From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
| Meeting at Terminus Cave!
Terminus Cave! The Mystery of Z is Set in Motion!!
|| December 24, 2015
| United States
|| April 16, 2016
|| Team Kato
|| 冨岡淳広 Atsuhiro Tomioka
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Assistant director
|| 浅田裕二 Yūji Asada
| Animation directors
|| 岩根雅明 Masaaki Iwane
| 中矢利子 Toshiko Nakaya
| 酒井裕未 Hiromi Sakai
| 松永香苗 Kanae Matsunaga
| No additional credits are available at this time.
Meeting at Terminus Cave! (Japanese: ついの洞窟！動き出したZの謎！！ Terminus Cave! The Mystery of Z is Set in Motion!!) is the 102nd episode of the XY series, and the 901st episode of the Pokémon anime. It first aired in Japan on December 24, 2015 and in the United States on April 16, 2016.
As our heroes enter Terminus Cave, Squishy takes off! Before the others can catch up, Squishy sends a message to a similar-looking Pokémon. This alerts Team Flare, and they scatter to catch Squishy (which they call Z1) and its friend, Z2!
As Team Flare closes in, Squishy summons many Cells and merges with them to become a fierce four-legged Pokémon. It hits Team Flare with a devastating attack—and when that’s not enough, Ash sends out his Greninja, and the two of them appear to battle as one being!
Team Flare finally retreats, but Squishy is missing. Our heroes set off to find it...as Team Flare watches their every move!
|| This plot summary is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this plot summary to add missing sections and complete it.
- For a list of all major events in the anime, please see the timeline of events.
Who's That Pokémon?: Drapion (US and international)
Pokémon Quiz: Drapion (Japan)
The title card segment focuses on Ash for this episode
- Poké TV: "Poké Love TV" focusing on Luxray and its X-ray vision.
- The Poké TV segment was skipped for original airings.
- Bonnie and Clemont narrate the preview for the next episode.
- This is the first time since its debut that Noibat has used a new move.
- When Team Rocket recited their motto, the usual background animation was not seen.
- Also, Team Rocket uses a variation of their motto in this episode.
- This is one of the few episodes in which Team Rocket refers Giovanni by his proper name and not as "the Boss".
- When the Team Flare Grunt contacts Xerosic, the Team Flare logo on the back of Xerosic's coat briefly disappears.
- In the dub, when Gourgeist peeked down into the passage that Ash and everyone else went through, Gourgeist's mouth moves but no sound comes out. The closed captions, however, do include the cry.
- Celosia's Manectric used Scratch, a move that it cannot legally learn. This was changed in the dub to where Celosia merely commanded it to "Go after it" instead.
- After Greninja reverts to its normal form, its chest is the same from Ash-Greninja form.
- In the Danish dub, "Terminus-grotten" is misspelled as "Teminus-grotten" in the title card.
In other languages
|| Møde ved Terminus-grotten!
|| Ontmoeting bij de Terminus-grot!
|| Tapaaminen Terminus-luolassa!
| European French
|| Rencontre dans la grotte Coda !
|| Konfrontation in der Omega-Höhle!
|| Incontro alla Grotta Climax!
|| 끝의 동굴! 서서히 들어나는 Z의 비밀!!
|| Møte ved Terminusgrotten!
|| Spotkanie w Jaskini Terminus!
|| Encontro na Caverna Terminus!
|| Encontro na Gruta Terminus!
|| Встреча в Пещере Терминус!
|| Latin America
|| ¡Un encuentro en la Cueva Terminus!
|| ¡Encuentro en la Cueva Desenlace!
|| Mötet vid Terminus-grottan!
|| ถ้ำแห่งการสิ้นสุด! ปริศนาแห่ง Z เริ่มเคลื่อนไหว!!
|| Terminus Mağarasında Buluşma!