Ujizane (Imagawa Ujizane) was his son. Yasutomo (Asahina Yasutomo), Motozane (Abe Motozane), and Masatsuna (Okabe Masatsuna) were all samurai under him.
- Yoshimoto's appearance and interest in Pokémari is probably a reference to the fact that the real life Imagawa Yoshimoto was a fan of Noh (a form of Japanese opera) and Waka (a type of Japanese poetry).