Ancient Trait Cards
I was hoping you could answer some of my queries:
1. I have noticed that the Ancient Trait 'variety' of card renowned for its artwork style differences and ancient trait abilities (not included in other card types, though some cross over exists with some Mega Evolution cards also listed as Ancient Trait cards e.g. M Sceptile and M Rayquaza) is not listed as a TCG Pokémon card type, is there a reason for this?
2. Also should Kingdra's Primal Clash 108 and XY39 (which redirects to Primal Clash 108) cards be listed as separate cards in the Ancient Trait article due to artwork differences or not?
I look forward to hearing your response,
- 1) Because they aren't. They're Abilities by a different name, not a card classification.
- 2)Sure. glikglak 11:33, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for the clarification Glik. Much appreciated PardescanSlowbro (talk) 15:20, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
- If I may jump in - wouldn't listing them as separate cards be somewhat redundant for the Ancient Trait article? The formatting for that article for TCG listing is different from say, Pokémon-ex, so there's not as much of a necessity to list every single appearance, unless we want to change Ancient Trait's format. ht14 16:13, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for the clarification Glik. Much appreciated PardescanSlowbro (talk) 15:20, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
Spark on Thundurus-GX
Hello! I saw you added the attack "Spark" to this card but it's shown as "Charge" in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. Was that a mistake on the page or the first attack is known as "Spark" on the physical card or the Japanese release? --Mine4017 (talk) 13:37, 7 July 2018 (UTC)
GX Start Decks
Sorry for that talk page, I created it by mistake.
I thought I found something interesting when his Persian kept outspeeding my trained Ribombee, so I was going to write something about my tests. But I just found out that more important trainers have max IV and EV in important stats and 15IV in the rest. Apparently also nature, since that plus my tests confirms timid for Persian. Arctic (talk) 19:03, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
- A user is declared irredeemable if they cause enough problems to warrant a permaban. Such users tend to ignore warnings and repeat the actions that got them in trouble in the first place. Berrenta (talk) 22:04, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
Sky-Splitting Charisma cards
Are all the images for the Sky-Splitting Charisma expansion to be moved to the new name? If so, I'll leave each card pages as it is until all the images have been moved to the correct translation name. — Ruixiang95 01:55, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
Evolutions & Celestial Storm Cards
I was recently looking through the recent Celestial Storm (TCG) article and noticed that many of the cards share the same artwork as many previous sets, and what alarmed me was that only Trainer cards had redirects to the original card pages, while the Pokemon species cards don't. This is also the case for the Evolutions (TCG), is there a reason for this?PardescanSlowbro (talk) 01:14, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- The Trainer cards are direct reprints, while those Pokémon species may have differences in their HP, Weakness, Resistance, Attack cost, Attack power etc. That's why those Pokémon species cards are new pages instead of being redirected to their original pages. When they have the exact stats, they will be redirected, a good example would be Dunsparce. — Ruixiang95 03:19, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
Offensive username alert
Shouldn't R's page be about the substance in Detective Pikachu?
I asked Chosen 5 days ago, but he never responded. Anyway, there's a substance called R in the game Detective Pikachu, and it's a big part of the game's story. When I went to search its article, it redirects me to the Trainer Tower instead. I am definitely not able to write the article myself (I sucked at Language Arts), but I also don't want to leave the page as this redirect. What can I do? ¿¡Unowninator?! (talk) 00:18, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Find someone who's actually played the game? I've spent all of ten minutes on it. glikglak 00:31, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- I see. Do you know another staff member that does play the game, or do I have to ask them one by one? ¿¡Unowninator?! (talk) 00:41, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
Prism Star Card Page
I have made a start on the Prism Star Card page, it's currently under my user page at User:PardescanSlowbro/Pokémon ♢ (TCG). I've taken inspiration on its current content from other TCG category pages, but my knowledge is limited and I'm certain it still needs work to have the same technical details like other pages. Would you mind having a look over it and make any necessary changes, or at least point me to someone who may be interested to add more detail to it so then it can be mainspaced. PardescanSlowbro (talk) 00:35, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Because it's not strictly a Pokémon card classification, it's gonna be named Prism Star (TCG). So, change the article to fit that and I'll mainspace it. glikglak 01:06, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
Update TCGGallery template
- No. If it actually needs more than what it has, it'll need to be reworked to be less resource-intensive. Until then, use the template twice.
