|Settling the Scorbunny!
Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!
|December 8, 2019
|June 12, 2020
Settling the Scorbunny! (Japanese: 行くぜガラル地方！ヒバニーとの出会い！！ Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!) is the fourth episode of Pokémon Journeys: The Series, and the 1,089th episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on December 8, 2019, in the United Kingdom on May 25, 2020, as a sneak peek, in Canada on May 30, 2020, and in the United States on June 12, 2020.
Ash and Goh head to the Galar region to see a phenomenon where Pokémon grow giant-sized, but it’ll be a while before their train departs. Making the best of the layover, they grab a snack, but a mischievous Scorbunny and a trio of Nickit distract them and make off with their food—along with Ash’s backpack! Our heroes pursue the Pokémon, but when Scorbunny gets caught by an angry shopkeeper, Goh tries to help the Pokémon by claiming to be its Trainer! The shop keeper knows the truth, but he lets the Pokémon go, and Ash and Goh eventually return to the train…with Scorbunny secretly trailing close behind!
As Goh brushes his teeth, he ignores Ash, who is rapidly brushing his own teeth by shaking his head from side to side. Later, Goh rushes off in a hurry to see Professor Cerise in the lab. He shows him a news article out of Galar that mentions a phenomenon that causes Pokémon to grow giant, intriguing Ash. At the boys' requests, Cerise agrees to send them to the Galar region to learn more about the mysterious phenomenon.
Ash and Goh arrive at Wyndon through a plane and train ride. Upon arriving, Goh takes a moment to check his Rotom Phone for the station concierge where they learn that the next train to the Wild Area is three hours away. Goh is keen to get going right away, but the option of a bus, which is six hours away, leaves the boys stuck in Wyndon for the time being. Ash suggests they find a place to eat, and he soon locates a store using his sense of smell. They buy a heap of Galar’s famous scones. While enjoying the treats, two stones are thrown overhead, hitting a nearby bin. Pikachu goes over to investigate while Goh and Ash zero in on the culprit - a mischievous Scorbunny. While the boys are distracted trying to get a shot of Scorbunny, a group of Nickit pilfer through Ash's bag for food. The Nickit run off with Ash's backpack, and Scorbunny also makes a getaway. Realizing the Pokémon are working together, Ash and Goh chase them down an alleyway. The boys fall for Scorbunny's bike bell distraction, allowing the Nickit to get further away. Goh and Ash decide to split up to cover more ground.
Goh soon spots a series of footprints left by Scorbunny down one of the laneways, while Ash is only finding dead ends. Goh calls Ash to alert him of the find, and together they spy on Scorbunny and the Nickit. Goh takes the opportunity to scan Nickit with his Pokédex function, learning that it is a talented scavenger thanks to the soft pads on its feet. Though the device is unable to recognize Scorbunny, with the prospect of an entirely new species exciting the boys. Meanwhile, Scorbunny splits the spoils, and the Pokémon enjoy the scones. Ash, however, is furious and his comment is heard by Scorbunny. Realizing he has been found out, Ash rushes out of hiding to approach Scorbunny. However, the Rabbit Pokémon kicks Ash's backpack sky high and out of Ash’s reach. Scorbunny turns its attention to Ash, though Pikachu blocks its incoming Double Kick. Ash decides to battle Scorbunny, so he orders Pikachu to use Iron Tail. Scorbunny makes a stealthy dodge with Quick Attack, running up a wall before striking down at its opponent, though Pikachu dodges. Pikachu replies with a Thunderbolt, but Scorbunny speeds off, only to run into a bin. Ash calls for an Electroweb which ensnares Scorbunny, delivering a direct zap and defeating it. As Pikachu and Ash celebrate their win, Scorbunny is frustrated by the loss. Pikachu scales a light pole and throws Ash’s backpack down to its rightful owner. Ash turns his attention to Scorbunny, but the Pokémon kicks Ash from behind in revenge. Pikachu promptly shocks Scorbunny and Ash to settle the situation. Goh comments that Scorbunny was impressive. The Pokémon seems chuffed by the compliment, rubbing its face to reveal some of its naturally white fur underneath the soot, much to Goh's surprise.
