From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Hall of Origin (Japanese: はじまりのま Hall of Origin) is where the legendary Pokémon Arceus resides.
It is an event-only area, located above the Spear Pillar. It is accessible only once the player has the Azure Flute and returns to the Spear Pillar after defeating the Elite Four, as the event will not be possible until after Team Galactic has been defeated and Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina has been encountered. The player can play the flute to make a staircase appear, which leads out of sight, as if never-ending.
Following the staircase up leads to a glass-like platform, high above the Spear Pillar, where Arceus awaits the player's challenge. As soon as the player steps onto the platform in Diamond or Pearl, the game will automatically initiate the battle.
When the player accesses the Hall of Origin by blowing into the Azure Flute, he/she is actually no longer on the Spear Pillar, but rather in a different location; the camera angle changes completely, as does the name of the location (as evident on the captured Arceus's status screen and in the summary of the player's status on the save screen). Though it is possible to access the Hall of Origin by the use of cheating devices with the pass through walls code, the battle with Arceus will not begin unless the Azure Flute event has been activated.
Like the Spear Pillar, it is technically outside of the mountain, so the Escape Rope cannot be used to teleport the player back to the entrance of Mt. Coronet. However, also like the Spear Pillar, it is within range of Mt. Coronet's strong magnetic field, and therefore, Magneton and Nosepass will both evolve here, if leveled up.
| Special Pokémon
| A colored background means that the Pokémon can be found in this location in the specified game. A white background with a colored letter means that the Pokémon cannot be found here.
- The Hall of Origin background music is a remix of the music from the title screen of Diamond and Pearl.
- When the Azure Flute is used to open up The Hall of Origin, the music used is a remix of the beginning of the title screen music.
- Once Arceus is captured, the Azure Flute will no longer open the staircase to the Hall of Origin. However, if Arceus was defeated, the Azure Flute will be able to open the Hall of Origin so the player can attempt to battle it again.
- If Arceus is captured, upon using the Azure Flute at the Spear Pillar, it will say "The Azure Flute echoed hollowly..."
- If a fateful encounter Arceus is already used for the Sinjoh Ruins event, another Arceus caught in the Hall of Origin may be used to go back to Sinjoh Ruins and choose one of Dialga, Palkia or Giratina. However, the legendary chosen with the fateful encounter Arceus cannot be chosen again.
- As the Azure Flute has never been released anywhere, it is impossible to go to the Hall of Origin without cheating.
In other languages