- That being said, some of your uploads shouldn't be there. We have to limit the extent of TCG images we have, so cards that're the same except for expansion symbols or Holofoil differences don't get their own images. Also, the gallery should try to remain in release order as much as possible.
- The release part of the infobox should also try to be in release order; splitting the English and Japanese releases apart isn't acceptable. Breaking down what events the cards were obtainable at is for a release information section, not the infobox. glikglak 23:12, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, I apologize for reordering the infobox. It can be tough trying to distinguish event/promo/unnumbered cards and what list they correspond too since sellers and websites label them differently. My intention was to shed some light on what the different variations of fire energies actually look like. TheFierceStorm (talk) 13:40, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
I'm just am listing facts about that Pokédex #153-807 are unavailable in Let's Go!. So for example on game data. This Pokémon was unavailable prior to Generations II-VII and Let's Go! on the species's game data. From, Sean 00:40, 1 March 2019 (UTC)
- What you were doing was breaking the template. We'll make a proper way to display that soon. Also, your signature has to have a link to your userpage or your talk page. glikglak 00:49, 1 March 2019 (UTC)
If I provide an image that needs uploading so that I can use it on one of the pages, can I provide it to you? I'm not autoconfirmed because theres only 2 pages I'm interested in really maintaining but haven't needed to upload an image until now. Junebug12851 (talk) 01:13, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
- Sure. glikglak 01:53, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thank You Junebug12851 (talk) 02:06, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
- And what is this for/called? glikglak 02:22, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
Tyranitar Half Deck languages?
Hi there. I saw in the history of the Tyranitar Half Deck that you provided most information in 2015. In particular I'm interested to know about the different languages of the deck. I've seen cards of the deck in English and Italian before, but I'm very curious about the Danish and Swedish cards (since no other TCG card exist in those languages as far as I'm aware), and the Dutch ones (since I'm Dutch myself, and the Dutch releases are limited to the Base Set, Jungle set, Fossil set, and two variations of the WotC #4 Pikachu promo as far as I know.
Do you have any sources, or better yet pictures, to back up this information?
Thanks in advance for the response (and Happy Easter-weekend). Greetings, Kevin
PS: Italian isn't mentioned, even though I have seen Italian VS cards before. Will see if I can find them again (either on the Efour forum or Instagram). - unsigned comment from Quaador (talk • contribs)
- A thread on efour or PokeGym had someone (I think a father of one of the participants) post pictures of the lesser/never seen English cards from the deck and they recounted that info. The Italian cards you've seen may have come from the revised version from the 2002 World Championships. I've never been able to find decent information on the event so I can't say for certain. Also, make sure to end your messages with ~~~~. glikglak 17:43, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- Ah ok, in that case I will look around for that old thread on Efour and PokéGym, thanks for the info. And after I just posted my comment I indeed thought the Italian ones might be from another set I was unaware of for the VS cards, even though I only knew about the Japanese release before seeing those English and Italian ones, and reading about this deck here.
- Will now end properly with ~~~~, first time posting on a User Page on Bulbapedia.. Thanks for stating. Quuador (talk) 18:26, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- Same here. --FinnishPokéFan92 (talk) 17:54, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
- I don't remove them. I remove from sections where I mistakenly added them when the Fairy type didn't exist (for example, Emerald move tutors).Yaronos (talk) 17:52, 15 January 2020 (UTC)
Question for page approval
I've already asked Force Fire if the following pages are fine for mainspacing:
- NewMove looks like it would take just as long to use as making a new move page regularly would. I don't deal with glitch mons at all so I don't know how that should be handled. At least ask Chickasaurus if you have all the information correct.
- Regardless, mainspacing is handled by the editorial board. glikglak 21:31, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
VANDAL IN THE SITE
Hi, a user, such as yayboy7 is vandalizing several pages of Bulbapedia. Do you have administrative power to act in this case?Sorry, so if it is not in your jurisdiction. - unsigned comment from Hikaru Wazana (talk • contribs)
Is this signature fine?
