From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Artwork with Luxio
| Default Pokémon
Ginchiyo (Japanese: ギンチヨ) is a Warlord in Pokémon Conquest.
In the games
| Warrior Skill
| Perfect Links
- Transforms to Rank II by reaching a 60% link with Luxio or Luxray while Muneshige is in a non-adjacent kingdom.
- "Don't give in!"
- "Our pride will not permit defeat!"
- "On my honor, you will be stopped!"
- "I shall win, even if I am the last one standing! That is the very strength on which my clan prides itself!"
- "<move's name>! Do it!"
- When ordering to go to battle:
- "Let us stake our reputation on our victory!"
- "Take this!"
- If she attacked a castle:
- "Defeat is simply inconceivable!"
- If she defended a castle:
- "<kingdom> shall never be yours as long as I draw breath!"
- "I feel we could achieve great things together."
- "Gah...I can't believe you let them get the better of you, <Pokémon's Name>."
- "Henceforth, my strength lies with you."
- "It is my wish to go on a training trip in order to strengthen my bond with <Pokémon's name>. Do I have your permission?"
- "I am grateful to you. I shall return."
- "I see."
- When returning from a training trip:
- "Here I am. The trip was good for me. It seems that <Pokémon's name> also grew stronger."
Born to a clan famous for producing talents Warriors who fight alongside Electric-type Pokémon. Fiercely proud, she does not forgive easily.
Ginchiyo is based on the real-life Tachibana Ginchiyo of Japanese history. Muneshige was her husband and Dōsetsu (Tachibana Dōsetsu) was her father. The Tachibana served as retainers to the Ōtomo clan, which included Sōrin (Ōtomo Sōrin). Her father-in-law, Shōun (Takahashi Shōun), was also a retainer of the Ōtomo.
- In Japanese history, Tachibana Ginchiyo's father, Tachibana Dōsetsu, gained the epithet "Thunder God" (雷神 Raijin) after surviving being struck by lightning (described in myth as Dōsetsu having cut in two the thunder god inside the lightning with his sword, Chidori). Ginchiyo's Electric-type specialty and status as Warlord of Ransei's Electric-type kingdom is a reference to this relation.