- This article is about the Ability that prevents infatuation. For the Ability with a synonymous meaning, see Unaware (Ability).
Oblivious prevents the Pokémon from being afflicted by infatuation.
A Pokémon with this Ability will be cured of infatuation if it is infatuated while in battle (such as if it gains the Ability by an effect like Skill Swap).
Pokémon with Oblivious also cannot be affected by Captivate.
If the Pokémon with this Ability is infatuated and is holding a Mental Herb, Oblivious will cure the Pokémon of infatuation before the Mental Herb has a chance to be consumed. If the Pokémon with this Ability is holding a Destiny Knot, the Destiny Knot will be activated before Oblivious cures the Pokémon of infatuation.
If the Pokémon with this Ability is infatuated and is holding a Mental Herb, the Mental Herb will be consumed before Oblivious cures the Pokémon of infatuation.
Generation VI to VII
In addition to preventing infatuation, Oblivious now prevents the Pokémon from being afflicted by Taunt.
A Pokémon with this Ability will be cured of Taunt if it is taunted while in battle (such as if it gains the Ability by an effect like Skill Swap, or is taunted by a Pokémon with an Ability like Mold Breaker). If the Pokémon is holding a Mental Herb, it will be consumed before Oblivious cures the Pokémon of the Taunt.
Generation VIII onward
Oblivious now also blocks Intimidate.
Outside of battle
Oblivious has no effect outside of battle.
Pokémon with Oblivious
In other games
Slowbro's has the user store up lost HP for a short time; when the user hits an opposing Pokémon with a move, the user restores some of its HP using the stored up HP, and it also decreases the opposing Pokémon's Special Defense by 4% (stacking up to 20%) for a short time.
Bounsweet's and Steenee's makes hindrances last shorter. Upon evolving, this becomes Queenly Majesty.
In the manga
- Crystal's Smoochum, Chumee, is revealed to have Oblivious as her Ability.
- Sapphire's Wailord, Lorry, is revealed to have Oblivious as his Ability.
- Pryce's Swinub is revealed to have Oblivious as its Ability.
- This Ability originated as a TCG Poké-BODY.
- Due to a glitch in Generation IV, If a Pokémon has a non-volatile status condition, if its confusion or infatuation is cured by Own Tempo or Oblivious, the status condition icon will disappear from the HP bar while that Pokémon is in battle. The status condition icon is still displayed in the party menu; if the Pokémon is switched out, the status condition icon will appear again when it is switched back in.
In other languages
|Variations of the Ability Limber|
|Limber • Oblivious • Insomnia • Immunity • Own Tempo • Inner Focus • Magma Armor • Water Veil • Vital Spirit|
|This article is part of Project Moves and Abilities, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on two related aspects of the Pokémon games.|