From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is about an episode of the Pokémon anime that has not been dubbed into English. As such, its coverage may contain romanized Japanese names, rather than dub names.
Battle and Catch! The Revival of Mewtwo
|| November 20, 2020
| United States
|| Team Kato
|| 米村正二 Shōji Yonemura
|| 冨安大貴 Daiki Tomiyasu
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation directors
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| 志村泉 Izumi Shimura
| No additional credits are available at this time.
(Japanese: バトル＆ゲット！ミュウツーの復活 Battle and Catch! The Revival of Mewtwo) is the 46th episode of Pokémon Journeys: The Series, and the 1,131st episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on November 20, 2020.
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
TV episode debuts
Who's That Pokémon?: Gyarados
- Get Inspired! Let's Solve a Poké Riddle!!: Mewtwo
- This episode marks the first appearance of a number of Pokémon species in the main series after long absences:
- Mewtwo's Pokémon group in this episode, Mareep, Skitty, Buneary, Patrat, Skiddo, and Mudbray, is a reference to the animals used in cloning research in the real world.
- This episode marks the first appearance of an Autumn Form Deerling in the anime, although merely as one of Mew's transformations.
- The introduction to the Pokémon world at the beginning of the episode is a reference of the intro used in the Pokémon movies.
- Mewtwo descending down to meet Ash and Goh is a reference to how it descended down to face the Trainers gathered on New Island in Mewtwo Strikes Back.
- Goh, Ash, Chrysa, Meowth, Jessie, James, and Pikachu narrate the preview for the next episode.
In other languages