From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Archen (Japanese: アーケン Archen) is a character in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. He is a member of the Expedition Society and the specialist in sky expeditions, despite the fact that he cannot fly.
Archen is first seen running past the player and partner as they chase after Swirlix after she ate all their food. He later accompanies them on an expedition where they discover the stone bodies of Latios and Latias.
Archen later goes with the player and partner to Serene Village in pursuit of Krookodile and end up on Revelation Mountain where Archen is turned to stone by Nuzleaf and Yveltal.
- At dinner the day the player first meets Krookodile:
- "You two sure have some good appetites on you! ♪ I like to see that! Eat up so that you have plenty of energy to take on some grand adventures!"
- "Oh, across the sea."
- "That's right. But I can't actually fly myself, so I have to ride on Lapras to get there."
- "The Lapras Travel Liner, of course. It leaves from the port here. What, you guys haven't been? Do you want to come with me?"
- "If you're really going to fill out that World Map of yours, I think you've got to. Shouldn't you get it out of the way?"
- "All right. If that's what you want, come along with me tomorrow. And eat up well tonight! You're going to need your energy!"
- "All righty. Shall we make for the harbor?"
- If spoken to while en route to the harbor:
- "We should get to the harbor."
- "Hmm. I'd rather it was just for fun. But I'm afraid it's just another day of work."
- "Don't ask me why, but the boss approved it this time."
- "But I'll go along with you this first time, just in case. First we'll have to get you some passes, and then..."
- "Huh? Me?! Guess I have to say yes here..."
- "And that's all there is to it. I don't care where we go. Just give us the cheapest passes you've got."
- "Ha...ha ha..."
- "Huh? What?"
- "I feel like I've been sleeping for hours... Where did we end up, anyway?"
- "*yawn* I guess my brain is still sleeping, because I've got no idea where we are... I'm completely lost. Why don't we fire up the Expedition Gadget's map and have a look? What in the— Th-the Air Continent?! Wait... What? We...we came all the way to the Air Continent?!"
- "All you had to do was take us to some little island near the town! How could you dump me here, Lapras?!"
- "Urk! I did? I never even looked at the passes that I bought... Sorry, kids. And this is your first trip overseas and everything... Look at me, ruining your first big trip because I wasn't paying attention..."
- "Erm... Just for a little bit then. Well, this is Baram Town, anyway. It's got a café and shops and all, just like back in Lively Town. You can go exploring dungeons from here, too. All the dungeons from the Air Continent can be reached from right here, in fact. But we're not going to any of them today. You got that? We'll have a quick look around the town and then get you two back home safe."
- The morning of the first day in Chapter 15:
- "How are they gonna turn HIM to stone?!"
- "This warning was in the plaza... I can't imagine Entei losing..."
- "Mawile! Dedenne!"
For more information on this Pokémon's species, see Archen.