The scone man from earlier yells at the Nickit for running off with his scones. He corners the Nickit trio in an alleyway, and lifts Scorbunny up by the ears as it tries to intervene. Goh rushes in, apologizing on behalf of "his" Scorbunny's actions. Everyone returns to the scone shop, with Scorbunny and its Nickit friends receiving some complimentary scones. Goh is taken aback as the man says he knew that Goh lied about "Scorbunny". Learning of the Rabbit Pokémon's species name, Goh looks Scorbunny up on his Rotom Phone with a voice command. Goh is perplexed as to why this Scorbunny is brown instead of white in color. The scone man suggests Scorbunny deliberately covered itself in dirt to fit in with its urban surrounds and the Nickit. He reveals that Scorbunny and its friends have been affecting his business for some time. Hearing this, Goh confronts Scorbunny directly. He tells Scorbunny to give things a try and explore the world instead of resigning itself to its misery and thieving life. Goh adds that with its lucky legs, Scorbunny is bound to have a good future. Ash is immediately alarmed, and as feared, Scorbunny goes on to kick him from behind.
Goh soon realizes that it is time for them to get the train, so they rush off, leaving Scorbunny. The Nickit see that something has awakened within Scorbunny and urge their friend to follow after Goh. Scorbunny refuses and begins to walk away. The Nickit respond by picking Scorbunny up with their tails and carrying it directly to Wyndon Station. Ash and Goh soon board, while the Nickit toss Scorbunny onto the train just before it departs. In honor of the friend, the Nickit kick a drink can directly into a bin and tease it with a tail wag and pulling of the eye. Scorbunny tears up at the gesture before the doors close shut and the train leaves the station. Scorbunny starts to clean the dirt off itself as its new life begins. Meanwhile, Ash and Goh recount their encounter with Scorbunny and the Nickit back to the Cerise Laboratory. Cerise thanks the boys for the update and wishes them luck during their time in the Wild Area.
- Ash and Goh learn about the Galar region and a phenomenon that causes Pokémon to grow giant there.
- Ash and Goh travel to Galar for the first time.
- Ash and Goh encounter a wild Scorbunny, who starts following them.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the history page.
Who's That Pokémon?: Scorbunny
- Get Inspired! Let's Solve a Poké Riddle!!: Scorbunny
- The recycling can that the three Nickit use to throw at the train station has a Slowpoke's face design resembling one from Pokémon Quest.
- The initial preview for this episode depicted Scorbunny with its proper color scheme instead of being covered in dirt as seen in the broadcast version.
- This episode marks the first appearance of a number of Pokémon species in the main series after long absences:
- The episode's English dub title is a play on the phrase "settling the score".
- Ash, Pikachu, Scorbunny, and Goh narrate the preview for the next episode.
- The following errors are fixed in the English dub:
- In a scene where Ash and Goh are inside the plane, Turtwig's sclera is colored white instead of yellow.
- When Ash commands Pikachu to use Thunderbolt, he has his bag on, even though it was hanging from a pole at the time and he has yet to get it back at this point (due to the fact that this sequence was reused from an earlier episode).
- The bus seen in the initial shots of Galar has its door on the wrong side, where it opens into the middle of the road.
- When Ash tells Scorbunny to give his bag back, the visor on his hat is colored red like the rest of the hat instead of white.
- When Ash's bag swings on the pole, one of its straps has its colors reversed.
- Scorbunny's name is misspelled as Scorebunny on the Netflix website.
- The mustache of a man in the train station is removed, likely due to it resembling the mustache of Adolf Hitler.
- The Japanese text depicting Wyndon's name is edited out.
In other languages
|স্কোরবানির একটা ব্যবস্থা করা
|Scorbunny og den tyvagtige trio!
|De Scorbunny bende!
| European French
|Flambino, un Pokémon rusé !
|!פוגשים את סקורבאני
|स्कोरबनी से हिसाब चुकता! Scorbunny se Hisaab Chukta!
|Amici di scorribande!
|Wyrównajmy rachunki, Scorbunny!
|Acertando as contas!
|Acertar as Contas com o Scorbunny!
|Как подставить Скорбанни!
| Latin America
|¡Enfrentando a Scorbunny!
|¡Conociendo a Scorbunny!
|ஸ்கொர்பனியை அமைதி படுத்து
|Scorbunny ile Hesaplaşma*