From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Generation VII
| By putting pressure on the opposing Pokémon, it raises their PP usage.
Pressure (Japanese: プレッシャー Pressure) is an Ability introduced in Generation III.
When a Pokémon with Pressure is targeted by a foe's move, one additional PP is deducted upon execution. Consequently, extra PP is deducted even if the foe's move misses, has multiple targets, or is rendered ineffective due to immunity. Pressure applies to allies targeting the Pokémon.
If the move of a Pokémon targets several foes with Pressure, one additional PP will be deducted for each one.
The presence of Pressure is broadcast with the message "<name> is exerting its Pressure!"
This Ability is not affected by Mold Breaker.
Generation V onward
Pokémon no longer have PP deducted by allies with Pressure.
This Ability is not affected by Teravolt or Turboblaze.
Wild Pokémon are more likely to call for help when facing a Pokémon with Pressure. It shares this effect with Intimidate and Unnerve.
Outside of battle
From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with Pressure is in the first place in the party (even if fainted), then Pressure increases the chance of encountering a high-leveled wild Pokémon by 50% (so an otherwise 25% chance would become 75%). It shares this effect with Hustle and Vital Spirit.
Pokémon with Pressure
Pokéstar Studios opponents with Pressure
|| First Ability
|| Second Ability
|| Hidden Ability
| Please note that this is only 100% accurate to Generation VII games.
- For Generation III games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation IV or later and Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation IV games, ignore Hidden Abilities.
- For Generation V games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VI or later.
- For Generation VI games, ignore Abilities introduced in Generation VII.
In the anime
Mewtwo was confirmed to have Pressure on the official Pokémon website, even though it was never demonstrated or mentioned in the anime.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga
- Pressure is the most common Ability amongst Legendary Pokémon.
- Wailmer and Pawniard are the only Pokemon not evolved or fully evolved that have Pressure as their Abilities, and both can only have this ability as their Hidden Ability.
In other languages