So, I was just setting some preferences here, and I read about the thing with superscripts and subscripts in signatures. I was wondering if this signature: InvalidOStalk, which is the signature I use on the English Wikipedia, is fine to use on here, since it has both a superscript and a subscript, but only one of each. The policy is a bit unclear here, since I'm unsure if it means "only one superscript or subscript" or "only one superscript and subscript". InvalidOS (talk) 15:46, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
- "<sup> and <sub> tags are limited to one at a time." is the line in the policy. You have to close them before you can use another one, no doublstacking <sup> tags. glikglak 17:21, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
Double Blast (CTCG) -> Double Burst (ATCG)
I see you've removed my redirect again. I primarily added it because of the header on the Dreams Come True Collection (CTCG) page. It's using the Template:ChineseExpansionPrevNext, which automatically adds a trailing " (CTCG)". Whether that header contains Double Blast or Double Burst is irrelevant, since neither the Double Blast (CTCG) nor Double Burst (CTCG) pages exist right now. I'm not too skilled with the Bulbapedia markup yet, but since you've removed my Redirect, I'll leave it to you to fix the header on the Dreams Come True Collection page... Quuador (talk) 13:32, 29 March 2020 (UTC)
A question regarding ATCG information
Hi! I'm trying to find more information regarding the Pokemon ATCG. I'm from the USA, so finding information regarding this isn't very easy for me. However, seeing as you have contributed a lot of information to some of the expansions for the ATCG, I figure you could help point me in the right direction. Thank you so much! Scoot404 (talk) 07:19, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
- I only know as much as can be gleaned from the countries' official websites like this and their Facebook pages such as this. glikglak 12:21, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
Hey, Recently I edited the Gen 1 Starmie moveset to also include Swift from its prior evoluton Staryu despite the fact it also learns it as a TM. Is there any reason why not to include it twice? I feel like it should be relevant to distinguish that the Starmie can learn Swift by itself for any unique no-TM runs/rules. DDX2 (talk) 10:08, 16 May 2020 (UTC)DDX2
- I can see that being useful given TMs were single-use then. Do you know how often something like that occurs? If it's a lot, I'll have to discuss it with other staff. glikglak 22:51, 17 May 2020 (UTC)
- I've never seen it used outside of my personal friendgroup and none of us are speed-runners or professional players. It's always been for us to create unique tournament rules every so often just to keep things fresh. Although I've considered bringing it up in the Smogon or Pokemon Perfect community just to see if any of them would be interested in trying it for fun as well. - DDX2 (talk) 11:24, 18 May 2020 (UTC)
Pikachu -> Raichu - Thunder Wave, Swift, Thunder (RGB) + Thunderbolt & Double Team (Y)
Nidorino -> Nidoking - Horn Drill
Clefairy -> Clefable - Metronome
Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff - Rest, Body Slam, Double Edge
Gloom -> Vileplume - SolarBeam
Growlithe -> Arcanine - Take Down
Poliwhirl -> Poliwrath - Water Gun, Body Slam
Shellder -> Cloyster - Ice Beam
Exeggcute -> Exeggutor - Reflect, SolarBeam
Staryu -> Starmie - Swift
Eevee -> Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon - Take Down
Also on some interesting unique cases I randomly discovered so far
Primeape can only learn Rage in Yellow if you don't delay Mankeys evolution and let it evolve at level 28.
Slowbro can only learn Withdraw if you don't delay Slowpokes evolution and let it evolve at level 27.
- I made it into a redirect. Pipefan (talk) 08:45, 12 July 2020 (UTC)
Formerly unusable moves in Sword & Shield
Why did you make notes on several pages (like Conversion and Bonemerang) stating that the moves couldn't be selected prior to the version 1.2.0 update? While they couldn't legally be learned by any available Pokemon, the moves were fully programmed in and could be selected if they illegally added to a Pokemon's moveset. Pokemega32 (talk) 07:06, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
- Because they weren't usable. They were flagged as unselectable same as the moves with the removed descriptions. glikglak 11:28, 14 July 2020 (UTC)
Battle Academy cards
While I admire the effort it took to add the Battle Academy cards in into the "additional cards" list for the various sets, I feel it clutters the list up. But if you feel they should be included, then maybe you should include all the cards in the Alolan Sandslash & Alolan Ninetales Trainer Kit as well.